BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-02-2022, 01:52 PM   #265
chefwong
Major
Rep
Drives: X5

Wishful thinking but my build would be puuuurfect if 2Axle Air was a option to tick off.

As of today, Trailer Hitch is not a option available

Last edited by chefwong; 06-02-2022 at 03:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 04:13 PM   #266
X5Muck
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 x45e

Week 23 45e HAS Power Lower Lift Gate

I called Genius today and found out I'm on the assembly line (he said because I have a VIN? Not sure if that is right?) and that he sees NO deletions or replacements. This supports the idea that the manual lower lift gate ended with week 21/22 builds. Enjoy! (the waiting is hard :-))
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 04:16 PM   #267
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5Muck View Post
I called Genius today and found out I'm on the assembly line (he said because I have a VIN? Not sure if that is right?) and that he sees NO deletions or replacements. This supports the idea that the manual lower lift gate ended with week 21/22 builds. Enjoy! (the waiting is hard :-))
You get a VIN when you go to the Production Begins status. This does not mean that the assembly has started but rather that the parts have been ordered/allocated.
      06-02-2022, 04:33 PM   #268
chefwong
Major
Rep

I was working up a build. Can confirm lower is back, as there is not the $150 credit. Sadly, the tow is NLA
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 05:35 PM   #269
chefwong
Major
Rep

Reading older threads. If no kick sensor credit is shown, does that mean kick sensor will be on the build ?
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 06:00 PM   #270
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chefwong View Post
Wishful thinking but my build would be puuuurfect if 2Axle Air was a option to tick off.

As of today, Trailer Hitch is not a option available
you would've got it if you chose the 45e
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 06:05 PM   #271
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I was working up a build. Can confirm lower is back, as there is not the $150 credit. Sadly, the tow is NLA
your CA may be able to add the tow hitch manually to your order as has been done in the past despite it not showing in the online configurator

Quote:
Reading older threads. If no kick sensor credit is shown, does that mean kick sensor will be on the build ?
was there a time the kick-to-open sensor was deleted? I don't recall this feature has ever been deleted in the last two years. don't confuse removal of the kick sensor when optioning the tow hitch; that's not a deletion but a feature requirement (in the U.S. only) so therefore, no credit is allotted
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 06:11 PM   #272
chefwong
Major
Rep

When we speak online configurator, we speaking about front end web that I see under *build your own. I have a build/production sheet based on a allocation he had and modified and when he was adjusting, that's when he called to tell me no tow.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 06:23 PM   #273
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
When we speak online configurator, we speaking about front end web that I see under *build your own. I have a build/production sheet based on a allocation he had and modified and when he was adjusting, that's when he called to tell me no tow.
some CAs aren't aware they can manually add some items to an order. If the tow is important to you, it's worth it to inquire and see/test his level of knowledge.
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 06:29 PM   #274
chefwong
Major
Rep

Thank you. Very helpful. On the verbiage...when I ask, is it a different system-platform that said CA should be trying to add this...
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 06:54 PM   #275
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thank you. Very helpful. On the verbiage...when I ask, is it a different system-platform that said CA should be trying to add this...
l believe it's the same but likely a 'hidden' or unknown ability to some
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 08:29 PM   #276
chefwong
Major
Rep

Thread bump as I'm on page 3 of this thread researching

So if I watch the site like a hawk and if I see a *deleted item* on the website *in this case, tow hitch*, then I just to catch it before it hits 150 right ? And it seems like based on this thread, it has it's ebbs and flows. How did someone know that week 22 and onward, the automatic tailgate was coming back ? Just to understand if there is a ETA knowing when a deleted item may come back
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2022, 10:12 PM   #277
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thread bump as I'm on page 3 of this thread researching

So if I watch the site like a hawk and if I see a *deleted item* on the website *in this case, tow hitch*, then I just to catch it before it hits 150 right ? And it seems like based on this thread, it has it's ebbs and flows. How did someone know that week 22 and onward, the automatic tailgate was coming back ? Just to understand if there is a ETA knowing when a deleted item may come back
1) correct, you can make changes to your order before your status hits 150.
2) note that ordering and allocation have a mixed interplay with the timing of things ("ebbs and flows" as you called it). some people originally had the delete code but then it disappeared while others never had the delete code to begin with. week 22 was determined to be when the motorized lower tailgate returned because several people whose status changed to 150 for production at week 22 reported they didn't see the delete code on their build sheets (it disappeared for some who had it before or never appeared at all for others…again, due to order vs allocation timing).

