Pinky91
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 50e & 320d M Sport Touring

Garage List
2021 BMW 320d Touri ...  [0.00]
  [0.00]
I’m glad something is changing.
I asked the dealer today if he has any update after almost 2 weeks, no update but stated that they are very busy on it!

On the other site I have N/A

Last edited by Pinky91; 10-26-2023 at 02:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2023, 12:28 PM   #68
RedRaabbitA
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

For me it turned green without any code:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2023, 01:54 PM   #69
Ghimy
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 50e

Hi guys, also X5 on order for Belgium and no further information for me neither. With the help of these posts figured out these statuses (BMW AT site and Recall App). When opening the dev console, I don't get the same screen so yeah... Patience I guess? Storm was on 30/08, so we've nearly hit the 2 month-mark
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2023, 03:11 PM   #70
rabbit1986
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 M3, 2016 D3 biturbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghimy View Post
Hi guys, also X5 on order for Belgium and no further information for me neither. With the help of these posts figured out these statuses (BMW AT site and Recall App). When opening the dev console, I don't get the same screen so yeah... Patience I guess? Storm was on 30/08, so we've nearly hit the 2 month-mark
We should not call them daily indeed but ffs, a giant brand like BMW can’t tell me where my car is since 2 months 😂

If only I knew on what boat it has been or hasn’t been. I would be a lot calmer.
Appreciate 1
LDT1539.50
      10-27-2023, 03:42 AM   #71
RedRaabbitA
Private
Rep

The AT website updated and I have green status now:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 04:31 AM   #72
solberg
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaabbitA View Post

Hope it's going to be fast now (at least for you).
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 04:33 AM   #73
RedRaabbitA
Private
Rep

Will see. My dealer still hasn’t provided me any update, apart of mentioning me that the block is lifted.
Hopefully the things are moving now, hope for all of us here
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 05:08 AM   #74
Emmanuel
Rep
Drives: BMW XM

The official letter from BMW Benelux is dated October 4th. We are now almost a month later and still have not received any updates. The affected customers belong to the top segments of the BMW range. This situation is quite disrespectful and unprofessional on BMW's part.

Whether the news is good or bad, it doesn't matter; simply providing an update would be more customer-friendly.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 05:29 AM   #75
Pinky91
Private
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solberg View Post

Hope it's going to be fast now (at least for you).
But we (and I asked the dealer, he doesn't know either) don't know how they are planning to deliver the cars that are checked / repaired.
Group per dealer?
Group per region? Country?
Group per full truck / train?
Wait for transport till all cars are checked / repaired?

And, if the API and TA site now show's no codes, does this means it's already repaired or just checked?

Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 06:18 AM   #76
solberg
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW i3S

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbr91 View Post
But we (and I asked the dealer, he doesn't know either) don't know how they are planning to deliver the cars that are checked / repaired.
Group per dealer?
Group per region? Country?
Group per full truck / train?
Wait for transport till all cars are checked / repaired?

And, if the API and TA site now show's no codes, does this means it's already repaired or just checked?

If the stop code is lifted, the issue is resolved. That means distribution will continue as usual or total loss (no need for a stop code). But I'm pretty sure it's the first case.

My car sits at a distribution center in town. So when it's released it's 1-2 days til delivery.
But depending where in the distribution chain your cars was stopped it takes x days.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 07:06 AM   #77
Emmanuel
Rep

My dealer told me that the cars will not be released in batches, but rather one car at a time. So once a car is inspected, it's just a matter of transportation. All cars destined for the Belgian market are inspected in Germany. It's a bit odd that we have to analyze when and where the car is coming from. BMW should be more transparent about this.

Anyway, I hope that if somebody has good news, they will continue to post updates here
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 07:32 AM   #78
martinbrussell
Rep
Drives: BMW x5 50e Msport

Was told a few days ago that the cars will now be released to the dearship for repair but this is not likely to happen until December. I have cancelled my order, spending over £100k on a car that’s been repaired just seems wrong, especially given it’s water damage.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 10:41 AM   #79
Emmanuel
Rep

I ve got a replacement car, free of charge (X1 model) at this moment.
But it's a band-aid on a wound.
Cancellation is not so easy here in Belgium was it for you in the UK?
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 11:16 AM   #80
RedRaabbitA
Private
Rep

They gave me a Mini and I have to pay a part for it … now depends on the dealership
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 01:54 PM   #81
Pinky91
Private
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by solberg View Post
If the stop code is lifted, the issue is resolved. That means distribution will continue as usual or total loss (no need for a stop code). But I'm pretty sure it's the first case.

