BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

03-09-2019, 07:07 AM   #1
Jgc650i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Gtechniq Crystal Serum or Cquartz Professional

Planning to have my G05 corrected/prepped and coated on delivery. Not going to do the PPF, this one's going to be leased and generally don't bother unless I'm buying and planning to keep it longer term. I'm in a somewhat rural area and options are limited on detailers/suppliers. I've seen a couple references to these products in other threads, but looking for opinion from those who have experience with both. My choice pretty much comes down to either the Gtechniq Crystal Serum or Cquartz Professional products. Would appreciate some feedback on why specifically you would choose one over the other from those who know both products. Thanks in advance for your feedback and suggestions, much appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 09:46 AM   #2
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Not CQuartz
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 09:49 AM   #3
Jgc650i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Not CQuartz
Why?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 10:28 AM   #4
gofast182
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i xDrive

When the weather gets nicer I intend to coat our new G05. I was going to use CQuartz UK 3.0 but after doing some more research I think I'm going for Polish Angel Cosmic V2. It gives up a bit of longevity for gloss which is important to me.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 10:33 AM   #5
X519
BMW Fan
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgc650i View Post
....My choice pretty much comes down to either the Gtechniq Crystal Serum or Cquartz Professional products. Would appreciate some feedback on why specifically you would choose one over the other from those who know both products. Thanks in advance for your feedback and suggestions, much appreciated!
Hi there,

Not used both products but have been doing a fair amount of reading in the last month and have decided to go with Gtechniq for my car. I will list the reasons but it must be considered as a biased opinion now

- Long lasting (cs ultra is claimed for 9 years but sold only to accredited professionals). Take this with a pinch of salt sure but see below.
- genuine >3 year lasting base coats ( cs light ) and 2-3 yr top coats ( exo v4), if maintained reasonably . These come with extremely good water beading properties. Verified by users online and also a few users here
- very high gloss and clarity ( note that this significantly depends on paint prep and polish, but the coat will preserve it)
- hardness of ultra is a step higher (10H) compared to 9H hardness of most other films. Still only incrementally harder than the factory clear coat, so while this is nice, it is not a big factor for me- but combined with other factors, lends credence to their lifetime ratings.
- Relatively more direct about limitations and lifetime ratings in their website. They will tell on their site if their lacquers/coatings last only for 2 years or even 3months. their website is one of the few that provides hardcore info upfront in the form of material data sheets. They also provide a very good service cost estimator on their website which makes it easy to check with detailers.

Minimal gotchas on 9 year warranty -if you go with cs ultra: don’t run it through harsh car washes, spritz it with a detailing spray once or twice a year and get it inspected also once a year . Reasonable for me but ymmv of course.

The product is good, but you need to find a good installer as well , which is also crucial. Look up the gtechniq website for credited installers if you like.

I have come to like them , but not affiliated in any way. Will be getting my car done in early to mid April and can share pics then.

What is your car color BTW?
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2019, 10:42 AM   #6
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgc650i View Post
Why?
CQuartz is not a professional grade ceramic, Feyn Labs and OptiCoat are meaning they will last longer and be better overall. If you want consumer grade stuff, by all means, go with CQuartz, it's just not a great product if you're getting it professionally done
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0