BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-29-2022, 04:17 PM   #1
a4turboss
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

22” Tire Options for All Seasons

Folks who have the 22” Wheel option what All Season tires are you running? Pros and Cons would be greatly appreciate. So far I am seeing the options at 2 for the tire specs of 275/35/22 up front and 315/30/22 out back.

- Nitto NT420V
- Pirelli P Zero All Seasons
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 11:30 PM   #2
njnets21
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4turboss View Post
Folks who have the 22” Wheel option what All Season tires are you running? Pros and Cons would be greatly appreciate. So far I am seeing the options at 2 for the tire specs of 275/35/22 up front and 315/30/22 out back.

- Nitto NT420V
Love the Pirelli All Seasons so far. About 7k miles on them so far over 6 months and while I haven't measured the tread, they don't appear visually to have worn hardly at all. Smooth, quiet ride. Very happy with them. If I'm being picky, I only wish they had beefier looking sidewalls like the continentals or Michelins but the luxurious performance and durability are awesome.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 04:09 PM   #3
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4turboss View Post

- Nitto NT420V
All I can find is ultra high performance at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 04:28 PM   #4
Kobe4Ever
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Has anyone found a place that has the Pirelli AS in stock? It seems insane that their are virtually no options with winter a few months away…..
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 04:40 PM   #5
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4Ever View Post
Has anyone found a place that has the Pirelli AS in stock? It seems insane that their are virtually no options with winter a few months away…..
Please post here if you find options. Desperate at this point.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 04:51 PM   #6
Kobe4Ever
Private First Class
Rep

Me too, I’m on it
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2022, 09:32 PM   #7
njnets21
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Email tire rack and they'll put you in a waitlist. I was told I could be waiting several months and then after just a few weeks they contacted me that they had some in stock if I wanted to complete the order. I did, and I received the tires while all along the site never showed them hitting stock. Seems they fill orders for folks on the waitlist without stock necessarily reaching the site.
Appreciate 1
      09-01-2022, 07:50 AM   #8
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnets21 View Post
Quote:
Email tire rack and they'll put you in a waitlist. I was told I could be waiting several months and then after just a few weeks they contacted me that they had some in stock if I wanted to complete the order. I did, and I received the tires while all along the site never showed them hitting stock. Seems they fill orders for folks on the waitlist without stock necessarily reaching the site.
I'm going to call today. Thanks for the info.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 07:55 AM   #9
njnets21
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkymcpeterson View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Sure thing. One other piece of info is I was picking up from their Delaware location. I'm pretty sure they do the waitlist either way (shipping or pickup) but thought I'd mention this just in case pickup played into getting it so fast and since it appears you may be within driving distance to DE. Saves a lot of money on taxes too.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 08:08 AM   #10
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Sure thing. One other piece of info is I was picking up from their Delaware location. I'm pretty sure they do the waitlist either way (shipping or pickup) but thought I'd mention this just in case pickup played into getting it so fast and since it appears you may be within driving distance to DE. Saves a lot of money on taxes too.
I'll have to go for shipping Delaware is a little bit of a hike for me in va. Good info tho thanks again!!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2022, 02:08 PM   #11
Kobe4Ever
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I'll have to go for shipping Delaware is a little bit of a hike for me in va. Good info tho thanks again!!
Just had a lengthy call with Tyler at TireRack, basically he told me: the Pirelli AS options (Scorpion and PZero All Seasons) ARE NOT AVAILABLE now or in the foreseeable future. ANY 22 sizes in the rear (315/30/22) are specially designated for Bentleys, and we are generally screwed l. Yes, Nitto has the 420v option but they are LOUD, I mean like All terrain tires in a 33” loud. I wish you all luck in trying to source the 22” tires in a quality all season.
Appreciate 1
CaseHD8.00
      09-03-2022, 09:56 PM   #12
njnets21
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Just had a lengthy call with Tyler at TireRack, basically he told me: the Pirelli AS options (Scorpion and PZero All Seasons) ARE NOT AVAILABLE now or in the foreseeable future. ANY 22 sizes in the rear (315/30/22) are specially designated for Bentleys, and we are generally screwed l. Yes, Nitto has the 420v option but they are LOUD, I mean like All terrain tires in a 33” loud. I wish you all luck in trying to source the 22” tires in a quality all season.
Designed specifically for Bentley, but I assure you is an amazing fit to the X5 as well. Very happy with it and is the exact BMW size spec.
Appreciate 1
eelnoraa2032.50
      09-04-2022, 06:28 AM   #13
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Just had a lengthy call with Tyler at TireRack, basically he told me: the Pirelli AS options (Scorpion and PZero All Seasons) ARE NOT AVAILABLE now or in the foreseeable future. ANY 22 sizes in the rear (315/30/22) are specially designated for Bentleys, and we are generally screwed l. Yes, Nitto has the 420v option but they are LOUD, I mean like All terrain tires in a 33" loud. I wish you all luck in trying to source the 22" tires in a quality all season.
Designed specifically for Bentley, but I assure you is an amazing fit to the X5 as well. Very happy with it and is the exact BMW size spec.
Yeah they really give the x5 a look you can't get otherwise. 22" tire size for this vehicle is aesthetically perfect.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2022, 02:31 PM   #14
patrikr
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 760i, 2020 Model X LR

