1Mors
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 xdrive40i msport

Garage List
How to fix orientation on your PHOTOS

Hey Gang,

I see many pictures posted on this site that are completely disoriented such as a portrait mode picture postings as landscape etc.. making your car stand on it's head

To fix this is pretty easy. For windows users you would do the step below. There are equivalent programs for Mac's too.

Open the your picture in the program called Photo - It comes with Windows and is very simple.

it will load your picture and you can swing it's orientation 90 degrees at a time by clicking the icon I outlined in YELLOW. Once you moved your picture into the right orientation just exit the program and it saves the photo automatically all fixed up. Sorry I just grabbed the first pic I saw. I have been meaning to do this for a while Hope it helps. This picture shows fixed but it started out with the roof on the left side and the front end of the car pointing towards the bottom. Awesome car BTW
Attached Images

Last edited by 1Mors; 08-24-2022 at 07:57 PM..
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2022, 06:04 PM   #2
1Mors
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 X5 xdrive40i msport

Garage List
Maybe this should be sticky post. I still see a lot of people who need it.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2022, 09:01 PM   #3
Blue87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 X5 M50i, 05 S2000

Not sure about anyone else, but I typically do not search forums on my laptop etc., but am mostly on my phone or tablet (just too busy work, kids). If your phone has motion photo, where it takes a bunch of single photos to give both a short video clip or a single shot, then you either have to, 1. take pics in horizontal orientation or 2. (For portrait shots) go into the short video clip, then select the photo you want...Samsung calls it "quick crop". That's what's I've found; has something to do with how the phone stores the file and the forum software doesn't correct the orientation.

Last edited by Blue87; 09-06-2022 at 12:53 AM..
Appreciate 0