My car sits at a distribution center in town. So when it's released it's 1-2 days til delivery.
But depending where in the distribution chain your cars was stopped it takes x days.
Well mine is in Germany and I’m from Belgium. So it’s not that far. But I can’t imagine that they will ship just one car at a time. If it’s in town, like yours, that I can believe.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2023, 03:01 PM   #82
RedRaabbitA
Private
Rep

It may probably come by truck or by boat . Here is the boat schedule:

Do you still have a STOP code ?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-28-2023, 12:49 AM   #83
Pinky91
Private
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
It may probably come by truck or by boat . Here is the boat schedule:

Do you still have a STOP code ?
Yes on the .at website. .de only the other code and status open.
I’ll check next friday again if there is any update.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2023, 02:43 PM   #84
Pinky91
Private
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iJustWantMyCarPlease View Post
Has anyone heard anything now we are in the new week?

I ordered my X5 several months ago and have only received stalling tactics the past 2 months. Originally not released because of a “software update”; we only got information from the dealer when we contacted them.

Here in the UK we weren’t even told about the water damage at all, it was only yesterday when we escalated the matter; the branch manager was in a meeting so we were put in contact with the Service Manager. That was who seemingly slipped up and mentioned water damage. At which point I came straight to this forum and found this treasure trove of information.

We feel they have purposely been hiding all of this from us and have gotten caught in a lie. To the point where a TV show like watchdogs or news companies might be interested in this story. Especially considering someone mentioned Porsche customers have had a similar experience. Seems like they could have a PR nightmare on their hands.

When spending £100k+ on a car, and with over 20 years of being a loyal BMW customer, surely one would expect honesty and a little transparency at a basic level? If it’s true that they have known about potential damage since it’s been at the port (IN AUGUST!!) who has lied to who? And how long did it take for all parties on BMW’s side to find out the truth? My car has been at the dealer for 3 weeks, I have physically been there and seen it; yet no mention of saltwater damage until yesterday… and they still won’t release the car. I’m no detective but something is amiss here.

[B]One note for UK members, [...]
Nope, no update from my dealer.
But, in Belgium, we have a holiday tomorrow. 1 free day here mostly results in “taking a week off” 😂
I don’t know the rights here but I’m thinking to “reject” the car if I don’t get any official update by the end of November.
(I’m still giving it some time because I don’t want to loose my tax benefit and I really don’t want a full electric car. So it’s kind off wait and hope for a proper repaired car or keep my diesel, which only drives 13k km per year 🤷‍♂️)
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 12:42 PM   #85
RedRaabbitA
Private
Rep

Anyone any news?
For me although the recall status is green/closed since last week, my dealer still don’t have any news from BMW AG… he just told me that it will still take some weeks . I am totally thinking to reject the order as well, but there is no Black X6 available on stock in Belgium.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 02:31 PM   #86
Emmanuel
Rep

I placed my order for the XM in December last year, and to my surprise, friends of mine who ordered their cars later have already received and are driving them. I reached out to BMW BELUX directly via email, as my dealer couldn't provide me with any meaningful updates. Unfortunately, they too have no news to offer.

I find this situation quite frustrating and frankly, a bit ridiculous. It seems like there might be a breakdown in communication or process within the BMW group. With so many managers involved, it's disheartening to see that no one seems to be able to make a decision or take responsibility.

At this point, I'm seriously considering canceling my order. I've even found the XM in the same configuration I ordered, already in stock in Belgium. Of course, the only drawback is potentially losing the tax advantage if I don't order before July 2023.

I recently spoke with a friend who works as a journalist at a major Belgian newspaper, and they are interested in publishing a story about this issue. I'm giving it one more week before deciding to give the green light to share this story with a wider audience.

As customers of the prestige models of BMW, I believe we deserve better treatment and more transparency in this process.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2023, 05:15 PM   #87
dragonfly4
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanuel View Post
I reached out to BMW BELUX directly via email, as my dealer couldn't provide me with any meaningful updates. Unfortunately, they too have no news to offer.
Via contact@bmw.be ?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2023, 01:57 AM   #88
Pinky91
Private
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Anyone any news?
For me although the recall status is green/closed since last week, my dealer still don’t have any news from BMW AG… he just told me that it will still take some weeks . I am totally thinking to reject the order as well, but there is no Black X6 available on stock in Belgium.
Some weeks 😳
Appreciate 0