Rep
Drives: Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
Give him a couple of days, a chance to miss you.
I'll give him til Friday at noon.
That's pretty generous. If someone likes you, he'd be texting constantly.
Not necessarily. I learned to control my emotions not to overwhelm you with messages. He may be doing the same. And she is too.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 09:47 AM   #46
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

You guys dont understand. (Well one or two of you might)

This was a really big deal for me, considering everything I've gone through.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 09:48 AM   #47
Douche
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douche View Post
I did, but she never sees me because she lives in a building.

I once gave her keys to a dude when she lost them, but she doesn't notice me. I think she thinks I'm a douche.
Hmmm, this is interesting, I don't see Bimette being this way. Maybe you should try leaving a ton of notes on her car to see in the morning before work. Then you can stalk her to work and shower her with flowers. If that isn't overbearing enough, maybe send the largest arrangement from Edible Arrangements daily.
I'm her edible arrangement.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 09:48 AM   #48
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:

I get it Sara. But if he doesn't seem into you, you're probably right.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2015, 09:48 AM   #49
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Exactly my point. I've got one guy texting me that I've already blown off TWICE for a first date and he still was texting me yesterday. Ugh. It's always the ones we dont want.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2015, 09:50 AM   #50
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
I'll give him til Friday at noon.
He probably won't text/call. If he does, it is because he felt guilty of being to arrogant, so he's gonna play nice guy and cover it.

What you're describe is what i've done to a lot of girls. Once i know they like me a lot, i just sit back and relax and watch all the needy text's pour in. From date suggestions to nudes to random questions.

He doesn't want to be labeled as a cocky SOB because that can tarnish his reputation with other girls. So he'll act very nice around you and make sure you have a wonderful time whenever you two are hanging out, So word can get around that he's a great guy.

What are some stats on him? Age? Salary range? Does he have kids also? Previously divorced? This can help us judge his actions better to determine if he's acting cocky or maybe if you're the one overreacting Sara.
      05-12-2015, 09:51 AM   #51
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Exactly my point. I've got one guy texting me that I've already blown off TWICE for a first date and he still was texting me yesterday. Ugh. It's always the ones we dont want.
Congrats now you understand reverse psychology! Hope you didn't give anything up /is it too late to act cool?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 09:52 AM   #52
Douche
Banned
Rep

Quote:

I think I understood, but maybe you don't: when you say this was a big deal for you after your breakup, what exactly Do you expect us to say? There there? "He's gonna call, you're beautiful". "He loves you too sweetie" all that nonsense?

I just say it like it is, for your benefit. Call me a douche (cause that's my given name anyway), but I'm thinking of you.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 09:53 AM   #53
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:

Understandably so. Dating is a numbers game, and you need to learn how to read the people you date. How well do they communicate, are they attentative, are they overbearing, etc. Everyone has a different way of expressing themselves, some love to text all day, others don't. You need to figure out what it is that YOU want, and just be yourself.

If you get too wrapped up in it off the bat, you might get wrapped up for all the wrong reasons. Be true to yourself and what you need in someone.
Appreciate 2
      05-12-2015, 09:54 AM   #54
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
He probably won't text/call. If he does, it is because he felt guilty of being to arrogant, so he's gonna play nice guy and cover it.

What you're describe is what i've done to a lot of girls. Once i know they like me a lot, i just sit back and relax and watch all the needy text's pour in. From date suggestions to nudes to random questions.

He doesn't want to be labeled as a cocky SOB because that can tarnish his reputation with other girls. So he'll act very nice around you and make sure you have a wonderful time whenever you two are hanging out, So word can get around that he's a great guy.

