BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

07-29-2020, 07:13 AM   #45
jeet
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Hi ifr,

I am very close with TLA I have enabled and is active in iDrive, but the only thing missing is it doesn't shows up or doesn't gives an option to manually stop at red light.

It might be something specific to the country code please can you assist with this.

Thanks
Jeet
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 09:32 AM   #46
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tesla MY LR AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeet View Post
Hi ifr,

I am very close with TLA I have enabled and is active in iDrive, but the only thing missing is it doesn't shows up or doesn't gives an option to manually stop at red light.

It might be something specific to the country code please can you assist with this.

Thanks
Jeet
https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=44
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 11:54 PM   #47
FreddyBMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 40i iSTEP 07/2020.54

Lol. I like it. Even if the codes get PUBLIC, only 20% of this forum owners would be able to take advantage of the Autonomy!

Looking deeper into it, its actually a pretty creepy and dangerous info to be released. All conditional aspects may appear to be questioning to it later in case of a loss/accident.

I think Tesla is pretty good on it (as of now) because there is no Esys(x) things exist for it. Tesla owners are pretty much over on to the mercy of what Tesla releases for them.

All I can say is, "Be careful guys!" I know these BMers are expensive but not worth more than your lives!

Program Responsibly!

EDIT: 20% owners above roughly because most of us don't know or do not have ESYSX Setup or the courage/knowledge to work with it.

Last edited by FreddyBMW; 07-30-2020 at 09:31 AM..
Appreciate 4
ifr1196.50
marcosg24.50
      07-31-2020, 07:38 AM   #48
Pakoris
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3 2010 E90

Hi Ifr,

What software and the OBD2 connector needed for this coding?

Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 08:08 AM   #49
mij
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifr View Post
Please be advised I will not be publishing any new codes for TLA until:

3) the coding has been thoroughly tested across various regions so we understand the constraints and behaviour
Hi ifr,
I would be happy to test the TLA for region Germany (07/20 g20, latest esysx and PSdZData).
I'm working in software development for another German car brand and am trained to and regularly drive pre-production cars, so I know what to expect and how to test with unreleased features.
So if you are interested, feel free to shoot me a PM (can also send you proof there), if you still feel not comfortable to share the coding then thats also fine, I just wanted to offer.
Appreciate 1
      08-31-2020, 01:49 PM   #50
jan.muc
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340ix

I would also try to test this on my german m340i running 03/2020.
All UI-features are fully integrated. Seems like some SAS2-Codes is missing.

Esys with Launcher 3.

Best regards
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 09:54 AM   #51
JonG67
Rep
Drives: BMW

Did you code the "no over taking at the left" - I don't get that option in the menus and can't find the codes anywhere to enable it. Its something my previous car (different make) had and was relatively useful, a gentle accelerator prod allowed you to pass.

I've added the lane change assist as that wasn't turned on either which works fine but as I'm still on a 2019/11 version of code I can't much else until I get the Nov update. TIA
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2020, 10:06 AM   #52
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonG67 View Post
Did you code the "no over taking at the left" - I don't get that option in the menus and can't find the codes anywhere to enable it. Its something my previous car (different make) had and was relatively useful, a gentle accelerator prod allowed you to pass.

I've added the lane change assist as that wasn't turned on either which works fine but as I'm still on a 2019/11 version of code I can't much else until I get the Nov update. TIA
Yes and turned it off. Works too well and is frustrating when you have people sitting in the middle or outside lanes.

You'll need istep 07/2020
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 05:36 AM   #53
RexDong
China
Rep
Drives: BMW G20

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonG67 View Post

Yes and turned it off. Works too well and is frustrating when you have people sitting in the middle or outside lanes.

You'll need istep 07/2020
Hello,ifr
I am very happy to tell you that the traffic light assistant has succeeded in China, but the recognition rate may be problematic
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 06:16 AM   #54
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RexDong View Post
Hello,ifr
I am very happy to tell you that the traffic light assistant has succeeded in China, but the recognition rate may be problematic
Thanks for confirming and good news that the coding works.

