01-10-2022, 03:57 PM   #45
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55JWB View Post
I tried to use this, however it wouldnt click past the "I am not a robot"
Strange, still working for me. Did you press solve captcha below the tick box?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 03:58 PM   #46
Jonathanhh
Rep
Drives: '17 530d Touring, '21 X3 M40i

Quote:
I ordered a 45e in July 2021 just wen with the MSport Pro option so as not to hold up delivery too much. Was told to expect "Early December", that slipped to week 50 and then week 52. Had the call from the dealer just before Christmas to say car went from US direct to Bremerhaven for the "campaign work". As mentioned above I think it was the amp and something to do with the display?

Now cannot get any update from the dealer, they keep telling me "nothing has changed" I keep asking "nothing changed from WHAT"? as currently have no ETA. We are trading our X1 Phev against this and keep asking if our agreed price will be honored, they are saying yes at the moment.

From the comments in this thread I can see this slipping to late Feb at this rate. I am away for the last 10 days of February so may as well wait for a 22 plate!
Bingo that's what I get every week 'nothing's changed'. Difference between you and the guys above and me is that I haven't had the call about the car going to Germany. If I call BMW cust service they say I'll have it first week of march but they cant confirm if its actually been built yet. Shocking. The dealer says its gone back to 111 status with no production date but i'm beginning to think thats just a cover up for what you say above about finishing them in Germany.

BTW definitely wait for the 22 plate
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 04:26 PM   #47
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanhh View Post
Yeah that never worked for me either, even on a car i already own. I dont have a VIN for the new one yet as it hasnt been made to my knowledge
Do you have a screenshot from the dealer showing the status? I got mine from there.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 04:52 PM   #48
Jonathanhh
Rep

Yes I do but the VIN is blank
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 10:22 AM   #49
55JWB
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo28 View Post
Strange, still working for me. Did you press solve captcha below the tick box?
Yes, tick the box and click "solve catcha" and nothing, more than a few clicks and I got a message you have used too many times come back tomorrow...
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2022, 04:09 PM   #50
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Yes, tick the box and click "solve catcha" and nothing, more than a few clicks and I got a message you have used too many times come back tomorrow...
I can try for you if you like? Appreciate you might not want to give your VIN out though.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2022, 08:55 AM   #51
ColC
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

I had a Mini Cooper S on order and it just finished assembley yesterday. Ordered it in July with the X5. The mini went from 111 and 112 and back again a couple of times before it finally went to 150. 112 is when they order in all the parts for production, 150 is when they start the body shell and start assembly. It cant go backwards from there.

I thought the X5 was going to come first as it finished its assembly on Nov 18th. Got to Bremerhaven on the 22nd. and its been sat there waiting for the RAM module and something else. VIN number they gave me checks out, it has all the options i specced.

I think 4 Months for a UK order was the norm before covid. Im currently on 6 months and waiting.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 03:28 AM   #52
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColC View Post
I emailed the dealer and apparently all X5s are stopped in Germany awaiting amps and or semiconductor parts being fitted. Its been delay after delay. Was meant to get it before new years and now its just taking the biscuit!

Im not UK but Ireland so I guess a similar route as you guys. I ordered late October was told car is in transit 4th Jan to Bremerhaven then will be shipped to Zeebrugge no AMP issue with mine although SA can tell me it does need 1 software update which they will do pre-delivery, he checked and no deletions on it other than HK sound system and wireless charging is back on this was taken off when I ordered but has since been included....

so expecting it in next 3 weeks or so
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 03:43 AM   #53
Drmsa
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeryb@ View Post
Quote:
I emailed the dealer and apparently all X5s are stopped in Germany awaiting amps and or semiconductor parts being fitted. Its been delay after delay. Was meant to get it before new years and now its just taking the biscuit!

