BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-06-2020, 10:13 AM   #1
nesrock@gmail.com
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5M Comp

Winter Floor Mats

I just ordered the diamond floor mats from the link below. I will let you guys know what I think when they arrive. I live in Minnesota where we obviously get lots of snow and slosh to deal with in the winter. I have never liked the plastic floor mats even though weather tech makes a very nice product. I know some people like the plastic mats from bmw also sport mats or whatever they are called.

I will let you guys know what I think once I receive them and I will also post pictures once they are installed.

https://diamanteautomats.com/
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 02:46 PM   #2
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X6M Competition

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
These look nice. I just wonder how durable these would be and how the stitching will hold up with all the salt that gets dragged into the vehicle. I am definitely going with the weathertech type mat for the trunk since I toss everything into the rear and I won't have to worry about puncturing any mat. There is also TuxMat which has the largest coverage I have seen for a molded mat.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 02:49 PM   #3
Carpe_BM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: EX-BMW (2019 BMW X5 xDrive40i)

I put this same topic up in the X5 F15 section and was flamed for it (i.e. tacky AF)...I think it's a good look...
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2020, 03:56 PM   #4
schaeffs888
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50d // BMW M135i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpe_BM View Post
I put this same topic up in the X5 F15 section and was flamed for it (i.e. tacky AF)...I think it's a good look...
Tough crowd those F15 lot...
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 10:52 AM   #5
nesrock@gmail.com
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5M Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaeffs888 View Post
Sorry you got flamed. I actually thought about that before I posted, but figured if people didnt like it they would ignore my post or the mods would delete it.

I ended up ordering the main cabin from dreamcarz1.com and the cargo from the place I posted up top. I was able to get M logos put on the mats from dream carz. I did the black with blue stitching to match my X5M comp exterior which is also blue.

https://www.dreamcarz1.com/?v=7b2a9acfd5ee

I will let you guys know how the quality is and upload pictures.

Thanks,

Nick
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-07-2020, 12:45 PM   #6
puckhead85
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp, Lexus GS

How's the proctection compared to weather tech?
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2020, 05:09 AM   #7
ted920
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i, Lexus GS 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by nesrock@gmail.com View Post
Sorry you got flamed. I actually thought about that before I posted, but figured if people didnt like it they would ignore my post or the mods would delete it.

I ended up ordering the main cabin from dreamcarz1.com and the cargo from the place I posted up top. I was able to get M logos put on the mats from dream carz. I did the black with blue stitching to match my X5M comp exterior which is also blue.

Thanks,

Nick
Very nice choice - they look beautiful.

I look forward to seeing your pics as I am very interested.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2020, 08:52 AM   #8
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
I ordered the TuxMat for the new X6MC. Should be here next week. I won't be able to install them until my new X arrives sometime in November. There is another company called Spartan Autotec that makes what looks like a clone of TuxMat for our American friends that may not be able to get the TuxMat south of the border. The Spartan come in different colours and patterns similar to the ones nesrock ordered (TuxMat only comes in black) So the Spartan may be a better choice for those that have lighter coloured interiors. You'll have to contact them to see if they are available for your model. I didn't see the 2020/2021 models listed. Both offer better coverage than weathertech.

Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 11:41 AM   #9
jokerswld34
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M760li

Garage List
2019 BMW M760i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nesrock@gmail.com View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by schaeffs888 View Post

Thanks,

Nick
have you received them yet? I ordered a set and haven't received any status
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 05:58 PM   #10
DAL33S
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F95 X5 M Competition

I use BMW genuine G05 / F95 rubber mats all year round and boot liner too.

I don't have to worry about the mats then.
      10-27-2020, 12:46 PM   #11
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 Macan GTS/'18 GT3/''21 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
I ordered the TuxMat for the new X6MC. Should be here next week. I won't be able to install them until my new X arrives sometime in November. There is another company called Spartan Autotec that makes what looks like a clone of TuxMat for our American friends that may not be able to get the TuxMat south of the border. The Spartan come in different colours and patterns similar to the ones nesrock ordered (TuxMat only comes in black) So the Spartan may be a better choice for those that have lighter coloured interiors. You'll have to contact them to see if they are available for your model. I didn't see the 2020/2021 models listed. Both offer better coverage than weathertech.
I am curious as to how the raised bumps on the TuxMat will feel under your shoes when driving. One of my employees turned me on to these and I almost ordred for an incoming X5M, but want to see more feedback.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2020, 02:15 PM   #12
lankymidget
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp

TuxMat

The finishing and texture is good, you don't really feel it or have it interfere with the feel under foot while driving or cruising.
What I really like is the fit, which seems perfect for winter mats imho as they fit the entire footwell and tuck nicely under the plastic trim. I think it will keep the salty, sandy snow $h!t out of the nooks I normally get around the accelerator pedal and mat edges.
Got them in my F90 too and the fit is clean and accurate like the F95...
Prefer this over the OEM and other aftermarket winter mats and will likely switch back after winter season.
Attached Images

10-30-2020, 03:14 PM   #13
denaliman
Major
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2013 X6M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lankymidget View Post
The finishing and texture is good, you don't really feel it or have it interfere with the feel under foot while driving or cruising.
What I really like is the fit, which seems perfect for winter mats imho as they fit the entire footwell and tuck nicely under the plastic trim. I think it will keep the salty, sandy snow $h!t out of the nooks I normally get around the accelerator pedal and mat edges.
Got them in my F90 too and the fit is clean and accurate like the F95...
Prefer this over the OEM and other aftermarket winter mats and will likely switch back after winter season.
Did you get the trunk mat as well? I opted not to get the trunk because I thought it would not fit correct with the little cargo nets in the rear left and right sides. I have my old bmw cargo liner from my e70 that still fits the F96.

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2020, 08:56 AM   #14
lankymidget
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by denaliman View Post
Did you get the trunk mat as well? I opted not to get the trunk because I thought it would not fit correct with the little cargo nets in the rear left and right sides. I have my old bmw cargo liner from my e70 that still fits the F96.
No, didn't get the trunk mat, primarily because I have a trunk liner for our 4 legged good boy. It does the job and covers the sides (and back of seats + tailgate), but doesn't have a clean snug, fit. It's a cheap Amazon order as I know it's taking a beating.
Appreciate 0