BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-25-2022, 07:19 AM   #89
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Cannelloni View Post
Long time lurker and new member here from Ireland. Hello everyone!
I am in the process of trading my X5 40e for a new 45e which, similar to many in this thread, has been sitting in Bremerhaven for the last three or four weeks...
My dealer sent me a printscreen of their system yesterday which shows the car in status 181 (Waiting on domestic dispatch) but it has "Technical Campaign" against it as a current release date so I'm really not sure if any works are now complete or not and if it is just sitting in a queue waiting to be shipped (dispatched) out

PS. Great thread and forum - definitely one of the best sources of info around
Welcome to the forum.

If you have you vin number, colc provided this handy link that tells you what, if any, technical enhancements are required on your car. If it says there isn't any you can assume it's waiting for a ship.

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/footer/quic...e-recalls.html

Last edited by Tomo28; 01-25-2022 at 07:22 AM.. Reason: Forgot to add link.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 08:41 AM   #90
Don Cannelloni
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMWX5 45e 2022, BMW330e 2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomo28 View Post
Welcome to the forum.

If you have you vin number, colc provided this handy link that tells you what, if any, technical enhancements are required on your car. If it says there isn't any you can assume it's waiting for a ship.

https://www.bmw.co.uk/en/footer/quic...e-recalls.html
That's great as it gives me more info now, thanks. When I look up the VIN I get a message saying - There is an open Technical Enhancement on this vehicle and the Enhancement codes are 0065480300, 0065630300.
When I Google the first code I get references to the RAM module which I have seen others here affected by but when I look for the second one I don't see any detail.
I think I saw someone ask the question in this thread about the RAM module and what type of stereo was in the car - for reference mine has the standard HiFi system (HK upgrade was unavailable).
Thanks again for that link.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 09:13 AM   #91
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

Quote:
That's great as it gives me more info now, thanks. When I look up the VIN I get a message saying - There is an open Technical Enhancement on this vehicle and the Enhancement codes are 0065480300, 0065630300.
When I Google the first code I get references to the RAM module which I have seen others here affected by but when I look for the second one I don't see any detail.
I think I saw someone ask the question in this thread about the RAM module and what type of stereo was in the car - for reference mine has the standard HiFi system (HK upgrade was unavailable).
Thanks again for that link.
Yes - Thanks for the link..

Hi Don - I am Ireland too, my car is en route to Bremerhaven expected to land there tomorrow I believe and also seems to be affected by the RAM module issue but I only have one code 0065480300 against mine...

Re the other code if you ring the dealer they should be able to run it past someone in the Service Department possibly.... Spoke to my dealer this morning he said they are typically seeing about 2 week delay in Bremerhaven but I guess time will tell for me...

Will keep you posted once I hear expecting an update on Thursday hope car is on the boat that arrives in there tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 11:32 AM   #92
Don Cannelloni
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeryb@ View Post
Yes - Thanks for the link..

Hi Don - I am Ireland too, my car is en route to Bremerhaven expected to land there tomorrow I believe and also seems to be affected by the RAM module issue but I only have one code 0065480300 against mine...

Re the other code if you ring the dealer they should be able to run it past someone in the Service Department possibly.... Spoke to my dealer this morning he said they are typically seeing about 2 week delay in Bremerhaven but I guess time will tell for me...

Will keep you posted once I hear expecting an update on Thursday hope car is on the boat that arrives in there tomorrow!

Thanks, I'll continue to provide updates here as well. I do actually have another (third) enhancement code of 0065600300 but it is down as being closed already. That was for a check on the Amp itself.
Just spoke to my dealer and he is escalating to BMW Ireland as they have a number of customers in this situation so I'll see what he comes back with too.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 12:51 PM   #93
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I'll continue to provide updates here as well. I do actually have another (third) enhancement code of 0065600300 but it is down as being closed already. That was for a check on the Amp itself.
Just spoke to my dealer and he is escalating to BMW Ireland as they have a number of customers in this situation so I'll see what he comes back with too.
Hi Don - Did you look up your VIN on www.mdecoder.com?

if there are any additional deletions e.g. (Touchscreen/iDrive) it should show up there and your other code may be the campaign to have some other deleted options refitted before it's shipped to Ireland?

I read on another thread some people had touchscreen deletes and now there is a software patch required hopefully you get some progess this week...
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 01:04 PM   #94
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

if there are any additional deletions e.g. (Touchscreen/iDrive) it should show up there and your other code may be the campaign to have some other deleted options refitted before it's shipped to Ireland?

I read on another thread some people had touchscreen deletes and now there is a software patch required hopefully you get some progess this week...
Not that it's 100% reliable but my SA said the only UK models impacted by the touchscreen delete are the 3 and 4 series. I assume Ireland would be in the same category as the UK in terms of deletions.

It doesn't mention anything about touchscreen when I put my vin in that website. It does mention I have connected drive professional and connected services. I think it mentions touchscreen on their website under one of those packages.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 01:17 PM   #95
Don Cannelloni
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:

Just checked that as well, thanks. I don't see any sign or mention of options being deleted.
Dealer did say they have a lot of cars in this same situation (with the same enhancement codes) and they are keeping the pressure on BMW for dates. Fingers crossed we hear something soon!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2022, 01:28 PM   #96
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Not that it's 100% reliable but my SA said the only UK models impacted by the touchscreen delete are the 3 and 4 series. I assume Ireland would be in the same category as the UK in terms of deletions.

