swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 40!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmn60 View Post
I had my new X5 ceramic coated the day after I took delivery. I didn’t want the dealer to do it nor did I want to pay an absorbent amount money for someone who is most likely a shop car cleaner doing it. I used a local reputable car detailer, who used a Qyeon product. I had this done on my previous X5 and the product lasted well beyond what I would have expected. I was very happy with the result and why I chose to get it done on my new car. If you’re in CT or nearby I know of of someone that I would highly recommend. Since no paint correction was necessary, I didn’t have to pay for any prep process other than the coating.
I have had several cars done but after watching the application on YouTube I cannot pay that much for that service so I have look into other options and ran into Dr Beasley and I start this product after I bought a frozen Matt black metallic finish and needed product for this bmw and I started using Dr Beasley and they have other options for gloss paint . That brings us to the new product they just introduced which is amazing and I don’t think you need ceramic when you use this product because it’s a spray ceramic that you wipe on then wipe off . Bead hero hydrophobic ceramic spray is Amazing easy application and user friendly and does what i need . Repels dirt easy spray off, wipe down, just like traditional ceramic.Bead hero I have this in both versions matte / and normal for gloss paint and im telling you its amazing watch the videobead
Appreciate 3
LDT1595.00
nZtiZia4729.50
      09-29-2023, 04:34 PM   #68
LDT
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post
This is going to be contentious, but P21s and Zaino were really good products 20 years ago. I used the Zaino "twins" exclusively for years. Modern sealants and coatings are literally generations ahead in terms of ease of use and performance. A decent spray coating is going to apply in 1/2 the time of Zaino, last 4x as long, cost less, and look just as good.

P21S is still a good option if you really want something carnauba based. I always found that P21S protection fell off in about a month. But pro tip--S100 (marketed to motorcycles) is identical to P21s and is about 1/2 the price.
Not at all contentious as every driver has products he/she swears by. For me the cost of professional ceramic isn't worth it but others are happy to pay. And in the interest of full disclosure some of the P21s and Zaino products I use are, in fact, 20 years old. Back in the day we split our time between two homes and I had detailing supplies stocked up at both places. Have been down to one home since 2018 (thank God) and I still have plenty of stuff. As long as it's kept in a cool dry place it's shelf life is long. If you have not tried Zaino Z16 Perfect Tire Gloss please give it a go. Non petroleum based and produces a clean looking matte finish as I don't like shiny tire gloss.
2015 GL 350--diesel burner/highway queen
2013 Audi S6--a beast in it's day
Appreciate 1
P111584.00
      09-29-2023, 04:59 PM   #69
Lionel Hutz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDT View Post
Not at all contentious as every driver has products he/she swears by. For me the cost of professional ceramic isn't worth it but others are happy to pay. And in the interest of full disclosure some of the P21s and Zaino products I use are, in fact, 20 years old. Back in the day we split our time between two homes and I had detailing supplies stocked up at both places. Have been down to one home since 2018 (thank God) and I still have plenty of stuff. As long as it's kept in a cool dry place it's shelf life is long. If you have not tried Zaino Z16 Perfect Tire Gloss please give it a go. Non petroleum based and produces a clean looking matte finish as I don't like shiny tire gloss.
I remember thinking Zaino's tire gloss, Z6 detailing spray, and car wash were all phenomenal (and smelled nice). These days I use Carpro Perl or Adams on my tires.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2023, 05:26 PM   #70
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo923 View Post
what sealants you recommend?
There's an old saying in the detailing world: find what you like and use it often. I go by that saying. I went through a period where I bought everything under the sun and amassed quite the collection of Swissvax waxes.

Then I found Menzerna Power Lock and I have yet to find a sealant I like better.

Here is my F15 at 100,000 miles:

My GO5:
Appreciate 8
CGG171.50
LDT1595.00
WMark5.00
Mixitt372.00
      09-29-2023, 11:00 PM   #71
CGG
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G05 x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1 View Post
Then I found Menzerna Power Lock and I have yet to find a sealant I like better.
I have been using ceramic coatings by Carpro so I have not used Power Lock for a couple of years. I fully agree, however, that Power Lock is by far the best sealant I have ever used. The ease of application, longevity and shine is just awesome.