Over to BMW to improve the capability once officially released on a region by region basis
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 07:20 PM   #55
Saunders17283
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M850xi Gran Coupe

Garage List
Okay...after some extremely gracious help from ifr, I was able to get up and running. For me, eSysX being out of date was the issue so when you code this, you NEED to be on the very latest eSysX version like ifr says.

With that said, I was able to code all functions and will road test tomorrow.

Previous Rides
2019 X7 / 2018 X5 / 2012 X5 / 2014 750xi / 2011 750Lxi / 2008 335xi
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2020, 09:16 PM   #56
mandomedic122
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5M G05, Mini 2016 S

I have yet to get TLA to work. I have coded everything, updated my EsysX, upgraded my psdzdata files to the latest, and yet it does nothing. I can see the Traffic Light Assistant on the iDrive and can select it within aSLA in idrive, but it does not do anything. I have GWW coded, and has been giving me an error in ISTA due to the FSC Code missing. Do you think this is what is causing the TLA not to work?

Armando
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 09:34 PM   #57
Deja011
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandomedic122 View Post
I have yet to get TLA to work. I have coded everything, updated my EsysX, upgraded my psdzdata files to the latest, and yet it does nothing. I can see the Traffic Light Assistant on the iDrive and can select it within aSLA in idrive, but it does not do anything. I have GWW coded, and has been giving me an error in ISTA due to the FSC Code missing. Do you think this is what is causing the TLA not to work?

Armando
Hi Armando,

GWW has nothing to do with TLA not working. A few people without working GWW have got TLA working. Though it depends on region like on an Australian car it shows function not available. In China it is working but not that great. UK seems to work fine. So depends which region you are in and the results can totally vary.
Appreciate 1
      10-08-2020, 11:15 PM   #58
RexDong
China
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deja011 View Post
Quote:

Armando
Hi Armando,

GWW has nothing to do with TLA not working. A few people without working GWW have got TLA working. Though it depends on region like on an Australian car it shows function not available. In China it is working but not that great. UK seems to work fine. So depends which region you are in and the results can totally vary.
Today I tested a lot of roads, but no traffic lights were displayed. The recognition rate is indeed a problem
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 01:38 AM   #59
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Armando
The error is as you say, due to you enabling Give Way Warning without an FSC. It's not related to TLA.

Trojanlaw has light recognition working in the US but does not have the FSC.

I think the Deja011 and RexDong have hit the nail on the head.

You probably have it working, it's just not acknowledging the lights that you are testing. 2 possible reasons for this:
1) style of light not recognised yet
2) BMW not cloud activated that region/state?

The only way to know for sure would be for a working US user to test the same set of lights as you. BMW make reference to cloud driven machine learning to improve the service, and I've seen the behaviour on certain lights change without coding or software upgrade, so they could suddenly just start working.

From a coding perspective if you have the displayed screen, then I think you are good.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 04:31 AM   #60
RexDong
China
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Armando
The error is as you say, due to you enabling Give Way Warning without an FSC. It's not related to TLA.

You probably have it working, it's just not acknowledging the lights that you are testing. 2 possible reasons for this:

The only way to know for sure would be for a working US user to test the same set of lights as you. BMW make reference to cloud driven machine learning to improve the service, and I've seen the behaviour on certain lights change without coding or software upgrade, so they could suddenly just start working.

From a coding perspective if you have the displayed screen, then I think you are good.
I went out to test the traffic light assistant again, and finally got a new understanding.
1. The active cruise system must be turned on (vehicle distance cruise or intelligent cruise is activated in green)
2. European traffic lights are almost on the parking line. But the traffic light in China is 50 meters ahead of the stop line, so don't press the SET button, otherwise when you drive to the traffic light at the opposite intersection, the car will automatically brake, which is very [IMG][/IMG]dangerous.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 10:21 AM   #61
Saunders17283
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Based upon minimal testing, one thing I'm noticing so far is that when TLA recognizes a RED traffic light that there are no cars at (I am the lead car), it seems as though it will not accept it automatically. Once I select the "SET" button to acknowledge the red light manually, it begins to slow the car, but by the time I get to the place where I should stop, the car hasn't completely stopped on its own yet. Therefore, I end up slamming the brakes manually.

