BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-01-2024, 10:04 AM   #1
Iceman5787
Registered
Italy
Rep
Drives: Bmw X5 G05

Standard battery charger

Good morning everyone, I am writing from Italy and I am a happy owner of a G05 30d, I recently ordered my first plug in, a G05 LCI 50e, one thing is not clear to me, the car will be equipped with a travel charger as standard ? I'm about to have a wallbox installed at home so it wouldn't be a problem there, but if I were out and there wasn't a charging station available, it would be convenient to be able to charge it anyway.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 03:16 PM   #2
jad03060
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Yes, the X5 comes with a country specific charging cable. Note that all of the actual charging is done by the electronics in the vehicle...the 'charger' you refer to is in essence, a smart power cord. Depending on where you travel, you might need a different adapter cord for it. There must be at least a dozen different ones that support different plugs and amperage, not all available in all markets.
Appreciate 0