BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

03-29-2024, 09:20 AM   #1
peteryu1131
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 xDrive40i

Exclamation ista+ programming aborted, is my car bricked?

Hey friends, I think I messed up something. Today I was programming my G05 in ISTA+. Things were going ok but windows update popped up. I wanted to postpone it but ACCIDENTALLY CLICKED RESTART. ISTA quit immediately while programming was in progress. I opened ISTA again but now it can't connect to the car. There are a lot of error codes I attached screenshots. The headunit is blue screen, and hazard light is on. The buttons around the round joystick are also flashing.

Have any suggestions? Or should I have it towed to a BMW shop? Appreciate any help you can provide.

Many thanks.

Error codes:
View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2024, 08:35 AM   #2
mikekay
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport

Is it under warranty? I hate to suggest this because its not fair to the BMW Techs but if you are really friendly with your bmw dealer maybe you could claim ignorance without admitting fault?

I think this will require a direct ECU flash, it sucks that BMW in this case doesn't have like a safe mode or flashmode. Or does it? I would imagine something similiar to a motherboard BIOS flash gone wrong, there is a fail safe.
Appreciate 0