this is just a determination based on timing of verbal reports, though (a hypothesis, if you will). now we're waiting for those builds to get out to their owners who can then report back to us here in the forum and confirm or deny the "week 22 return of the motorized lower tailgate" theory
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 10:19 PM   #278
jpaschal01
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, Jeep Wrangler, GMC Sie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nZtiZia View Post
Quote:
your CA may be able to add the tow hitch manually to your order as has been done in the past despite it not showing in the online configurator

Quote:
was there a time the kick-to-open sensor was deleted? I don't recall this feature has ever been deleted in the last two years. don't confuse removal of the kick sensor when optioning the tow hitch; that's not a deletion but a feature requirement (in the U.S. only) so therefore, no credit is allotted
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
My salesman told me today that tow hitch and cooled seats are gone for the balance of the 2022 calendar year!
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2022, 10:47 PM   #279
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpaschal01 View Post
My salesman told me today that tow hitch and cooled seats are gone for the balance of the 2022 calendar year!
after what I've been reading, it sounds like tow hitch really is no longer available regardless of "inside" technique
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2022, 09:52 AM   #280
Eyezlee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 X5 M50i | 18 Ford Raptor |

I've had my M50i since 5/20 and honestly in the few weeks I've owned it, the manual lower tailgate is how I'd order it if I had an option anyway.

IF it was auto, I'd code it off so, the feature would only be used on close for me.

I like that I can choose to open it vs auto open and its so well balanced that you can close it one handed and then use kick to close and walk away.
Appreciate 1
DonKeedic180.50
      06-05-2022, 10:27 AM   #281
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyezlee View Post
I've had my M50i since 5/20 and honestly in the few weeks I've owned it, the manual lower tailgate is how I'd order it if I had an option anyway.

IF it was auto, I'd code it off so, the feature would only be used on close for me.

I like that I can choose to open it vs auto open and its so well balanced that you can close it one handed and then use kick to close and walk away.
you won't be able to close with the kick… cuz you coded it 'off'
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 10:30 AM   #282
CyberBear
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

I have the manual lower gate with a week 18 build and I prefer it. Things would just fall out if it is against that bottom area. I was originally disappointed about the removal but I'm glad it worked out the way it did.
DonKeedic180.50
      06-06-2022, 11:16 AM   #283
eelnoraa
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5

This is not how auto lower tail gate works. With auto, you can can set such that any methods you open the trunk (switch inside car, key, kick sensor, etc), only the upper tail gate open. When both upper and lowers are open, both will close automatically in synchronization.

With manual tail gate, you have to open and close the lower part manually. The open part maybe preferred by many. I doubt anyone will prefer the manual closure. The only benefit I can think of with manual tail gate is maybe I can close the upper and leave the lower open in case I need to carry very long items.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 11:26 AM   #284
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eelnoraa View Post
This is not how auto lower tail gate works. With auto, you can can set such that any methods you open the trunk (switch inside car, key, kick sensor, etc), only the upper tail gate open. When both upper and lowers are open, both will close automatically in synchronization.

With manual tail gate, you have to open and close the lower part manually. The open part maybe preferred by many. I doubt anyone will prefer the manual closure. The only benefit I can think of with manual tail gate is maybe I can close the upper and leave the lower open in case I need to carry very long items.
I thought they blocked leaving the lower half open and closing the upper, someone who has it can hopefully test and report.
drk920.00
      06-06-2022, 01:22 PM   #285
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
i recall someone with manual lower tailgate stated when trying to close the upper tailgate, he was prompted to close the lower tailgate first
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2022, 03:47 PM   #286
andrewX3M40d
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Quote:
i recall someone with manual lower tailgate stated when trying to close the upper tailgate, he was prompted to close the lower tailgate first
I have the manual lower tail gate and that's exactly how it works. As others have said above I was disappointed at first but now I have it I actually prefer how it works.
Appreciate 1
Eyezlee36.00