BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

05-12-2020, 09:33 AM   #1
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Password Issue

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked...but i couldnt find the thread. Since i updated to 03/2020.30, iDrive constantly asks for me to enter my password. I entered it a couple times, but now just hit the home button without an issue. Is this a known issue? I tried to contact BMWNA, but the line dropped when they transferred me to an expert (conveniently). It's constantly asking, and getting annoying. I tried to delete my profile and start again, but it still pops up. I would say it happens about 90% of the time. Thanks, and stay safe out there!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2020, 11:16 PM   #2
kkratochvil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW, X6, M50i

I've only had my G06 since 3/28, but I entered my CD password at the dealership that day and haven't had to enter it (or had any problems) since. I'm running 11/2019.55.

I remembered one thread that had some similarity...note TurtleBoy 's post: https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...assword+idrive.

Hope that helps...nothing more annoying than when the technology aspects aren't working as expected or worse yet, inconsistently.
Appreciate 1
      05-15-2020, 09:59 AM   #3
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

kkratochvil thanks for the link. i can get it to go away just hitting the idrive knob to the left. it works, but i wonder if there's a bigger issue with connected drive and communicating. I've given up on new apps and RSU, so at this point...it's just a nuisance. thanks again.
Appreciate 0