12-18-2018, 12:24 PM   #111
jcc285
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Not everyone, some made it through but a large amount did not. The supply of cameras is the issue.
How do you know if you made it through?
‘Production begins’ and estimated completion date does not mean anything reading at the prior weeks’ posts
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 12:25 PM   #112
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc285 View Post
Quote:
Not everyone, some made it through but a large amount did not. The supply of cameras is the issue.
How do you know if you made it through?
‘Production begins’ and estimated completion date does not mean anything reading at the prior weeks.
Call the robot lady or speak with someone at BMW NA or your CA
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 01:10 PM   #113
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
I'm giving BMW a chance to fix this and keeping my allocation unless something drastically changes. Right now it's for Week 3 (waiting for my CA to push for Week 2). Let the waiting begin yet again. I requested the spare tire option also be added since I'll be waiting for damn near a month.
Appreciate 1
mhfrye39.50
      12-18-2018, 01:48 PM   #114
wanderlustX5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019

Quote:
I'm glad yours in at leats on the production line.

I found out some more information on the delay. BMW has a shortage of camera for the ZPK ( Parking assistance package) yet again like they did with the X3 earlier this year. This affects all G series models in production. There are some that made it through but most did not. BMW didn't learn to correct the supply issue from earlier on seeing how it's literally a repeat off April/May.
Oh shoot! I had ZPK package in my build. Will this delay my Week 1 build
ZPK is very popular package. 99% of dealer inventories have the ZPK package. The fact that BMW USA cannot predict the demand is disappointing.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 01:55 PM   #115
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

The camera supply was why my order went from week 46 to week 48 when I added ZPK before I entered production. Around Mid Oct, BMW split parking assist out of the premium package so buyers who didn't want it, might forgo the need for cameras. The configurator then offered the Parking Assistance option separately.

Also, I believe the following may be getting retroactively added to some vehicles in the assembly line:

B661518 - Delivery Stop: Program Control Unit KAFAS
B340918 - Service Action: Program Control Unit (DSC)

Android - one silver lining on this - and it's the way I thought about it: The longer you wait, the more wrinkles get ironed out/addressed.

Last edited by lumpydog; 12-18-2018 at 03:37 PM..
Appreciate 1
      12-18-2018, 02:08 PM   #116
2019x5User
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bwm x5

Happy waiting, guys
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 02:57 PM   #117
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustX5 View Post
Quote:

I found out some more information on the delay. BMW has a shortage of camera for the ZPK ( Parking assistance package) yet again like they did with the X3 earlier this year. This affects all G series models in production. There are some that made it through but most did not. BMW didn't learn to correct the supply issue from earlier on seeing how it's literally a repeat off April/May.
Oh shoot! I had ZPK package in my build. Will this delay my Week 1 build
ZPK is very popular package. 99% of dealer inventories have the ZPK package. The fact that BMW USA cannot predict the demand is disappointing.
There are no week 1 builds only Week 2 onward. The factory will remain down for the holidays during weeks 52-1. I completely agree! I used to work for a company larger than BMW globally and even with our messed up systems we still didn't have these issues (knowing months in advance was is needed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpydog View Post
The camera supply was why my order went from week 46 to week 48 when I added ZPK before I entered production. Around Mid Oct, BMW split parking assist out of the convenience package so buyers who didn't want it, might forgo the need for cameras. The configurator then offered the Parking Assistance option seperately.

