BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

08-14-2021, 10:40 PM   #111
njnets21
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
As mentioned, you can call Genius to see if they have a build week but it is likely they do not. They try and group Individual paints so it may be a bit before it goes into the scheduled status.

Mine, although an M340i, was in order received for about a month before it was Scheduled for Production.
They have a build week scheduled while it’s in “order received” and before production scheduled is showing. Mine (with individual paint) is week 42.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 10:43 PM   #112
njnets21
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall_nut View Post
Thanks! It's actually a type c USB for my Galaxy S10e. Made sure I brought one with me. I'm going to try my best to figure out a custom aftermarket installation of a qi charger.
That USB port by the cup holders is type-c now? It was previously the only type-a port in the car with the others being type-c.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 10:50 PM   #113
wall_nut
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 x45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnets21 View Post
Quote:
Thanks! It's actually a type c USB for my Galaxy S10e. Made sure I brought one with me. I'm going to try my best to figure out a custom aftermarket installation of a qi charger.
That USB port by the cup holders is type-c now? It was previously the only type-a port in the car with the others being type-c.
No, it's still type A. My cord is type A to type C. I actually brought a type c to type c cable too just in case they changed it but it has not changed.
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2021, 11:01 PM   #114
njnets21
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
No, it's still type A. My cord is type A to type C. I actually brought a type c to type c cable too just in case they changed it but it has not changed.
Appreciate the confirmation. I misread your post then.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 01:32 AM   #115
motherkin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: g05 45e

Quote:
Well it's home! It did come in yesterday so we were lucky with the my garage tracker this time. Picked it up today. One thing I'll note was that the poplar trim is very nice. The photos I've seen seemed like there was some brown in it but there's very little brown to find in this trim for ours. I'm quite pleased with it. It's like a medium dark gray primarily.
Congraz! Can you comment on how the base HiFi system is?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 05:35 AM   #116
wall_nut
Private
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW X5 x45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by motherkin View Post
Quote:
Well it's home! It did come in yesterday so we were lucky with the my garage tracker this time. Picked it up today. One thing I'll note was that the poplar trim is very nice. The photos I've seen seemed like there was some brown in it but there's very little brown to find in this trim for ours. I'm quite pleased with it. It's like a medium dark gray primarily.
Congraz! Can you comment on how the base HiFi system is?
Sitting in the car now just listening to it and I am less than thrilled with what I'm hearing right now. I am someone who really appreciates a high end stereo. I've had two XC90s with Bowers and Wilkins which were fantastic. I definitely wanted at least the Harmon Kardon system in this X5 but test drove with the HiFi and found it adequate at the time. I am finding the highs sound harsh and the overall system just sounds muddy. I'm not afraid to upgrade this thing myself but I'm still going to think longer on just how much I want to invest here. Most of my driving is with the family and typically wouldn't be able to fully appreciate a better system with all that comes with those situations if you catch my drift.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2021, 11:33 AM   #117
G07xG80
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 - 2024 M3 Comp

Quote:
Sitting in the car now just listening to it and I am less than thrilled with what I'm hearing right now. I am someone who really appreciates a high end stereo. I've had two XC90s with Bowers and Wilkins which were fantastic. I definitely wanted at least the Harmon Kardon system in this X5 but test drove with the HiFi and found it adequate at the time. I am finding the highs sound harsh and the overall system just sounds muddy. I'm not afraid to upgrade this thing myself but I'm still going to think longer on just how much I want to invest here. Most of my driving is with the family and typically wouldn't be able to fully appreciate a better system with all that comes with those situations if you catch my drift.

Same thing here. Only option I lost was HK. Does it suck? Yes
Is it the end of the world? No
The kids are mostly in the car so it's not like I can turn the system all the way up anyways.. Lmk if you do upgrade the sound system and if it's worth it etc
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 09:05 AM   #118
CoTony83
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 22'X5Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
As mentioned, you can call Genius to see if they have a build week but it is likely they do not. They try and group Individual paints so it may be a bit before it goes into the scheduled status.

Mine, although an M340i, was in order received for about a month before it was Scheduled for Production.
Thanks! do you happen to know their phone#?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 09:25 AM   #119
fsujmt
Rep
Drives: F15 xDrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoTony83 View Post
Thanks! do you happen to know their phone#?
844-443-6487

Press 0, then press 0.
Appreciate 1
CoTony83253.00
      08-16-2021, 01:08 PM   #120
CoTony83
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsujmt View Post
844-443-6487

Press 0, then press 0.
thanks a lot!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2021, 10:28 AM   #121
CoTony83
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by njnets21 View Post
They have a build week scheduled while it’s in “order received” and before production scheduled is showing. Mine (with individual paint) is week 42.
called yesterday. scheduled week 35 with Individual paint
Appreciate 0