CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Yeah, I'm curious about the pre-workout too. I use LIT....I'm a fan.

I keep some in my desk at work for the post lunch slump. I gave a guy in the office a 1/2 scoop of this stuff yesterday. 15 minutes later he came back to me with his eyes about to pop out of his skull and said, "You know how insulation feels on your skin? This is how the inside of my face feels." then he scurried back out of the office.
That's one way to improve employee productivity.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      04-03-2019, 10:54 AM   #2312
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
Yeah, I'm curious about the pre-workout too. I use LIT....I'm a fan.

I keep some in my desk at work for the post lunch slump. I gave a guy in the office a 1/2 scoop of this stuff yesterday. 15 minutes later he came back to me with his eyes about to pop out of his skull and said, "You know how insulation feels on your skin? This is how the inside of my face feels." then he scurried back out of the office.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
That's one way to improve employee productivity.
LOL! I did the same with a coworker of mine. He's never taken a pre ever nor has he ever worked out. me and a buddy of mine decided to give him a scoop of Mr Hyde. Well after 30 minutes this fool calls me up and says he's at 24 hr Emergency cause he thought he was dying cause his body was itching and he said his skin all over was tingling along with the adrenaline. The Dr said it's all the side effects from the pre he took and told him to go home and drink plenty of water. The next day he cursed us up and down the whole day lol
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13152.00
Rmtt8206.00
      04-03-2019, 10:56 AM   #2313
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I've never felt like that weird. I barely can tell when snort adderall before workouts.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 11:00 AM   #2314
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Exactly that stuff burns bad on your balls, do the icy hot challenge later when drunk.
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 11:02 AM   #2315
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
LOL! I did the same with a coworker of mine. He's never taken a pre ever nor has he ever worked out. me and a buddy of mine decided to give him a scoop of Mr Hyde. Well after 30 minutes this fool calls me up and says he's at 24 hr Emergency cause he thought he was dying cause his body was itching and he said his skin all over was tingling along with the adrenaline. The Dr said it's all the side effects from the pre he took and told him to go home and drink plenty of water. The next day he cursed us up and down the whole day lol
That's freaking hilarious. I've got the girlfriend drinking it now. We've turned into pre junkies. I haven't tried Mr. Hyde. How many mg of caffeine?

edit: nevermind, just looked it up. 400 mg?!?!?! Holy shit! Mine is 250 and about 15 minutes after I'm ready to run in circles and scorch earth.

One of the reviews from Amazon:

I was sitting on the couch with my wife and drank a scoop of Mr Hyde. I turned to her to tell her I didn't think it was working, but nothing came out except for several low-pitched grunts. Slipknot began to blast in my head as I flipped over our coffee table, stole my son's lunch money, and punted our stupid yapping dog over the fence. I have yet to return to my house and it has been 23 straight days at the gym. My family can only communicate to me through a series of dropping weights on different flooring materials. Even as I write this I must use a translator. 11/10 will abandon my family and professional career to become a beast in the gym.

Appreciate 1
      04-03-2019, 11:07 AM   #2316
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

All these pres have niacin in them too?? THAT is some tingly shit!!!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 11:38 AM   #2317
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

I don't see how you guys do it. I'm so sensitive to stimulants...it's ridiculous.

I couldn't even get shots in my gums when I had my veneers done. The first time they injected me, my heart rate sped up so bad that it worried the Dentist.
      04-03-2019, 11:41 AM   #2318
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Yeah, no i can take it for evening workout and no issues sleeping. Lot of times can barely tell took anything.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 02:21 PM   #2319
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, no i can take it for evening workout and no issues sleeping. Lot of times can barely tell took anything.
How's the foot doing?
      04-03-2019, 03:08 PM   #2320
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Off and on, not expecting it to get all better anytime soon, too much abuse.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 03:56 PM   #2321
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Off and on, not expecting it to get all better anytime soon, too much abuse.
That sucks. It's head to justify time away from the gym even when you know it may help with recovery.

Like I said in one of these threads, I'm going Friday to get my elbow worked over....but I'm going to get my workout in before I see the physical therapist!

Then I plan to take Saturday and Sunday off to let it rest....but mainly because I'm taking the days off to install my new intake and upgraded ECU tune!
      04-03-2019, 07:24 PM   #2322
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Not big on all the caffeine, don't need all that to get hyped up for the gym. I usually get some sort of BCAA energy blend since they usually only have around 100mgs, which is plenty. I dont think I am overly sensitive to caffeine either, but my workouts are pretty intense/fast pace with a decent bit of cardio now that summer is rolling around, all that extra caffeine wouldn't put me in the best spot.

To each their own tho
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      04-03-2019, 08:00 PM   #2323
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

I can't stand when I say, "Don't touch the bar - let me struggle - I will tell you if I need help!" to the spotter and what do they do? Jump in and touch the bar...

It's like come on, 85lbs won't kill me if you are a second late watching me struggle.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 08:03 PM   #2324
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Same have fought with dude during my pause at bottom with 315 plus twice now.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 08:07 PM   #2325
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

There are times I will wait for a few minutes looking for a competent looking person hahah
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2019, 08:22 PM   #2326
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorLurker View Post
There are times I will wait for a few minutes looking for a competent looking person hahah
Same, don't trust majority of the heads in my gym lol
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      04-04-2019, 05:58 AM   #2327
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Same, don't trust majority of the heads in my gym lol
Neither do I. If my training partner (who is way stronger than I am) isn't there....I usually look for someone that I have seen in the gym a few times before...and I make sure to ask if he can get the bar off of me if I need it.