It doesn't mention anything about touchscreen when I put my vin in that website. It does mention I have connected drive professional and connected services. I think it mentions touchscreen on their website under one of those packages.
yes I think that's correct assume UK/IRE would be similar..

there definitely were some issues with touchscreens on X5's but maybe affected US models only...there was a software patch needed for iDrive with touchless screens...with some folks retro fitting with touchscreens post delivery (https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1873069&page=2)

from what I can make out if you don't see anything saying "Touchscreen Deleted" that's good news as in you will have additional options showing up as DELETED so no news is good news in this case....
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 05:29 AM   #97
DelloW
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive45e MSport

I notice on the online configurator that H/K audio is available for selection again.

I ordered with the Tech Plus pack when H/K Audio was not available, hoping that it would be available by the time my car is manufactured.

As it's via a leasing company I've asked them to check the spec with their dealer, and hoping it will be included in my build - currently due end of May.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 05:57 AM   #98
ColC
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

ive been told there are over 2000 cars waiting for AMPs in Bremerhaven. They are being made in factories in the far east which have probably been repurposed to make facemasks instead.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 06:50 AM   #99
DelloW
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive45e MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelloW View Post
I notice on the online configurator that H/K audio is available for selection again.

I ordered with the Tech Plus pack when H/K Audio was not available, hoping that it would be available by the time my car is manufactured.

As it's via a leasing company I've asked them to check the spec with their dealer, and hoping it will be included in my build - currently due end of May.
My order has ZDH - HK deletion, I've asked if its possible to add it back in.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2022, 04:59 PM   #100
retals77
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColC View Post
ive been told there are over 2000 cars waiting for AMPs in Bremerhaven. They are being made in factories in the far east which have probably been repurposed to make facemasks instead.
Whilst we may think of BMW as a massive international company it and the rest of the worlds car firms make up only 3% of the worlds microchip market. They are dwarfed by the tv, phone and computer makers and therefore have zero clout when looking to get there share of a restricted market caused by both factory closures and increased demand in above markets both caused by the pandemic.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2022, 04:54 PM   #101
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep

This might be a daft question but the wireless charging also included the enhanced Bluetooth, with that a known deletion does that mean my car won't have Bluetooth? Therefore I won't be able to connect my phone.

Edit: daft question. It should have basic Bluetooth. Hopefully it doesn't impact android auto.

Last edited by Tomo28; 01-27-2022 at 05:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 08:19 AM   #102
55JWB
Rep

Just been advised by my SA that our vehicle did leave Bremerhaven last weekend and is now in BMW's Thorne Distribution centre in Doncaster and delivery is showing 7th February, I assume that means delivery to the dealer for PDI etc and collection by me sometime after...

I will have to approach BMW direct as they are saying have to collect no later than 10 days so 17th-20th Feb!! ridiculous not to be able to wait until 1st March...
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 08:29 AM   #103
seeryb@
Private
Ireland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55JWB View Post
Just been advised by my SA that our vehicle did leave Bremerhaven last weekend and is now in BMW's Thorne Distribution centre in Doncaster and delivery is showing 7th February, I assume that means delivery to the dealer for PDI etc and collection by me sometime after...

I will have to approach BMW direct as they are saying have to collect no later than 10 days so 17th-20th Feb!! ridiculous not to be able to wait until 1st March...
thanks for the update by any chance do you know how long your car was sitting in Bremerhaven roughly before it was fixed and shipped?
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 08:34 AM   #104
Tomo28
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:

That is just down the road from me, do you want me to sneak in and put a sign on it saying do not deliver until 1st of March
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 04:22 PM   #105
55JWB
Rep

Quote:
That is just down the road from me, do you want me to sneak in and put a sign on it saying do not deliver until 1st of March
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 04:24 PM   #106
55JWB
Rep

Quote:
thanks for the update by any chance do you know how long your car was sitting in Bremerhaven roughly before it was fixed and shipped?

Pretty sure it arrived there around 18th December and left last weekend

👍🏼
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2022, 05:03 PM   #107
Jonathanhh
Rep
Drives: '17 530d Touring, '21 X3 M40i

Quote:

You know, legally, you are perfectly entitled to buy a car without it being registered for road use, providing it doesn't go on the public highway. So if they insist you purchase it before march, you can do that now, and ask them to store it for you until 1st march then register it and you can collect. I'm sure its the financial transaction they want to do earlier, not registering.
Appreciate 1
55JWB1.50
      01-30-2022, 08:27 AM   #108
55JWB
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanhh View Post
You know, legally, you are perfectly entitled to buy a car without it being registered for road use, providing it doesn't go on the public highway. So if they insist you purchase it before march, you can do that now, and ask them to store it for you until 1st march then register it and you can collect. I'm sure its the financial transaction they want to do earlier, not registering.
Thank you for that, a good point I am sure, I will use that if I have to, its only around 2 weeks tops..
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 03:04 AM   #109
ColC
Private
Rep

Quote:
Pretty sure it arrived there around 18th December and left last weekend

👍🏼
Mine arrived on the 22nd Dec, but is still in Bremerhaven soaking up the salty air.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2022, 03:06 AM   #110
ColC
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathanhh View Post

Isnt the road tax/showroom tax included in the price, hence they would have to do all the paper work again?
Appreciate 1
55JWB1.50