What are some stats on him? Age? Salary range? Does he have kids also? Previously divorced? This can help us judge his actions better to determine if he's acting cocky or maybe if you're the one overreacting Sara.
Funny you mentioned that last part. We went to 4 local bars for our first date (I didnt want to go across the river so we stayed local, we lived close to each other just a few miles apart) I noticed he waited until THE THIRD BAR, after I had already had 3 shots of wild turkey and a lemon drop and whatever else cocktail he ordered me to tell me he is divorced. His marriage lasted 9 months. He's tall, great looking, full of himself. (Two peas in a pod here) No kids, .....has a cat...... He's in his young 30's
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 09:56 AM   #55
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
what exactly Do you expect us to say? There there? "He's gonna call, you're beautiful". "He loves you too sweetie" all that nonsense?

Quote:
Call me a douche (cause that's my given name anyway), but I'm thinking of you.
oh wth
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2015, 10:06 AM   #56
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post

oh wth
Bingo
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 10:14 AM   #57
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Funny you mentioned that last part. We went to 4 local bars for our first date (I didnt want to go across the river so we stayed local, we lived close to each other just a few miles apart) I noticed he waited until THE THIRD BAR, after I had already had 3 shots of wild turkey and a lemon drop and whatever else cocktail he ordered me to tell me he is divorced. His marriage lasted 9 months. He's tall, great looking, full of himself. (Two peas in a pod here) No kids, .....has a cat...... He's in his young 30's
Well, not that I'm a relationship expert or anything, but to keep a man you have to understand him better than he does himself.. short term attraction is easily satiated.. you have to be something he NEEDS. (Not that I know what that is for anyone.. etc. disclaimer: relationship advice from Grimlock etc. etc.)
lol
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2015, 10:17 AM   #58
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Sounds like he's a legal professional, and there sometimes is a LOT of case study involved in that. So yeah, he could be busy, and going off past experiences, is probably expecting Sara to text him. We'll see.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2015, 10:17 AM   #59
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

My judgement says he likes you but he doesn't want a relationship. He wants someone to be smashing occasionally which MAY become a relationship (so there's still hope)

I also think he's seeing another Woman. They probably temporarily broke up so he's using you to fill up the time now, that's why you shouldn't act too needy.

I'm very interested in this thread because it reminds me of myself and the situation i had in the past. I can go ahead and give you some hard facts but that's up to if you wanna hear.
      05-12-2015, 10:19 AM   #60
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAxiom
Quote:
Sounds like he's a legal professional, and there sometimes is a LOT of case study involved in that. So yeah, he could be busy, and going off past experiences, is probably expecting Sara to text him. We'll see.
It takes literally three seconds to text her good morning, if he really wanted to.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 10:19 AM   #61
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

Quote:
Well, I'll take this as a moment to point out don't lead that poor chap along either. You don't like it when someone does it to you, don't do it to him. I know that's my idealistic side talking, and we all like attention - but....
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 10:22 AM   #62
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
It takes literally three seconds to text her good morning, if he really wanted to.
Are good morning texts really necessary after one date though? I mean, I get it if you're more invested, but it has only been one date.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 10:23 AM   #63
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup
Quote:
Are good morning texts really necessary after one date though? I mean, I get it if you're more invested, but it has only been one date.
She said usually they'd be talking for an hour by now, so for him, it's a sign.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 10:24 AM   #64
Douche
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleeked
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimlock View Post
you have to be something he NEEDS.
Grimmey my boy, every women has something a guy needs: a vagina

Listen Sara, I'll give you some solid advice: If he's not texting you first, you're not a priority in his book. By age 30, men, by nature, look to find women they can settle down with, unless they've made it very clear to you that they're not interested in that. If a man finds a woman that he can see potential long-term growth with, even if it is on the first or second date, he will make that very clear...especially an attorney. A rash generalization, I know, but attorneys get what they want. They are very persuasive, by nature. Don't waste your time. If he's not texting back, or you feel like you need someone who will text you first and make it clear that they want you, adios douche, on to the next douchebag who strolls on by. Be picky. VERY picky.
I am not the one not texting her. Leave me alone.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 10:24 AM   #65
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleeked View Post
Grimmey my boy, every women has something a guy needs: a vagina
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2015, 10:25 AM   #66
grimlock
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post
exactly, seems unnecessary do-or-die escalation..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread