03-14-2019, 04:03 PM   #23
rastaman777
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 i8 coupe,2019x5,2019 740i

Great write up and pics.
Thanks very much for the info.
Might be installing my blackvue next week.
Appreciate 1
skalberti614.00
      03-23-2019, 06:07 AM   #24
ATTN
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335 E92 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hchhuor View Post
I use fuse 20 for yellow wire (batt)+ and fuse 53 red wire (acc). But still not working.
so did you get it working yet? did you use the other fuse #63?
      03-23-2019, 09:55 PM   #25
Hchhuor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 LX570

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATTN View Post
Quote:
I use fuse 20 for yellow wire (batt)+ and fuse 53 red wire (acc). But still not working.
so did you get it working yet? did you use the other fuse #63?
Yes I got the dashcam to power but it won't turn off after the locked. I disconnect the magic pro and gave up. I'm looking to buy directly wire with parking mode. I used 27 constant power and 46 acc.
Appreciate 1
bichoo280.50
      04-05-2019, 07:54 PM   #26
Xeno
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport 5.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by skalberti View Post
I had a particular need to mount my R3 radar detector and BlackVue dash cam on a Blendmount mirror mount. Unfortunately Blendmount doesn't make one that holds both. So I made it myself. I ordered the BBV 2030 dash cam mount and the BNR UC2 R3 clip and bolted them together. I was going to do a full write up, but I did this last night and didn't have a chance to take pics. For the rear camera I pulled off the top middle panel around the back glass first, then I removed the small window trim on the passenger side of the rear window. Next I pulled out the passenger side rear speaker cover. Just a few clips hold it in. Then I pulled down the headliner using a panel popper tool to release the two clips. I fished the camera cable through the rear hatch and boot into the car and then fished the cable through a rubber grommet and brought the rear camera cable out by the rear speaker. I ran the rear camera cable along the headliner on the passenger side since it was easy to access by pulling down the door Weatherstripping. I pulled up the threshold plate on the pass. Side front door and then the corner molding to get to the fuse box. I used fuse # 53 for switched power and fuse #20 for constant. There's a ground bolt right there to ground to. Here's a few pics.
Which Blackvue?

Will you get an R7 now?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 07:59 PM   #27
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Mineral White M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
Quote:
I had a particular need to mount my R3 radar detector and BlackVue dash cam on a Blendmount mirror mount. Unfortunately Blendmount doesn't make one that holds both. So I made it myself. I ordered the BBV 2030 dash cam mount and the BNR UC2 R3 clip and bolted them together. I was going to do a full write up, but I did this last night and didn't have a chance to take pics. For the rear camera I pulled off the top middle panel around the back glass first, then I removed the small window trim on the passenger side of the rear window. Next I pulled out the passenger side rear speaker cover. Just a few clips hold it in. Then I pulled down the headliner using a panel popper tool to release the two clips. I fished the camera cable through the rear hatch and boot into the car and then fished the cable through a rubber grommet and brought the rear camera cable out by the rear speaker. I ran the rear camera cable along the headliner on the passenger side since it was easy to access by pulling down the door Weatherstripping. I pulled up the threshold plate on the pass. Side front door and then the corner molding to get to the fuse box. I used fuse # 53 for switched power and fuse #20 for constant. There's a ground bolt right there to ground to. Here's a few pics.
Which Blackvue?

Will you get an R7 now?
I've got the 900s 2 camera system in both cars. No, the R7 is quite a bit bigger and I'm not that hung up on the arrows.
      04-10-2019, 09:51 AM   #28
dbull2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5; 2017 Audi Q7

Garage List
2017 Audi Q7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Still don't know which one to use.
If this doesn't help, you need to take your car to your dealership and have them connect the power for you. There's too many electronics and air bags that can get messed up if you don't know what you're doing.
where is this fuse box? I am looking at mine in the right rear cargo area. doesn't look like this box.

also where are you grounding the power magic box?

Last edited by dbull2; 04-10-2019 at 10:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2019, 10:49 AM   #29
Hchhuor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbull2 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
If this doesn't help, you need to take your car to your dealership and have them connect the power for you. There's too many electronics and air bags that can get messed up if you don't know what you're doing.
where is this fuse box? I am looking at mine in the right rear cargo area. doesn't look like this box.