But those days are long gone as I don't try to push the weight I used to do just even 5 years ago in exercises that I can't abort on my own.

By the way referring to the other thread....I was able to get the 90's into place for seated shoulder presses this morning....but it was ugly. I left the bench upright, but raised the seat one notch. Swung them up and nudged them with my knees while halfway sliding down the bench like I was trying to setup for an incline dumbbell bench.

The I got setback upright and knocked out my set. Still think I will change the exercise out on my next rotation though.
      04-04-2019, 06:10 AM   #2328
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Neither do I. If my training partner (who is way stronger than I am) isn't there....I usually look for someone that I have seen in the gym a few times before...and I make sure to ask if he can get the bar off of me if I need it.

But those days are long gone as I don't try to push the weight I used to do just even 5 years ago in exercises that I can't abort on my own.

By the way referring to the other thread....I was able to get the 90's into place for seated shoulder presses this morning....but it was ugly. I left the bench upright, but raised the seat one notch. Swung them up and nudged them with my knees while halfway sliding down the bench like I was trying to setup for an incline dumbbell bench.

The I got setback upright and knocked out my set. Still think I will change the exercise out on my next rotation though.
So you're using an adjustable bench to do your DB presses? I struggle a little more to get the DBs in position on an adjustable due to the height of the back portion. I prefer doing them on one of the fixed upright benches, believe their called a seated utility bench. The back of the bench usually stops near my shoulder blades which allows me to slightly arch my back, also more freedom of the rear of my shoulders. Makes getting them up a lot easier in my opnion because you'll have a little more room to work with.

As far as moving them out of your rotation, I'm a big fan of the hammer strength iso-lateral shoulder press. Not sure if you have one of those at your gym, still able to get a full movement since usually with my shoulder presses I go below 90degrees, meaning at full load my elblows are more inline with my nips then my shoulders. Second favorite shoulder workout after DB press haha
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      04-04-2019, 11:20 AM   #2329
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
So you're using an adjustable bench to do your DB presses? I struggle a little more to get the DBs in position on an adjustable due to the height of the back portion. I prefer doing them on one of the fixed upright benches, believe their called a seated utility bench. The back of the bench usually stops near my shoulder blades which allows me to slightly arch my back, also more freedom of the rear of my shoulders. Makes getting them up a lot easier in my opnion because you'll have a little more room to work with.

As far as moving them out of your rotation, I'm a big fan of the hammer strength iso-lateral shoulder press. Not sure if you have one of those at your gym, still able to get a full movement since usually with my shoulder presses I go below 90degrees, meaning at full load my elblows are more inline with my nips then my shoulders. Second favorite shoulder workout after DB press haha
Yeah the adjustable bench back seat height does affect range of motion. One thing I thought of was doing something like I used to do years ago. I would do them standing, but have my lower back braced against a Preacher Curl bench that I rotated the pad on so the flat side was against my back.

I may put the Hammer Strength back in. We have a complete line of that equipment at the gym. I didn't even think of that one.

I liked it in the past as I could load it up and people would just stare like what is that idiot doing?

But I go below 90° too...always have. Just felt more natural to me. Also at the top of all my pressing movements, I do something like a shrug movement with my traps. It feels odd at first because you are used to doing that motion while your holding weight from a hanging position.

But doing it at the top of a press hits your traps in a different way plus it pre-exhausts them for shrugs later!
      04-04-2019, 12:44 PM   #2330
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Yeah the adjustable bench back seat height does affect range of motion. One thing I thought of was doing something like I used to do years ago. I would do them standing, but have my lower back braced against a Preacher Curl bench that I rotated the pad on so the flat side was against my back.

I may put the Hammer Strength back in. We have a complete line of that equipment at the gym. I didn't even think of that one.

I liked it in the past as I could load it up and people would just stare like what is that idiot doing?

But I go below 90° too...always have. Just felt more natural to me. Also at the top of all my pressing movements, I do something like a shrug movement with my traps. It feels odd at first because you are used to doing that motion while your holding weight from a hanging position.

But doing it at the top of a press hits your traps in a different way plus it pre-exhausts them for shrugs later!
I've seen them done standing againist the preacher curl like you mentioned, although I've never attempted it, maybe next shoulder day though.

You can definitely get a lot of weight on the hammer strength, I'm a fan of the range of motion it presents. Always a nice smooth press, whenever I have shoulder pain I'll sub it in for DBs or straight bar press since it is less cumbersome.

I'll have to try the shrugs at the top, I've never seen that motion attempted. Sitting at my desk at work trying it out, looking like an idiot im sure lmao, interested to how it would feel under load.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      04-04-2019, 01:00 PM   #2331
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've seen them done standing againist the preacher curl like you mentioned, although I've never attempted it, maybe next shoulder day though.

You can definitely get a lot of weight on the hammer strength, I'm a fan of the range of motion it presents. Always a nice smooth press, whenever I have shoulder pain I'll sub it in for DBs or straight bar press since it is less cumbersome.

I'll have to try the shrugs at the top, I've never seen that motion attempted. Sitting at my desk at work trying it out, looking like an idiot im sure lmao, interested to how it would feel under load.

It was the way I was taught years ago when I did Olympic Lifting. It definitely hits the traps in a different way!
      04-22-2019, 04:32 AM   #2332
BrownBF
Registered
Rep
Drives: F80 BMW M3

Women who like pouring a glass of perfume on them before training...
Appreciate 0