Garage List
ukk How much did it cost?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 09:54 AM   #618
ukk
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 xDrive40i

They charge $975 for the basic ceramic coating on an SUV, and offer a 10% discount for Microsoft Prime card members. In total, it cost me $966 (including tax).

Here are the details of the service: https://www.metropolitandetail.com/cquartz
Appreciate 1
bmwakmg51.00
      10-07-2022, 02:17 PM   #619
nordring
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e28 M5, e34 540 M-Sport

Picked it my week 33 last Friday and everything was great. Love the car!
The very next morning I got in and there was a moderately loud static noise coming from the side speakers. Couldn't get the static-buzzing noise to go way with iDrive reset or restart, etc.
Back to the dealer and turns out I had a bad RAM (receiver audio module) which was one of the components that kept the HK audio out production for a while.
Luckily BMWNA had a replacement in stock, got it overnighted, and I took delivery for the second time this week. Going to do a ceramic coat myself this weekend, and then I'll officially be on the road!

BTW - The week 33 thread seems to have the largest following.....when's the Class Reunion?
Appreciate 2
      10-07-2022, 09:25 PM   #620
Tall Paul
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Nordring, glad you got your car.
Appreciate 1
      10-09-2022, 01:20 PM   #621
Gizmiester888
Private
Rep
Drives: Radpower Rover Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukk View Post
I just got the pics taken by the detail shop after they applied ceramic coating on my car. I went for the base option (1 coat of CQuartz SiC) as this was my first time.

See https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...php?p=29413283 for the pics.
Whoa that looks amazing. If I had the option to get the carbon black, I would have done so. Love the subtle blue color.
Appreciate 1
ukk61.00
      10-09-2022, 01:23 PM   #622
Gizmiester888
Private
Rep
Drives: Radpower Rover Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordring View Post
Picked it my week 33 last Friday and everything was great. Love the car!
The very next morning I got in and there was a moderately loud static noise coming from the side speakers. Couldn't get the static-buzzing noise to go way with iDrive reset or restart, etc.
Back to the dealer and turns out I had a bad RAM (receiver audio module) which was one of the components that kept the HK audio out production for a while.
Luckily BMWNA had a replacement in stock, got it overnighted, and I took delivery for the second time this week. Going to do a ceramic coat myself this weekend, and then I'll officially be on the road!

BTW - The week 33 thread seems to have the largest following.....when's the Class Reunion?
LOL. Good to hear and congrats on getting your car. Class of 33!
Appreciate 1
      10-13-2022, 11:14 AM   #623
Tall Paul
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuprofen600 View Post
I'm also waiting but I'm in Germany so I assume it will still take a while
OK ibuprofen600 - you might be the last week 33 - have you gotten yours yet?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2022, 02:48 PM   #624
RDG80M3X
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 G80X

Quick update for the BW33 reunion: We ended up taking delivery on Saturday 10/1. Right after picking it up we drove straight to the tint shop and had the front windows tinted to match the rears with 15% Formula One Pinnacle film. Since taking delivery two weeks ago we've racked up almost 900 miles driving it down from Santa Maria to LA and then from LA to Vegas and back. Here she is after a giving her a thorough wash and wax this past weekend to get rid of all the bugs! Hope everyone else has been enjoying their vehicles
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
P111572.00
      10-14-2022, 11:25 AM   #625
Tall Paul
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Looks great eggwoll!

I got mine a little before yours and am sitting at 1,200 miles - and enjoying every mile.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2022, 01:56 PM   #626
nordring
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e28 M5, e34 540 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwoll View Post
Quick update for the BW33 reunion: We ended up taking delivery on Saturday 10/1. Right after picking it up we drove straight to the tint shop and had the front windows tinted to match the rears with 15% Formula One Pinnacle film. Since taking delivery two weeks ago we've racked up almost 900 miles driving it down from Santa Maria to LA and then from LA to Vegas and back. Here she is after a giving her a thorough wash and wax this past weekend to get rid of all the bugs! Hope everyone else has been enjoying their vehicles
Congrats!

Did the tint have any effect on your display auto-dimming? I read people having trouble with the auto-dimming on another section of this forum after tinting, but the bmw "genius" at my dealership said he thought the ambient sensor for the display brightness looked at outside, rather than interior light levels?

Last edited by nordring; 10-14-2022 at 02:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2022, 10:51 AM   #627
RDG80M3X
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '23 G80X

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordring View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwoll View Post
Congrats!

Did the tint have any effect on your display auto-dimming? I read people having trouble with the auto-dimming on another section of this forum after tinting, but the bmw "genius" at my dealership said he thought the ambient sensor for the display brightness looked at outside, rather than interior light levels?
I read the same and was hoping it wouldn't but it does have an effect on the dimming of the instrument cluster. It's noticeable but not a deal breaker for us. No problems with it at night but during the day you will see the display dim sporadically. I believe the sensor is inside the vehicle, opening the panoramic roof shade or cracking the windows open seems to help a bit. Personally I can't stand driving a car without tint down here in SoCal, especially during the summer, so the pros outweighed the cons for us..
Appreciate 0