Im not UK but Ireland so I guess a similar route as you guys. I ordered late October was told car is in transit 4th Jan to Bremerhaven then will be shipped to Zeebrugge no AMP issue with mine although SA can tell me it does need 1 software update which they will do pre-delivery, he checked and no deletions on it other than HK sound system and wireless charging is back on this was taken off when I ordered but has since been included....

so expecting it in next 3 weeks or so
Does anyone know if we get the Digital key as a standard with all X5s in UK?

I am well aware that many people done like it as bulky and slow. Just curious to know if one has to pay extra for it?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 03:49 AM   #54
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
I emailed the dealer and aparently all X5s are stopped in Germany awaiting amps and or semiconductor parts being fitted. Its been delay after delay. Was meant to get it before new years and now its just taking the biscuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drmsa View Post
Does anyone know if we get the Digital key as a standard with all X5s in UK?

I am well aware that many people done like it as bulky and slow. Just curious to know if one has to pay extra for it?

Thanks
not sure about UK but for IRE you only get it with the Comfort Pack... I didn't opt for it.... went for the MSportPro with M Seats instead
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 04:00 AM   #55
Dave63
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
Im keen to see if mine will have the air suspension.

UK order in May 2021, due Sep 1st. They told me in August they made a mistake at BMW and cancelled it so they ordered again in the last week of August 2021, due Nov 2021, then slipped to 'Mid Jan 2022'.

On the plus side, from Sep 2021 they gave me a fully free and insured 530E Hybrid in a high spec, so they can take as long as they want to deliver my X5, I've been saving a fortune.
Been told it'll arrive in the UK in 2-3 weeks, so I'd imagine I'll have it in about a month and will find out. They said they couldn't give out any more details on spec or the VIN.

Interesting looking at order date / delivery dates above. Mine was ordered in September and due end of Jan, seems a fair few are having quicker processes than this. Saying that, they can take along as they want given the free 530e.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 09:31 AM   #56
Jonathanhh
Rep

Well some may be quicker but not mine. I ordered in July and had a similar experience of due Nov 21, but then got bumped to Jan, then March. Currently have no fixed production date. What was the spec of your ordered car? Just wish I could understand whats holding mine up.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 11:33 AM   #57
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep

Mine was ordered June and was due September 21. Still waiting

I am going to ring them tomorrow and say I will wait until March for a 22 plate. If they even get it before March that is.

A ship is due from Bremerhaven on the 18th. It might be on there
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 12:17 PM   #58
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave63 View Post
Been told it'll arrive in the UK in 2-3 weeks, so I'd imagine I'll have it in about a month and will find out. They said they couldn't give out any more details on spec or the VIN.

Interesting looking at order date / delivery dates above. Mine was ordered in September and due end of Jan, seems a fair few are having quicker processes than this. Saying that, they can take along as they want given the free 530e.
I ordered start of Nov but my dealer had a build slot for week 43 which he altered (this got ended up getting delayed to week 48) ....anyway car was built and shipped from factory on 4th Jan

I rang BMW UK, they can tell you the last update i.e. when your car left the factory if you have that date you can generally figure out what boat it may be on looking here https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/schedules as you can see all the boats leaving Charlestown to Bremerhaven

and allow an additional week to ship from Bremerhaven or Zeebrugge depending on when your car will come in from ... mine will be Zeebrigge as I am in Ireland
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 12:28 PM   #59
Jonathanhh
Rep

Every time I ring them they say mine hasnt been produced yet, so no VIN or any other details.
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 12:50 PM   #60
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Every time I ring them they say mine hasnt been produced yet, so no VIN or any other details.
Did your dealer give you a production number and production week?

My Spec
45e
MSportPro
Artic Grey
Pan Roof
MSport Seats
22 inch 742 wheels
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2022, 04:38 PM   #61
Jonathanhh
Rep

Yep back in july when I ordered I got a production number and a build week of 44 2021. Then it came and went - no production. Still have the same production number, but build is now shown as wk 10 2022, but status back to 111 which means production not schedued. I ordered a 40d with pretty much every por pack and audio upgrade so vehicle would be great when and if i ever get it!
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 03:10 AM   #62
Dave63
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Well some may be quicker but not mine. I ordered in July and had a similar experience of due Nov 21, but then got bumped to Jan, then March. Currently have no fixed production date. What was the spec of your ordered car? Just wish I could understand whats holding mine up.
X5 30d, Pro pack. I was told at the time I couldn't have the HK so frustratingly couldn't spec that.