Also, I believe the following may be getting retroactively added to some vehicles in the assembly line:

B661518 - Delivery Stop: Program Control Unit KAFAS
B340918 - Service Action: Program Control Unit (DSC)

Android - one silver lining on this - and it's the way I thought about it: The longer you wait, the more wrinkles get ironed out/addressed.
The issue only became bad during the first week fo December from what I was told. I hope so, my X3 has been pretty good other than some speaker rattle. I'd rather have my X5 now with some software glitches than later assuming they aren't horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019x5User View Post
Happy waiting, guys
Appreciate 2
mhfrye39.50
Doc5513454.50
      12-18-2018, 08:19 PM   #118
bichoo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bichoo View Post
So this should be a delay for anyone who has ordered ZPK? I'm going to call genius now and check the status of mine, which is a 40i but with the affected package
Well I got my VIN and I'm just at 150. I'll keep checking daily on the updates but given the 2 week shutdown, I expect a pause until week 2.
Oh well, I had assumed delivery at the end of January so as long as I get it by then, I'll be happy. Fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 09:22 PM   #119
jra0113
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive 50i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc5513 View Post
My completion date just moved from Dec 18(today) to Dec 21

There could also be a raw material shortage issue. Which trickles down to literally everyone in supply lines. Nobody really sees the behind the scenes political stuff but I'm in the business of stainless steel and trumps tariffs have really fucked with supply all over the world. I've got customers angry at me because my raw material suppliers in places like Italy are not getting me my shipments in time for political reasons. Manufacturing of all types across the world are really screwed up right now.

I like what trump is doing for American manufacturing but I can tell you it's put a wrench in things for me. Demand is high but supplies needed to meet said demand is very delayed.

Guessing BMW is experiencing some of the same issues I am.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 09:31 PM   #120
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jra0113 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

There could also be a raw material shortage issue. Which trickles down to literally everyone in supply lines. Nobody really sees the behind the scenes political stuff but I'm in the business of stainless steel and trumps tariffs have really fucked with supply all over the world. I've got customers angry at me because my raw material suppliers in places like Italy are not getting me my shipments in time for political reasons. Manufacturing of all types across the world are really screwed up right now.

I like what trump is doing for American manufacturing but I can tell you it's put a wrench in things for me. Demand is high but supplies needed to meet said demand is very delayed.

I suppose that could play a role but we are talking about the cameras in ZPK. They had another shortage earlier this year for the X3/X4/5 Series so I can't imagine the tarrifs played a a big role if any.

Who knows what will happen with the order in January. I already have $1.5k worth of stuff coming for the X5 between now and then IND black exhaust, grill (still don't like what they charge for this), reflectors in body color, BMW door projectors etc
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 10:14 PM   #121
jra0113
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive 50i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jra0113 View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I suppose that could play a role but we are talking about the cameras in ZPK. They had another shortage earlier this year for the X3/X4/5 Series so I can't imagine the tarrifs played a a big role if any.

Who knows what will happen with the order in January. I already have $1.5k worth of stuff coming for the X5 between now and then IND black exhaust, grill (still don't like what they charge for this), reflectors in body color, BMW door projectors etc
Not trying to call you dense but you do understand where those cameras were 99% likely to be sourced from for the bmw right? CHINA. There's this trade war thing going on if you haven't read the news lately. Electronics from China have specifically targeted. Average consumers just don't understand what is really going on.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 10:30 PM   #122
wanderlustX5
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 2019

Quote:
There are no week 1 builds only Week 2 onward. The factory will remain down for the holidays during weeks 52-1. I completely agree! I used to work for a company larger than BMW globally and even with our messed up systems we still didn't have these issues (knowing months in advance was is needed).

The issue only became bad during the first week fo December from what I was told. I hope so, my X3 has been pretty good other than some speaker rattle. I'd rather have my X5 now with some software glitches than later assuming they aren't horrible.
The factory opens on January 2nd. Closed Dec 23-Jan 1. I confirmed with BMW Genius. So there is week 1 build that starts January 2nd.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 10:36 PM   #123
lumpydog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I already have $1.5k worth of stuff coming for the X5 between now and then IND black exhaust, grill (still don't like what they charge for this), reflectors in body color, BMW door projectors etc
Then call it. Make your choice. 1) Commit to being being an early adapter and live with what comes with it, good and bad. Or 2) Cancel your order - return $1.5K worth of stuff and walk away. I’m not saying either is right or wrong or better or worse. But option 3) Sitting on the fence and complaining - is just wasted time and space.

