02-14-2024, 05:42 AM   #1
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 40i xDrive

Remote Camera Fault

Hi all,

The remote camera function on my UK 2022 X5 40i has stopped working correctly. When I go onto the app on my phone and start the remote camera function it just stays on the 'waking up my vehicle' screen and doesn't go any further.

The app on my phone is up to date as are the apps on the iDrive.

Would it be worth doing an iDrive reset?

I've never done an iDrive reset before, how do I do it (engine off or running etc, etc) and more importantly will I lose any of my settings.

Regards, Chris.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 05:48 AM   #2
Rob_G77
Major
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Check other connected services like honking the horn or locking/unlocking the doors. Does remote start still work?

Rob
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 06:52 AM   #3
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by malvern_man View Post
Hi all,

The remote camera function on my UK 2022 X5 40i has stopped working correctly. When I go onto the app on my phone and start the remote camera function it just stays on the 'waking up my vehicle' screen and doesn't go any further.

The app on my phone is up to date as are the apps on the iDrive.

Would it be worth doing an iDrive reset?

I've never done an iDrive reset before, how do I do it (engine off or running etc, etc) and more importantly will I lose any of my settings.

Regards, Chris.
confirm your ConnectedDrive subscription is still active, if applicable in the UK.

as mentioned, do other remote functions work? if not, either ConnectedDrive subscription is expired (if applicable) or could be a server disconnection either on BMW’s side or the vehicle’s side. if on BMW’s side, then it could just be a waiting game. you can call them to report/inquire. if on vehicle’s side, then a telematics reboot could reestablish connection**

**hold down radio VOL button through 3 consecutive iDrive reboots. best to do when in the drive-ready state or actually driving for better visual confirmation of the reboots. you can let go of the button upon seeing the third reboot

please report back

FYI, an iDrive reboot is similar to the above procedure but only 1 reboot. you do not lose any settings. this is often my very first step when troubleshooting as it’s harmless
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 07:44 AM   #4
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_G77 View Post
Check other connected services like honking the horn or locking/unlocking the doors. Does remote start still work?

Rob
Hi,

My Android app only has locking/unlocking the doors and turning on the lights, non of these functions are working.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 07:47 AM   #5
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
confirm your ConnectedDrive subscription is still active, if applicable in the UK.

as mentioned, do other remote functions work? if not, either ConnectedDrive subscription is expired (if applicable) or could be a server disconnection either on BMW’s side or the vehicle’s side. if on BMW’s side, then it could just be a waiting game. you can call them to report/inquire. if on vehicle’s side, then a telematics reboot could reestablish connection**

**hold down radio VOL button through 3 consecutive iDrive reboots. best to do when in the drive-ready state or actually driving for better visual confirmation of the reboots. you can let go of the button upon seeing the third reboot

please report back

FYI, an iDrive reboot is similar to the above procedure but only 1 reboot. you do not lose any settings. this is often my very first step when troubleshooting as it’s harmless
Hi,

My subscription is active until July 2025.

I'll try the reboot and report back.

Is the iDrive reboot with the engine on or off?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2024, 08:12 AM   #6
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by malvern_man View Post
My Android app only has locking/unlocking the doors and turning on the lights, non of these functions are working.

My subscription is active until July 2025.

I'll try the reboot and report back.

Is the iDrive reboot with the engine on or off?
either reboot procedure can be accomplished with engine off or on, but I find them easier to confirm with engine on. remember, iDrive and telematics reboots are different and accomplish different things. your issue will likely be resolved by a telematics reboot but go ahead and reboot iDrive if so inclined
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 08:30 AM   #7
malvern_man
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
either reboot procedures can be accomplished with engine off or on, but I find them easier to confirm with engine on. remember, iDrive and telematics reboots are different and accomplish different things. your issue will likely be resolved by a telematics reboot but go auras and reboot iDrive if so inclined
The iDrive reboot seems to have cured the remote camera fault. I've not tried the door locking/unlocking feature on my phone app yet (I forgot)

Thanks all for the advice and info.
Appreciate 1
nZtiZia4714.50