10-27-2013, 04:53 AM   #1
Badawe
INTJ
Rep
Drives: A camel

Opinions

Would like to know your opinions on this one:

http://www.thedivewatchconnection.co...p?f=51&t=28368

I'm getting a watch soon and I think I'm sold!
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #2
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

What do you want to know that Hodinkee didn't discuss?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 10:29 AM   #3
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

looks cool but personally, id prefer a real vintage 1957 broad arrow

also, i'm not a big fan of all the different versions of the speedmaster

3570.50 is good enough for me
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #4
Badawe
INTJ
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
What do you want to know that Hodinkee didn't discuss?
Just your personal opinions

Last edited by Badawe; 11-10-2013 at 12:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2013, 12:22 AM   #5
Badawe
INTJ
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post
looks cool but personally, id prefer a real vintage 1957 broad arrow

also, i'm not a big fan of all the different versions of the speedmaster

3570.50 is good enough for me
I do like the 3570.50 and I am also not a big fan of the other versions of the speedmaster but this one got my attention, its has this nice retro/modern feel to it
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #6
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badawee View Post
Just your personal opinions
OK. Sorry, then I haven't worn the watch, but I know that you can judge the wear characteristics by just popping over to your local Omega seller and trying one on. It's a chrono and I don't buy chronos since I have more use for my money than I do for watch complications I know I won't use. But I know that some "watch people" like to buy chronos just to have a complicated watch. As complications go, I tend to go for automatics, GMT and alarms, calendars (because I can/will use the feature), minute repeaters, or maybe a moon phase if the watch offers something unique in its moon display and I feel really, really compelled by it. (for aural and/or visual pleasure)

Here is another review of the watch. I haven't read it, but ABTW often offers wearability impressions and experiences.

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/review-t...l-chronograph/

The only Omega I have is a Constellation and I've had not one single negative experience with it. Tons of folks like the Speedy offerings, so I can't say as I'd think you'll be disappointed.

Here's some thoughts on the 9300 movement inside the case: http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2012/1/...chronogra.html

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 03:36 AM   #7
Badawe
INTJ
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
OK. Sorry, then I haven't worn the watch, but I know that you can judge the wear characteristics by just popping over to your local Omega seller and trying one on. It's a chrono and I don't buy chronos since I have more use for my money than I do for watch complications I know I won't use. But I know that some "watch people" like to buy chronos just to have a complicated watch. As complications go, I tend to go for automatics, GMT and alarms, calendars (because I can/will use the feature), minute repeaters, or maybe a moon phase if the watch offers something unique in its moon display and I feel really, really compelled by it. (for aural and/or visual pleasure)

Here is another review of the watch. I haven't read it, but ABTW often offers wearability impressions and experiences.

http://www.ablogtowatch.com/review-t...l-chronograph/

The only Omega I have is a Constellation and I've had not one single negative experience with it. Tons of folks like the Speedy offerings, so I can't say as I'd think you'll be disappointed.

Here's some thoughts on the 9300 movement inside the case: http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2012/1/...chronogra.html
Thanks Tony, that ABTW review was helpful.

I think I'll wait for the dealer to bring it so I can try it on, at 41.5" the dial size is definitely to my liking but I'm not sure about the thickness of the case.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2013, 04:38 AM   #8
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I think I'll wait for the dealer to bring it so I can try it on, at 41.5" the dial size is definitely to my liking but I'm not sure about the thickness of the case.
I hear you on the thickness. It's one of those things one just has to judge for oneself. Personally, I'd prefer it have a flat crystal, but that's one of my personal preference things. I certainly have domed crystal watches and don't dislike them for that attribute and it's definitely not something over which I'd decline to buy a watch I like otherwise. (That's not including the rare "statemetn" watch that has more bubble than dome for a crystal. LOL)

Glad the ABTW was helpful for I had little else of value to offer, and you are most welcome.

All the best.

Appreciate 0
      11-12-2013, 12:59 PM   #9
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

i saw a side shot of the broad arrow and i was surprised at how tall it was..

the co-axial 8500.. they're beautiful watches with impressive movements but i really do not like how tall they are
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2014, 07:35 PM   #10
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by finaloption View Post
i saw a side shot of the broad arrow and i was surprised at how tall it was..

the co-axial 8500.. they're beautiful watches with impressive movements but i really do not like how tall they are
Yes, Omega seems to be in their "thick" mode for all their Seamasters and Speedmasters. One expects a chronograph to be thicker than normal so it can accommodate the "stuff" that enables the chrono functionality. But even Omegas uncomplicated Speedy's and Seamasters are thick. It is what it is, I guess.

All the best.

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2014, 07:39 PM   #11
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Did you ever try on/buy the watch or still thinking? If still thinking, try to get one having the newer version of the co-axial chrono movement inside. The older one that's based on the 2500 co-axial has been cited as just "up and dying" on folks. Omega's standing behind it in good fashion, but still, it's a nuisance when a watch just dies.

All the best.

Appreciate 0