BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-23-2020, 11:51 AM   #1
PhilH930
Private
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3 ZCP

Low Tire Pressure Warning

Has anyone encountered an issue with low tire pressure warning, in that once tires are corrected, the warnings do not disappear?

I normally stay on top of my tires, but with the change in weather and a few weeks neglect, my fronts dropped to 34 psi and rears 38 (I have the 22" wheels, recommended pressures are 39 and 45). The warning came up on idrive screen, in the vehicle status sub menu, and also on the dash. Quickly corrected and thought the warning would disappear.

I've had three journeys since; ~ 4 miles, 23 miles and 3 miles, and still indicates low tire pressure. What's funny is in idrive the four wheels are green and at 39/45, but the orange text low pressure warning and dash "!" remain. I have no option to reset TPMS, just view tire manual and tire sizes. I even just reset idrive but the warning remains. My idrive version is 11/2019.70.
      10-02-2020, 04:02 AM   #2
Pro55
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05 30d

I guess you could try changing the tyres in I drive, reset them to some new tyres size you don’t have and then go back to the original tyres and reset again!!! Might work.
Appreciate 0