Right passenger side
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 09:18 AM   #30
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Fuse box is in the right kick panel. There's a bolt right there near the floor that is a good grounding point.
      04-12-2019, 09:13 AM   #31
dbull2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 Audi Q7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Right passenger side
I am trying to hardwire the rear camera in today. how did you get the cable thru the inter gasket under the headliner in order to push it thru the rubber cover between the body and the liftgate? I have it to this point but can go no further.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 10:14 AM   #32
Hchhuor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Right passenger side
I am trying to hardwire the rear camera in today. how did you get the cable thru the inter gasket under the headliner in order to push it thru the rubber cover between the body and the liftgate? I have it to this point but can go no further.
I fold down the second row seat and face to the rear pull down the head liner a little with one left hand use flat plastic tool to push the cable gasket with my right hand which you can see cable go to rear. Gasket move to rear a little. After pull the cable through I push the gasket back to it original position from outside the car. I did on the driver side
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 04:50 PM   #33
dbull2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 Audi Q7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
I fold down the second row seat and face to the rear pull down the head liner a little with one left hand use flat plastic tool to push the cable gasket with my right hand which you can see cable go to rear. Gasket move to rear a little. After pull the cable through I push the gasket back to it original position from outside the car. I did on the driver side
Thanks. That did it. I am rethinking about running the rear camera cable to the floor. I ran it in the headliner by pulling down the door weather seal and putting the cable in the headliner. But I'm thinking that it will interfere with air bag deployment. I think I will re-route to the floor along the door sills.

Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 05:30 PM   #34
Hchhuor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks. That did it. I am rethinking about running the rear camera cable to the floor. I ran it in the headliner by pulling down the door weather seal and putting the cable in the headliner. But I'm thinking that it will interfere with air bag deployment. I think I will re-route to the floor along the door sills.

Any thoughts?
Any way that worn for you. But I have not see anyone did it that way.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 10:28 AM   #35
Xeno
Major
Rep

I ordered my unit this morning and installation is set for Monday and if lucky this Saturday.

The multiple threads here were helpful in sorting out what I hope will work for me.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2019, 01:23 PM   #36
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Any thoughts?
There's no air bags in the headliner, or is there any electrical wires that could cause interference with the camera cable in the headliner. There's tons of wires in the floor however.
      04-16-2019, 02:18 PM   #37
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Blank

Quote:
Quote:

Any thoughts?
There's no air bags in the headliner, nor is there any electrical wires that could cause interference with the camera cable in the headliner. There's tons of wires in the floor however.
      04-16-2019, 08:45 PM   #38
dbull2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 Audi Q7  [0.00]
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
There's no air bags in the headliner, nor is there any electrical wires that could cause interference with the camera cable in the headliner. There's tons of wires in the floor however.
Are you sure? In my X5 there is an airbag over the driver and passenger door and over both doors in the second row. you can see them when you pull the door seal off/down. The owners manual also shows air bags above the doors.

I've talked to the dashcam store guys and they don't believe the wire will interfere with the air bag deployment. So I will probably put the rear camera cable back in the headliner.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2019, 05:09 PM   #39
Xeno
Major
Rep

I have a BM mount for my V1, but would there be enough room to use another BM mount for the BV?

My installer says the BV comes with an adhesive for the windshield which reduces glare so does that look okay in a G05?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2019, 11:48 PM   #40
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have a BM mount for my V1, but would there be enough room to use another BM mount for the BV?

My installer says the BV comes with an adhesive for the windshield which reduces glare so does that look okay in a G05?
You can't attach two BM's to your mirror. I purchased the BV 2030 for the G05 and then bolted my radar mounting clip to the BV 2030. I didn't want anything stuck to the windshield. I've had to re stick the camera on the back window already.
      04-21-2019, 07:25 AM   #41
Xeno
Major
Rep

Quote:
You can't attach two BM's to your mirror. I purchased the BV 2030 for the G05 and then bolted my radar mounting clip to the BV 2030. I didn't want anything stuck to the windshield. I've had to re stick the camera on the back window already.
There is not a national chain that carries this kind of mount, right?

I am scheduled for a 1 pm install on Monday and with another flying trip this week I have few options that work for me at this point.

I looked at BM web and they would charge $100 to early overnight delivery.
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 11:03 AM   #42
bichoo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Take the weather stripping down over the top of your rear passenger door and use your cable grabber to push the wire from the red circle I made in your pic to the gap between your headliner and metal body over the passenger door.
Big thank you for your write up and detailed instructions. I finally managed to get the rear cam hooked up and the wire run the exact same way you did it. It wasn't easy but the clean look is nice!
Appreciate 1
skalberti614.00
      04-21-2019, 01:30 PM   #43
Xeno
Major
Rep

Quote:
I have just viewed a few videos were high end vehicles use the BV clip with the adhesive to the WS.

Is your primary complaint that this does not look as professional as using a BM or your secondary complaint that the rear adhesive has already failed? Has your BM never had any issues or do you routine tighten everything?
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2019, 09:55 PM   #44
skalberti
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I have just viewed a few videos were high end vehicles use the BV clip with the adhesive to the WS.

Is your primary complaint that this does not look as professional as using a BM or your secondary complaint that the rear adhesive has already failed? Has your BM never had any issues or do you routine tighten everything?
The. Blendmount just has a cleaner look to me. Plus I like the fact that I can have my BV and radar stacked neatly together. It's just a personal preference, plus I think you get a little more field of view with the camera not stuck against the windshield . The BM makes adjusting the camera easy too. You could always let your installer install and add the Blendmount later yourself. They're easy to install.