BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-14-2019, 01:40 PM   #1
faztaz
08 X3 6spd
Rep
Drives: 13 X3 35i MSport

Connected Drive Issues

Have connected drive on an Samsung Galaxy phone. I am not able to get access to the vehicle (3D review, remote start, horn, etc). I tried removing and installing the user profile in the car, updating apps, and removing and reinstaling the app from the phone. I also called BMW genius and still no luck. Any recent issues with this and is there a solution? BMW genius suggested I go to the dealer to have this addressed but I would like to do this without having to take time off to drop off the car.

Of note it worked momentarily last week.

Last edited by faztaz; 11-14-2019 at 02:08 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 09:17 PM   #2
PeterCD
Rep
Drives: X5 GLC

I had this issue and it turned out I had not set up security questions in my website profile & somehow that deactivated me. At least that's what they said, and it worked after I addressed that.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 12:03 PM   #3
MotoWPK
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 128i vert, '14 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterCD View Post
I had this issue and it turned out I had not set up security questions in my website profile & somehow that deactivated me. At least that's what they said, and it worked after I addressed that.
Where did you find these security questions? I've checked the CD website under 'My data' and cannot find security questions anywhere.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 12:08 PM   #4
randybobandy
Rick James
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoWPK View Post
Where did you find these security questions? I've checked the CD website under 'My data' and cannot find security questions anywhere.
If you log in, on the main page under the picture of your vehicle, you’ll see “Manage vehicles” with an arrow. If you hit that, you should see a bunch of options. The top one should be relating to security questions. If you go there, it should be what you’re looking for.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2019, 03:23 PM   #5
MotoWPK
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by randybobandy View Post
If you log in, on the main page under the picture of your vehicle, you’ll see “Manage vehicles” with an arrow. If you hit that, you should see a bunch of options. The top one should be relating to security questions. If you go there, it should be what you’re looking for.
Found it, thanks. Will see when our X5 is returned from its first service if that helps.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2019, 10:57 AM   #6
MotoWPK
Lieutenant
Rep

With iDrive updated a couple of weeks ago I'd planned on contacting CD support to, once again, attempt to resolve the remote 3D view issue, a process I was not looking forward to nor with much expectation of success, based on prior experience (quick recap - after a month of effort after delivery it was working fine, then a few months later the site spontaneously reset our CD accounts and remote 3D view stopped working, reporting it was not enabled in the vehicle, tho' it was, several various attempts to correct it being unsuccessful). Issue had continued for the past couple of weeks since the iDrive update (to 07/2019.71).

This morning I opened the CD app on my phone and selected remote 3D view and - lo and behold, it works!

Why? I don't know. Yesterday the vehicle did 'lose' the weather app. Downloaded it again from the installed apps list, but when trying to add it to a window it did not appear as an available widget. Rebooted iDrive and then it appeared as an available widget and was able to successfully add it back to an iDrive window.

This had been the first time since the update that I'd rebooted iDrive. Is that what resolved the issue? I have no idea, much of CD remaining a mystery to me.
Appreciate 0