E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Charge pipe/bov problem...

05-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #1
Shadow007
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe monaco blue

Question Charge pipe/bov problem...

What's going on everybody?
Well the problems with my car just keep on coming . Yesterday was the G5 upgrade and now this, hell I'm going to go back stock if this s*&^ continues, that seemed like the only time the car ran correctly. Anyways, I have a problem revolving my ETS charge pipe/ Synaspe bov. I just recently noticed that the bov doesn't make the "swoosh" sound any more, it's a more suddle sound as if it's backed up with something, which leads me to a problem that I'm currently having with a low boost error code. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. I've recently sent my log to Terry, so I'm going to see what he comes up with. Has anyone every had this problem with the bov or know a solution to get the sound back?

E85 Z4M
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #2
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow007 View Post
What's going on everybody?
Well the problems with my car just keep on coming . Yesterday was the G5 upgrade and now this, hell I'm going to go back stock if this s*&^ continues, that seemed like the only time the car ran correctly. Anyways, I have a problem revolving my ETS charge pipe/ Synaspe bov. I just recently noticed that the bov doesn't make the "swoosh" sound any more, it's a more suddle sound as if it's backed up with something, which leads me to a problem that I'm currently having with a low boost error code. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. I've recently sent my log to Terry, so I'm going to see what he comes up with. Has anyone every had this problem with the bov or know a solution to get the sound back?
I would tend to doubt the actual BOV has failed, Synapse appear to be pretty well built. You probably have a boost leak, where it is coming from who knows. I'd start with the cold side charge piping, check all the clamps and joining areas, then work your way up to the throttle body and the line from the intake maniforld to the Synapse.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0