Pick, move on, be content in life.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 11:27 PM   #124
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
I already have $1.5k worth of stuff coming for the X5 between now and then IND black exhaust, grill (still don't like what they charge for this), reflectors in body color, BMW door projectors etc
Then call it. Make your choice. 1) Commit to being being an early adapter and live with what comes with it, good and bad. Or 2) Cancel your order - return $1.5K worth of stuff and walk away. I’m not saying either is right or wrong or better or worse. But option 3) Sitting on the fence and complaining - is just wasted time and space.

Pick, move on, be content in life.
If you read above I opted to keep my order but did not update my signature accordingly yet.
Appreciate 2
lumpydog693.50
sygazelle11495.00
      12-19-2018, 01:09 AM   #125
bichoo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
The factory opens on January 2nd. Closed Dec 23-Jan 1. I confirmed with BMW Genius. So there is week 1 build that starts January 2nd.
Excellent, this is good to hear. Thanks for passing along this information
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 05:07 AM   #126
lumpydog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
If you read above I opted to keep my order but did not update my signature accordingly yet.
Awesome! You’ve come too far to bail. As others have said - you won’t be disappointed. I did my fair share of being frustrated - you’re not alone. Glad I stuck to my guns - in the long run, just a few extra weeks.

As Tom Petty said....
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11495.00
      12-19-2018, 07:45 AM   #127
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Interesting, my CA said it was closed the first week of Jan, I'll have to see why he though that.

Quote:
Quote:
Awesome! You’ve come too far to bail. As others have said - you won’t be disappointed. I did my fair share of being frustrated - you’re not alone. Glad I stuck to my guns - in the long run, just a few extra weeks.

As Tom Petty said....
Considering the options out there the X5 50i I ordered is the best one for me. While I'm extremely dissatisfied with BMWs lack of accountability I still want the car.
Appreciate 1
sygazelle11495.00
      12-19-2018, 09:00 AM   #128
vertrkr
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive40i

I ordered the ZPK package and today I just moved to Entering assembly line with a Dec 20 completion date. Maybe I'll get stuck in QC waiting for the part but at least there's movement.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 09:12 AM   #129
mhfrye
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 Xdrive50i (g05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertrkr View Post
I ordered the ZPK package and today I just moved to Entering assembly line with a Dec 20 completion date. Maybe I'll get stuck in QC waiting for the part but at least there's movement.

My 50i also moved to Entering Assembly Line this morning with ZPK. I have a Dec 20 completion date too, so maybe ours are being made in the same batch. Finally, some progress!!! Hopefully, others will see some progress as well, as this has been a long wait. I am worried we'll be stuck in QC purgatory for a while as others have experienced in weeks 48 and 49.
2008 BMW 550i (retired)
1997 BMW Z3 30i V6 (retired)
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 09:32 AM   #130
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhfrye View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertrkr View Post

My 50i also moved to Entering Assembly Line this morning with ZPK. I have a Dec 20 completion date too, so maybe ours are being made in the same batch. Finally, some progress!!! Hopefully, others will see some progress as well, as this has been a long wait. I am worried we'll be stuck in QC purgatory for a while as others have experienced in weeks 48 and 49.
must be nice, I was week 51 but mines in purgatory with no true eta/build date just sometime between now and Feb
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 10:20 AM   #131
lumpydog
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Interesting, my CA said it was closed the first week of Jan, I'll have to see why he though that.
https://www.bmwusfactory.com/wp-cont...aySchedule.pdf
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2018, 10:35 AM   #132
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
https://www.bmwusfactory.com/wp-cont...aySchedule.pdf
According to my CA they might be open but there are no week 1 allocations that can be made or have been made since that's not a build week.
Appreciate 1
lumpydog693.50