BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

04-20-2008, 01:38 AM   #23
jonzilla23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 Titanium Silver

Today I just had a couple of runs on surface streets against my friends IS-350. As far as I know, his IS is completely stock. I on the other hand just h ave a turbo tuner. Everything else is compeletly stock. We basically lined up on a stop light and we both leave transaction control on and I go into DS mode and put it on 1st gear. We decided to race up to 60 mph cuz we didn't want to get owned by the popo. The verdict, by the time I hit 60 mph I was up only 2 car lengths ahead of him. I'm pretty sure if we kept going, I would have pulled away farther from him. But i'm still pretty surprsied, the IS is pretty fast and he kept up with me pretty well through 1st gear.

I seriously thought SSTT would be faster than that, but part of the reason I guess is that stock Bridgestone Runflats suck! I have about 3000 miles on them, and I'm losing grip left and right by flooring it. Just my 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 02:16 PM   #24
jlspeed29
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 SO ZCP CCB

Garage List
2008 335 coupe  [8.00]
cant wait to make an example of an IS350 when my E92 finally gets here!!!!
      04-20-2008, 04:15 PM   #25
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzilla23 View Post
Today I just had a couple of runs on surface streets against my friends IS-350. As far as I know, his IS is completely stock. I on the other hand just h ave a turbo tuner. Everything else is compeletly stock. We basically lined up on a stop light and we both leave transaction control on and I go into DS mode and put it on 1st gear. We decided to race up to 60 mph cuz we didn't want to get owned by the popo. The verdict, by the time I hit 60 mph I was up only 2 car lengths ahead of him. I'm pretty sure if we kept going, I would have pulled away farther from him. But i'm still pretty surprsied, the IS is pretty fast and he kept up with me pretty well through 1st gear.

I seriously thought SSTT would be faster than that, but part of the reason I guess is that stock Bridgestone Runflats suck! I have about 3000 miles on them, and I'm losing grip left and right by flooring it. Just my 2 cents.

by 60mph being 2 car lengths ahead is alot.. i think you are misunderstanding exactly what a 60mph race is. i was able to keep up with a m5 to 60mph.

60mph race isnt anything. if it helps i kept up with a PROCEDE v2 with downpipes and ps2 tires to 60mph. lol

when i first got my SSTT and raced my friend, by 100mph i was about 5 cars ahead if not 6.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #26
McLuVan
Lieutenant General
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: ///M3

lol
at first i thought u meant u smoked his tail lights
haha