I should add that there is a low traffic intersection right by my house with a very basic traffic light intersection where I have been testing. This is a very safe place to test functionality as there RARELY are ever two cars at this intersection at a time as long as it is not rush hour.

For all you others testing this, I highly recommend finding a similiar "safe" traffic light to test with

Previous Rides
Appreciate 3
volodp193.50
aMIC31.00
      10-09-2020, 10:45 AM   #62
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saunders17283 View Post
Based upon minimal testing, one thing I'm noticing so far is that when TLA recognizes a RED traffic light that there are no cars at (I am the lead car), it seems as though it will not accept it automatically. Once I select the "SET" button to acknowledge the red light manually, it begins to slow the car, but by the time I get to the place where I should stop, the car hasn't completely stopped on its own yet. Therefore, I end up slamming the brakes manually.

I should add that there is a low traffic intersection right by my house with a very basic traffic light intersection where I have been testing. This is a very safe place to test functionality as there RARELY are ever two cars at this intersection at a time as long as it is not rush hour.

For all you others testing this, I highly recommend finding a similiar "safe" traffic light to test with
Thanks good to hear its working on a G16.

Double check you have Speed Limit assistant set to Automatically accept the posted speed limit in idrive.

Other than that I think its a case of the simpler the better when it comes to which lights are automatically accepted. If it prompts you to press SET then it considers the lights complex. On lights where there is literally only one lane and one light direction control, it mostly automatically accepts the light and stops itself.

You might need to find different light systems to test auto accept. You don't need to be lead car, just check if the HUD is showing the red light as Ticked, or asking for SET. If the former then if you had been the lead car it would have stopped.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 10:49 AM   #63
ifr
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
I went out to test the traffic light assistant again, and finally got a new understanding.
1. The active cruise system must be turned on (vehicle distance cruise or intelligent cruise is activated in green)
2. European traffic lights are almost on the parking line. But the traffic light in China is 50 meters ahead of the stop line, so don't press the SET button, otherwise when you drive to the traffic light at the opposite intersection, the car will automatically brake, which is very [IMG][/IMG]dangerous.
Yes, the system needs Drive Assist engaged to function. The green light startup alert seems to work whether cruise is engaged or not which is good.

That setup is going to be tricky for BMW to address I guess. I cant see them fixing that with cloud learning. More likely will need newer software and testing.

The whole road marking system needs to be developed to cater for KEEP CLEAR, and other such markings.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 11:06 AM   #64
Saunders17283
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
This brings up an interesting question...

In USA (or at least in Minnesota) traffic lights are on the far side of the intersection and therefore if the intersection is 20yards square, the parking line is 20yards in front of the traffic light.

If you are saying that in the EU, traffic lights and parking line are the at the same distance, doesn't it stand to reason that this would be an issue with USA traffic light stopping location?

Previous Rides
Appreciate 1
aMIC31.00
      10-09-2020, 11:11 AM   #65
mandomedic122
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5M G05, Mini 2016 S

Quote:

I have the same screen as you posted on the post, but yet the system does not work. Maybe I need to give it tiime, like you say, that it needs to learn. I did look at the map settings and found that traffic lights was not selected and thought that this might have been the problem. I selected it without no changes.

I will keep working on it, and activating it as much as possible to see if it does do self learning.

Armando
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 11:11 AM   #66
Trojanlaw
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M

Garage List
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Saunders -

I have the same experience as you. The car does not stop except in limited circumstances which I have still not been able to identify the factors for.

It's a nice feature to have but not ready to be relied upon at all times in the US. We have to be very careful with it.

Last edited by Trojanlaw; 10-09-2020 at 04:47 PM..
Appreciate 2