BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-07-2021, 12:00 PM   #1
Xccelerate
Back in a BMW
Rep
Drives: 21 X5M Comp

Snow tires with the X5M Comp

Hey everyone,

I have to say with all the snow we've gotten recently in the Northeast example Northern New Jersey.

I've been very impressed with the Perelli scorpion winters. The truck doesn't seem to slide even when braking not that I am driving aggressive but I am still very impressed with the capabilities of this vehicle being that of its high-performance capability.

11' 1M Coupe Valencia 6MT OEM+ 289 of 740
Appreciate 3
hdahman236.50
ed41367.50
      02-07-2021, 12:26 PM   #2
azn_fcuk
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M4, X6MC, AMG GT Pro

Ive never had the pleasure of trying out the scorpion, ive always been a huge fan of the Nokian Hakka tires for their performance relative to their price, and had them on the past 4 vehicles I winter drove. Since the Alpin PA5's came already mounted with my winter rim set when I acquired my X6MC, I have nothing but praise for them...except their retail price (yuck!). The Alpin PA5 drive as if im on summer rubber and provided me the same confidence on ice and snow as my Hakka R3's did, only exception is copious amounts of tall snow was my only negative about the PA5's.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2021, 02:09 PM   #3
hdahman
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xccelerate View Post
Hey everyone,

I have to say with all the snow we've gotten recently in the Northeast example Northern New Jersey.

I've been very impressed with the Perelli scorpion winters. The truck doesn't seem to slide even when braking not that I am driving aggressive but I am still very impressed with the capabilities of this vehicle being that of its high-performance capability.
agreed they're awesome tires, lot of confidence driving on them in the worst conditions.
Appreciate 1