Not necessarily a good option for everyone but I ordered 742Ms in black with the Pirelli all-seasons from Alloy Wheels Direct and they just shipped. They are coming from Germany so maybe there’s more availability there?
Appreciate 2
      09-06-2022, 10:43 PM   #15
njnets21
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrikr View Post
Not necessarily a good option for everyone but I ordered 742Ms in black with the Pirelli all-seasons from Alloy Wheels Direct and they just shipped. They are coming from Germany so maybe there’s more availability there?
This is a nice option. $400 more than I paid for the wheels, but tires are about $200 cheaper and mounting and balancing already done and included so cost is a wash and definitely more convenient to come as one complete set. Nice find.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 08:03 AM   #16
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrikr View Post
Wish I could just cop the tires….one day supply chain will get back to normal.

Great option though….I probably would've ordered but I JUST bought some 742 reps.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 11:25 AM   #17
spike5150
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

If you are in mostly cold, but little snow, the Pirelli AS would be ok in my experience. Here in Colorado (Denver Area) they were terrible in the second snow season. And I only got about 25k out of the rears. I switched to the winter Pirelli's and they are great in snow and not as horrible as I expected on dry pavement.
Appreciate 1
      09-07-2022, 11:39 AM   #18
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike5150 View Post
If you are in mostly cold, but little snow, the Pirelli AS would be ok in my experience. Here in Colorado (Denver Area) they were terrible in the second snow season. And I only got about 25k out of the rears. I switched to the winter Pirelli's and they are great in snow and not as horrible as I expected on dry pavement.
I've got high performance pirellis-horrendous in the rain, can't imagine them in snow.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 12:31 PM   #19
spike5150
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
I've got high performance pirellis-horrendous in the rain, can't imagine them in snow.
We are talking All Season Pirelli's, not summer tires.
Appreciate 1
CT335xi684.00
      09-07-2022, 02:35 PM   #20
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spike5150 View Post
Quote:
We are talking All Season Pirelli's, not summer tires.
Well at this point my high performance pirellis have become my all season pirellis due to supply chain issues…sadly.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2022, 06:54 PM   #21
Kobe4Ever
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Well at this point my high performance pirellis have become my all season pirellis due to supply chain issues…sadly.
What state do you live in man? I LOVE my PZ4 , but in St. Louis I’ll have to rock my OEM 20” wheels with AS tires for a few months
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 06:37 AM   #22
sharkymcpeterson
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
What state do you live in man? I LOVE my PZ4 , but in St. Louis I’ll have to rock my OEM 20” wheels with AS tires for a few months
Virginia….Winters can get messy here although the last few years we've been fairly clean.
Appreciate 0