What spec have you ordered? EDIT - just realised you've commented above and ordered with all the bells and whistles.Maybe that has contributed.

Mine was actually ordered May'21, due Sep'21 until they told me the week before they'd accidentally cancelled it so had to reorder again in the first week of September as a 'high priority order'. So in reality, they sold the car to someone else and just re-ordered another in the same way as any other car, but I've managed a free car out of it so I'm happy.
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 11:18 AM   #63
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep

Got in touch with the dealer. Still no further updates so I said I'll collect it in March on a 22 plate. Another countdown begins!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 04:23 AM   #64
55JWB
Rep

If anyone gets any updates about vehicles currently in Bremerhaven please can they post in here... .

As with other comments above I have now said to my dealer dont want it registered or delivered until 1st March now regardless. We are trading an X1 Phev against the incoming X5, Insurance is due 21st Feb, I have said I dont want to re-insure and they can take it then as away after that until 1st March anyway... I havent had any feedback from my dealership who I have been buying cars from for the last 15 years. Dealing with the same person for most of that... He is embarrassed to take my calls at the moment and calls me from his mobile rather than the recorded dealership number
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 05:34 AM   #65
sophd80
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 225XE, X5 45, Aston V8

I ordered an X5 45E back in Aug 21 which was brought forward for delivery from Dec to Oct then pushed back to March 22, I'm now told end of Feb and it was in 150 on Dec 14th, it's now "produced" according to the "genius" and due for arrival early Feb, where and what that means I'm not sure.

My dealer is being very poor due to the fact I got a heavy discount and I think they'd rather not sell it to me, it's fully optioned bar rear entertainment and the laser lights, I did the Bowers and Wilkins to bypass the Harmon delete and I'm not really bothered about the wireless charging pad removal but I have said to my dealer if there are any surprise deletions I'm not accepting it, last time we spoke early Jan he said there were no other deletions marked on the build.

I've also said I'll wait till March 1st to register regardless of when it lands too but will update when I have more info.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2022, 06:06 AM   #66
BillyShakes
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320d, G05 40d

Hey (sorry for the essay but going this helps),

So summary of my journey for those who haven't seen my posts way up this chain.

- ordered X5 40d M Sport in July 2021
- was told would be able to collect week 50
- in week 48 pick-up got moved to week 52
- in week 49 it got moved to "by 7th Jan 22

On 7th Jan after numerous emails and calls to my dealer to confirm I could collect I eventually got told that it was being held at Bremerhaven Port as it required a new Amp fitted. The "campaign" to fit these amps would be completed at the docks "any day now", it would then be shipped to the UK which takes 36 hours and would then be another 2-5 days for the car to be unloaded and delivered to the dealer. So they estimated week 3 or 4 of Jan.

My SA has, in his defence, become more proactive with updates after I expressed my frustration at the lack of proactiveness from them and lack of any tangible info.

I got another update Thursday 13th saying the following:

"I've been asking around today and made some calls, however the only people in the logistics teams you can speak to are the coordinators that plan the movements of the transporters carrying the cars. They, however, only have control when the cars are on the trucks, no one seems to know how I can get in touch with the scheduling team that are responsible for carrying out the quality enhancements. I then spoke to the senior management guys here and they said we have around 10+ other cars we're trying to get out with the same issue. They have advised me all we can do it wait and keep monitoring the system for updates."

So another week with zero progress... I too will be requesting the registration be held off now until 1st March. As one mentioned above.. let the countdown begin (again!)

Hope this helps peeps.
Appreciate 0