BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-12-2020, 07:39 AM   #1
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Idrive issues

I have some issues with Idrive 7. I have an iPhone X connected through Idrive, not CarPlay. Latest software on x5 and iPhone.

I don't use CarPlay because if I do I can't chose my contacts for navigation in Idrive and Google maps and Ways don't display in the HUD. I prefer Idrive for music because of the way it handles playlists.

In Idrive 6, I was able to search POI online. I would chose POI, online search and just entered the first letters of the name of the restaurant, shop, zoo ... and idrive would give me the address and I could choose it for navigation. I don't see that option anymore. I always have to select the category. For restaurant that's ok but not for stores, hockeyfields, ... Am I doing something wrong or missing something?

In Idrive when I chose a playlist some only show 3 of 25 tracks. In CarPlay however it does shows all tracks. This happens with apple play lists I downloaded with Apple Music. They are downloaded on my phone, not streaming. I have one playlist with 50 favorites that I downloaded separately and these show up without problem both in idrive and CarPlay.

And I would like to have Siri back on the steering wheel button. But that has been addressed a lot before.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 09:28 AM   #2
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

And to make it even more complex. I just started a song from a playlist on
my iPhone. I plays on Idrive, doesn't show in the main display but does in the HUD.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2020, 12:50 PM   #3
claykin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: various BMW

What happens if you ask the BMW voice command for directions? I. E. "Directions to Home depot" , for example? In my iDrive 6 car it works great 95% of the time. Shows me a list of close by home depot stores and off I go using bmw navigation. Should work similarly in iDrive7. I'd hope!
      01-13-2020, 02:38 PM   #4
X5 45e
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
What happens if you ask the BMW voice command for directions? I. E. "Directions to Home depot" , for example? In my iDrive 6 car it works great 95% of the time. Shows me a list of close by home depot stores and off I go using bmw navigation. Should work similarly in iDrive7. I'd hope!
Thanks for the answer. Unfortunately it didn't work. I found the solutions however. Open navigation and the first menu item is search. Click it and start typing without choosing a POI category and is gives the best matching results. It worked with a store, sportclub and restaurant.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2020, 01:20 AM   #5
jorgegeorgia
Registered
Rep
Drives: minif56

play music in car with usb connection

How about listening to music with USB connection? Before that, I have tried to play the songs via Bluetooth. But it seems that Apple Music always pauses when I played songs. Maybe it results from distance limitations. My friends once told me that I could convert the songs and transfer them to other devices. Then connect to my car using USB cable. Make sure to choose the right input plug and port. I have chosen one of the Apple Music Converter on Google and convert my songs to mp3. Now the songs are saved on my mp3 player. Every time I just connect my mp3 player to my car with USB connector and feel free to enjoy my loved songs.

Last edited by jorgegeorgia; 11-03-2020 at 09:27 PM..
Appreciate 0