BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-08-2020, 12:25 PM   #1
NR
BMW Ultimate Driving Machine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 xDrive 40i G05

2019 BMW X5 G05 PDC issues - visual alert OK, acoustic alert stopped working

2019 BMW X5 40i xDrive G05 PDC issues (Jul’19 built) - Problem started on Aug 4....when reversing out of my garage... the Surround view Camera display kicks-in and is working fine, shows all the obstacle related warning signs (red bars, zones) but the Acoustic proximity warning tone/beep stopped completely.

Also, Auto activation of the parking cameras/surround view when I approach an area surrounded by obstacles (entering a garage...pulling into a parking spot with cars in either side, etc)...stopped working...now have to press the PDC button to activate the camera and sensors. Before the PDC issues from Aug 4....it used to Auto trigger/activate as soon as I entered the garage.

Have checked all the PDC settings, volume control, and performed software upgrade (11/2019.70) .... but the acoustic warning/beep is still not working. Did anyone come across this issue? What could be the problem?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 03:33 PM   #2
Marty in NY
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 18 GTi, Snowblower

Quote:
Originally Posted by NR View Post
2019 BMW X5 40i xDrive G05 PDC issues (Jul’19 built) - Problem started on Aug 4....when reversing out of my garage... the Surround view Camera display kicks-in and is working fine, shows all the obstacle related warning signs (red bars, zones) but the Acoustic proximity warning tone/beep stopped completely.

Also, Auto activation of the parking cameras/surround view when I approach an area surrounded by obstacles (entering a garage...pulling into a parking spot with cars in either side, etc)...stopped working...now have to press the PDC button to activate the camera and sensors. Before the PDC issues from Aug 4....it used to Auto trigger/activate as soon as I entered the garage.

Have checked all the PDC settings, volume control, and performed software upgrade (11/2019.70) .... but the acoustic warning/beep is still not working. Did anyone come across this issue? What could be the problem?
Did you post this in two different threads? Anyway, have you rebooted iDrive?

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-08-2020, 08:24 PM   #3
NR
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty in NY View Post
Did you post this in two different threads? Anyway, have you rebooted iDrive?

Sorry I am new to Bimmerpost, hence ended up posting twice. I already rebooted the IDrive 7, but Unfortunately no change.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2020, 08:48 PM   #4
BMW FINALLY!
Ultimate Driving Machine!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NR View Post

Hey! This exact thing happened to me when my car was two weeks old last month. I even got a pop up message in my display saying "PDC Malfunction" I took it to the dealer and they found one of the wires was rubbing in the rear bumper and was shorting out. Nothing I did. Mishap during production they said. Even thought the rear bumper is where the problem was, the front stopped working too. Took the whole system out. They had to take my rear bumper off etc to correct the problem. Only took one day to fix. Dropped it off in the morning picked it up in the evening. Hope this helps! Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 09:39 AM   #5
NR
United_States
Rep

Thank you

Thank you for the note. Had my X5 serviced (12 month) and had all firmware updated to latest and greatest ... 7/2020. The auto activation (while entering the garage, warning tones while reversing...outlined in my original post) still not working....BTW I had a loaner 2020 BMW X5...the auto activation while entering the garage was sporadic .... sometimes it auto activated, and sometimes it did not.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2020, 11:01 AM   #6
VTENGR
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

I'm wondering if the sound settings for the PDC have been adjusted causing it not to chirp. I would check that and see if thats the case.

The auto camera only seems to work when you get very close to something. For me when it pops up, I'm already in the yellow/red range - so I think that's within 8 inches of something.
Appreciate 0