swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 40!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSTON3 View Post
Had the chance to check out the LCI and really did like the interior in person. With my car being brand new (bought it in Feb 2023) I have been thinking I want to make the jump and get the most recent technology, little more HP and the M Sport exhaust. Also like the idea of the newer driver assistance pro package. Mine had a sticker of about 74k and the new one will be about 80. Any idea what I can expect to lose on trade in? Will most likely order in June/July and have 5 - 6k miles on mine by then. It’s an MSport, alpine white, brown sensafin, premium package DAP, parking package, etc. Thanks in advance. Can’t find any pricing from KBB, etc.
They will want 16 difference in trade and if your really lucky you will get 14,000 difference . In all reality, it’s not worth paying the difference until the new body style comes out . To me after looking at the new lci in person .I’m not overly excited on the dash with the new instrument cluster to me. It looks like an add-on . The XM bmw looks great . It is on the design of the dashboard. The current X5 looks like they slapped it on there. Ergonomically it’s not attractive and I’m not crazy about the new front bumper.it makes the x5 look too pointed and the front end design of the plastic being black .If the whole car is black it’s not a problem but in a color it looks horrible., I’m not overly excited about the redesign not sure I would buy another one I think you’ve got the best of the best until the new redesign X5 comes out. The technology is not worth paying for.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 10:55 PM   #24
BOSTON3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by swainbmw View Post
They will want 16 difference in trade and if your really lucky you will get 14,000 difference . In all reality, it’s not worth paying the difference until the new body style comes out . To me after looking at the new lci in person .I’m not overly excited on the dash with the new instrument cluster to me. It looks like an add-on . The XM bmw looks great . It is on the design of the dashboard. The current X5 looks like they slapped it on there. Ergonomically it’s not attractive and I’m not crazy about the new front bumper.it makes the x5 look too pointed and the front end design of the plastic being black .If the whole car is black it’s not a problem but in a color it looks horrible., I’m not overly excited about the redesign not sure I would buy another one I think you’ve got the best of the best until the new redesign X5 comes out. The technology is not worth paying for.

Thanks and appreciate the feedback. I had a lease expiring and needed to make a move. The 2024 wasn’t out. I got a great deal at almost 9% off including incentives and ended up paying cash.

Will see what the dealer can do but based on this feedback and the minor changes, may not jump. $10k or so financially isn’t a big deal, but probably should drive the 2024 and make sure it’s worth it to me.

Thanks again - will update once I make a decision.
Appreciate 3
Mattl0806999.50
1230vani660.00
      05-17-2023, 10:59 PM   #25
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOSTON3 View Post
Thanks and appreciate the feedback. I had a lease expiring and needed to make a move. The 2024 wasn’t out. I got a great deal at almost 9% off including incentives and ended up paying cash.

Will see what the dealer can do but based on this feedback and the minor changes, may not jump. $10k or so financially isn’t a big deal, but probably should drive the 2024 and make sure it’s worth it to me.
Thanks again - will update once I make

Yes, I’d like to drive a new one 2024. Also I’m not happy with the ride of this car I feel it’s two floaty rides like a Cadillac or something. Hopefully they have adjusted the suspension to be more a bit more firmer
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 11:07 PM   #26
Mattl0806
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw

Garage List
2022 x5 m50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks again - will update once I make

Yes, I’d like to drive a new one 2024. Also I’m not happy with the ride of this car I feel it’s two floaty rides like a Cadillac or something. Hopefully they have adjusted the suspension to be more a bit more firmer
I don’t think they have.

Have you tried air suspension? I don’t particularly like the x5 suspensions either.

Some people say air is more floaty but I find the air to be better overall, smoother.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 11:12 PM   #27
Mattl0806
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 x5 m50i  [0.00]
If the suspension / handling is a very high priority for your suv - cayenne is the way to go. That topic has been beaten to death recently.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 11:13 PM   #28
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattl0806 View Post
I don’t think they have.

Have you tried air suspension? I don’t particularly like the x5 suspensions either.

Some people say air is more floaty but I find the air to be better overall, smoother.
Well, I’ve had a lot of air suspensions on land rovers over the years and have always liked them, but reading on here they say the x5 very floaty I’m just not crazy about these suspensions riding so soft I live in West Virginia. We have a lot of back roads two lanes, very curvy and the cars all over the road. Almost like a tipping feeling left and right. Just entirely too soft and to much body roll. I also have a Toyota Tacoma with the fox suspension and it actually rides better doesn’t handle better but rides more stiffer less body roll .
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2023, 11:18 PM   #29
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If the suspension / handling is a very high priority for your suv - cayenne is the way to go. That topic has been beaten to death recently.

