02-18-2022, 04:30 AM   #1
Malibuba32
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

To use a car cover or not?

Hello

I would love some input from you guys for my situation here:
I don't have a closed garage, only a carport. My problem is that there is a storm coming to my area this evening and I live pretty rural with a lot of trees around. I'm worried about branches and all kinds of dirt hitting my car during the storm. I was thinking of using a car cover for extra protection but I read that a car cover, especially with a lot of wind, could damage your paint. I just got the beast coated with Gyeon Evo..
So my question is, what would you do? Leave the car naked under the carport or use the car cover anyway?

All input appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 02:04 PM   #2
GrussGott
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Comp Indv

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibuba32 View Post
what would you do? Leave the car naked under the carport or use the car cover anyway?
leave it naked - dirt and dust can get under the cover and then the wind will act like hours of dry sanding your paint (or with rain water, wet sanding!)
Appreciate 2
      07-13-2022, 07:25 PM   #3
ouafaeha
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X6

Definitely cover. If you value your car at least somehow, then do that. Any car protection is better than nothing, and rare whaling is better than no washing.
The best variant is to have a garage for car protection, but if you cannot afford that, there are nice options like stable colorbond carports with an insulated roof. They can keep the temperature under the roof much lower than outside and protect your car from the sun and the rain. It can be even better than a garage because it is an open space, and you can do whatever when the car is not there

Last edited by ouafaeha; 07-26-2022 at 07:26 AM..
Appreciate 0