Power Lock has also been rebranded as Jescar Power Lock.
Appreciate 2
LDT1595.00
P111584.00
      09-30-2023, 09:12 AM   #72
JennyMac
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattgigem View Post
I have PPF and ceramic coating on my car. I just thought we should appreciate the "miracle shine of the month club" comment.
Are you happy with it? How long have you had it?
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2023, 02:17 PM   #73
Mattgigem
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyMac View Post
Are you happy with it? How long have you had it?
I have only had it for two weeks but I am happy so far. I have SunTek Reaction which has a 12 year warranty. I also got Opti-Coat Pro Plus ceramic coating. That has a 7 year warranty. The installer has been around a while and basically said if I have any issues at all with either of them just bring it back and they will redo it.
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2023, 06:52 AM   #74
ipayincash
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: F95 comp

On a brand new car it's a must, I did it on a used car and only regret is not doing it all the day I bought it.... night and day difference
Appreciate 1
      10-05-2023, 02:29 PM   #75
JennyMac
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattgigem View Post
I have only had it for two weeks but I am happy so far. I have SunTek Reaction which has a 12 year warranty. I also got Opti-Coat Pro Plus ceramic coating. That has a 7 year warranty. The installer has been around a while and basically said if I have any issues at all with either of them just bring it back and they will redo it.
Thanks for the update!
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2023, 02:30 PM   #76
JennyMac
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipayincash View Post
On a brand new car it's a must, I did it on a used car and only regret is not doing it all the day I bought it.... night and day difference
Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2023, 03:37 AM   #77
BeEmVee
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 xDrive 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDT View Post
Never had ceramic on a car until my previous 2020 Cayenne which I purchased used. It was still effective after 3+ years. Easy to wash and dry. Current M60i is not ceramic coated but I like to frequently wash and wax with P21s carnauba wax. Achieves a similar result. Lighter colors are easier than dark colors. Mine is Skyscraper. My local shops will do ceramic for $1000 to $1250 and have a good rep.
Two questions: Do you apply P21s cleaner/conditioner after waxing and then wash away with water, or is it waterless? Can you run a car through a car wash once it’s been ceramic coated? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2023, 08:24 AM   #78
cobramite
Banned
Rep
Drives: '24 X6 M60i, '22 Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipayincash View Post
PPF, Ceramic or whatever alone or in combination is a personal choice and not even remotely close to being a "must".
A reasonable case for PPF can be made by those who live in terrible climates where they drive on bad roads 6 months of the year with rocks, cinders, chunks of salt, etc. everywhere.
Anyone considering these expensive treatments needs to understand that PPF is not immune to damage, can be very problematic upon their inevitable removal , and "ceramic treatments" are NOT permanent.
Choose wisely. It is absurd to state that any of this stuff is mandatory, that is just ridiculous.
If you decide on ceramic then do it yourself for 40 bucks and that will last just as long as what your car dealer or local detail shop will charge 800-1800 bucks to do.

Last edited by cobramite; 10-07-2023 at 08:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2023, 08:50 AM   #79
LDT
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeEmVee View Post
Two questions: Do you apply P21s cleaner/conditioner after waxing and then wash away with water, or is it waterless? Can you run a car through a car wash once it’s been ceramic coated? Thanks!
I use P21s spray on car wash, wheels included, then rinse with my pressure washer on soft setting. Dry with electric blower and wipe with microfiber towels. I do use a brushless car wash on occasion and did so on my ceramic coated Cayenne and the ceramic lasted 3+ years. I’m not as anal about hand washing as I used to be. Darker colors are more susceptible to swirl marks than lighter colors. I live in the south so my vehicles aren’t subjected to snow, ice, road salt etc.
As a side note there are several foam systems that people swear by….spray on and rinse.
2015 GL 350--diesel burner/highway queen
2013 Audi S6--a beast in it's day
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2023, 08:56 AM   #80
Boardmember
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive40i

Garage List
I have a cheap SunJoe low PSI electric pressure washer ($100?) and a couple different foam dispensers. I have three partial bottles of quality foam ph balanced car soap. And CeramicPro.

The foam canon is not an absolute solution. Some stubborn stuff - especially on my windshield - needs to be hand wiped. I blow dry then microfiber wipe in limited places as necessary.

The result is outstanding. Deep gloss, you can feel how slick the coating is when you grab the door handle.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2023, 09:10 AM   #81
Mixitt
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 X40i; 2021 Z4 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardmember View Post
I have a cheap SunJoe low PSI electric pressure washer ($100?) and a couple different foam dispensers. I have three partial bottles of quality foam ph balanced car soap. And CeramicPro.

The foam canon is not an absolute solution. Some stubborn stuff - especially on my windshield - needs to be hand wiped. I blow dry then microfiber wipe in limited places as necessary.

The result is outstanding. Deep gloss, you can feel how slick the coating is when you grab the door handle.
What shampoo are you using? I have several but the CarPro Reset is incredible, especially when used on ceramic coated cars.
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2023, 09:33 AM   #82
Boardmember
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive40i

Garage List
I will look at Reset, thanks.

I have Griots Garage, Mother’s and Car Guys products. All specified to work with canons. Maybe my expectations were misaligned.
Appreciate 1
Mixitt372.00