Honestly, I can’t stand the jellybean look of the body style. Therefore, I won’t even bother trying to drive one. My cousin has one and she’s very happy with it. I just can’t stand the looks of it.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2023, 02:29 PM   #30
Mattl0806
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 x5 m50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Honestly, I can’t stand the jellybean look of the body style. Therefore, I won’t even bother trying to drive one. My cousin has one and she’s very happy with it. I just can’t stand the looks of it.
So what’s the solution here for you?
Porsche no good on looks.
Bmw no good on suspension.

Interested to hear if you found some other suv to be a better fit? Sq7?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2023, 03:16 AM   #31
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
So what’s the solution here for you?
Porsche no good on looks.
Bmw no good on suspension.

Interested to hear if you found some other suv to be a better fit? Sq7?
Probably more like the Range Rover sport not a Audi fan either.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2023, 06:35 AM   #32
fr_tz
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90/G05 50e

Garage List
2024 G05 50e  [9.50]
Quote:
Probably more like the Range Rover sport not a Audi fan either.
Have you driven an X5 with air or just formulating an opinion on comments you’ve read?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2023, 06:41 AM   #33
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr_tz View Post
Have you driven an X5 with air or just formulating an opinion on comments you’ve read?
No I currently have an X5 2022 m suspension with 22s I’m just not happy with the suspension . The main reason is when you go over rough surfaces. If you’re turning like the left or right, I feel like the body has a lot of role in it especially over rough surfaces. It feels like your getting rock back and forth
Appreciate 1
Mattl0806999.50
      05-21-2023, 06:54 AM   #34
Mattl0806
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 x5 m50i  [0.00]
Quote:
No I currently have an X5 2022 m suspension with 22s I’m just not happy with the suspension . The main reason is when you go over rough surfaces. If you’re turning like the left or right, I feel like the body has a lot of role in it especially over rough surfaces. It feels like your getting rock back and forth
I agree with this. You rock back n forth, worse than other cars I’ve driven, on low speed turns over uneven road surfaces. Not trying to exaggerate here -but Feels a bit like you are off-roading - I guess that’s just the stiffness of the whole platform, helps with handling.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2023, 06:57 AM   #35
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
OK I’m glad you understand. It’s not a good feeling. I feel like my Toyota tocoma trd rides better less body roll. I wonder if there’s any way to correct this ?lower spring hr ? Then again, I feel like that might make it stiffer and ride worse.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2023, 07:22 AM   #36
Mattl0806
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 x5 m50i  [0.00]
Quote:
OK I’m glad you understand. It’s not a good feeling. I feel like my Toyota tocoma trd rides better less body roll. I wonder if there’s any way to correct this ?lower spring hr ? Then again, I feel like that might make it stiffer and ride worse.
Yea I’m not very knowledgeable with this stuff. Maybe smaller wheels running on less tire pressure?

I haven’t driven the new range so not sure what that’s like. However, I did watch a review, and despite the air suspension,they said it did get quite unsettled over bumps. I think it was throttle house and I believe they are pretty credible.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2023, 07:26 AM   #37
swainbmw
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
I did see that also and it discouraged me from going and driving one I’m going to anyway I had many Land Rovers over the years since 1995 probably 12 at least I always had a BMW car also . This is the only second x5 that I’ve had , and I’ve never been a fan of the way they drive and it’s mainly been suspension. And it may be because the X5 is a mid size SUV. I’m used to driving a bigger SUV that’s smoother. Also, it doesn’t help Where I live in West Virginia we have a horrible road conditions, lots of potholes, uneven pavement, nothing perfect with our roads that’s probably why I like driving the Trd because you really can’t feel it in the truck I’m just beginning to think that is Highline cars are just not designed for our roads
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2023, 09:48 AM   #38
Mattl0806
Major
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
2022 x5 m50i  [0.00]
Quote:
I did see that also and it discouraged me from going and driving one I’m going to anyway I had many Land Rovers over the years since 1995 probably 12 at least I always had a BMW car also . This is the only second x5 that I’ve had , and I’ve never been a fan of the way they drive and it’s mainly been suspension. And it may be because the X5 is a mid size SUV. I’m used to driving a bigger SUV that’s smoother. Also, it doesn’t help Where I live in West Virginia we have a horrible road conditions, lots of potholes, uneven pavement, nothing perfect with our roads that’s probably why I like driving the Trd because you really can’t feel it in the truck I’m just beginning to think that is Highline cars are just not designed for our roads
Let us know what you think of the range.

End of last year I went to the dealer a few times and sat in one. The interior is very upscale aside from the areas of gloss black and steering wheel buttons. The seats are prob the most comfortable I’ve ever felt. Unfortunately they never had a new one that I could drive - always sold units.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2023, 10:01 AM   #39
FCX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 50i

Quote:
A relative just got the new RRS. It can get very expensive with options. But the ride and interior is another level.
Appreciate 2
Mattl0806999.50
swainbmw528.50