05-27-2020, 08:24 AM   #221
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep
Drives: 1997 Dinan m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
Can’t make an appointment?
My schedule is crazy right now, you know with being essential and all.

I usually get my hair cut at a place that has "clipz" or "Kutz" in the name, I dont think they take appointments. I keep checking the apps but its always over an hour wait when I get off work at 4:30 and they all close at 5.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8206.00
      05-27-2020, 08:41 AM   #222
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPOWER5266 View Post
My schedule is crazy right now, you know with being essential and all.

I usually get my hair cut at a place that has "clipz" or "Kutz" in the name, I dont think they take appointments. I keep checking the apps but its always over an hour wait when I get off work at 4:30 and they all close at 5.
Do they have a Roosters franchise near you? A little more money, but better cut and they take appointments. Might be worth a shot if you factor in value of wait time.
      05-27-2020, 08:43 AM   #223
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep

Quote:
Do they have a Roosters franchise near you? A little more money, but better cut and they take appointments. Might be worth a shot if you factor in value of wait time.
We don't have those near us. I have a friend that works at a nice salon that is trying to work me in.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 09:19 AM   #224
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
I got my hair highlighted today and my husband got his hair cut. Like 2 new people🤩
I have plenty of highlights, but they're all freakin gray. I need a cut and color soooo bad.
      05-27-2020, 09:22 AM   #225
saeyedoc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 Carrera S, 2013 Panny GTS

I got my hair cut the day they allowed it. Very small place, I know the owner. I wore an N95, would have left if I didn't have it. I walked in and neither the stylist or her client were wearing masks. Got called back to wash my hair, she didn't have one on either. They said they wore them in the morning, but it was too hard to work in them (try wearing an N95 all day like I do). I was ready to walk out when she asked me to take my mask off to wash my hair, she finally let me hold it on. Stylist says don't worry, I feel fine. Yeah, big comfort to hear that, I guess she never heard of asymptomatic carriers. She won't be getting any more of my business.
Appreciate 2
RickFLM410879.00
wdb4673.00
      05-27-2020, 09:38 AM   #226
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
I got my hair cut the day they allowed it. Very small place, I know the owner. I wore an N95, would have left if I didn't have it. I walked in and neither the stylist or her client were wearing masks. Got called back to wash my hair, she didn't have one on either. They said they wore them in the morning, but it was too hard to work in them (try wearing an N95 all day like I do). I was ready to walk out when she asked me to take my mask off to wash my hair, she finally let me hold it on. Stylist says don't worry, I feel fine. Yeah, big comfort to hear that, I guess she never heard of asymptomatic carriers. She won't be getting any more of my business.
Lady that cut my hair had a mask on the entire time, as did I. Granted, not N95 (since not available) but we both had masks on. She easily worked around mine. Of course she had a week and a half to practice on other people in my case. I saw this story as I was waiting for her:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/23/us/mi...rnd/index.html

Then there was another story the next about a second hairstylist. I stopped reading at that point.
Rmtt8206.00
      05-27-2020, 09:45 AM   #227
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Can’t make an appointment?
That's the way it is here. I just checked in online....got there and waited in the car.

They called me when they were ready for me!
      05-27-2020, 09:45 AM   #228
saeyedoc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 Carrera S, 2013 Panny GTS

I'm fine if others are wearing any kind of mask, I brought an N95 with me because I was concerned they wouldn't be, they're very hard to get, so I save mine for work.
Appreciate 1
wdb4673.00
      05-27-2020, 09:46 AM   #229
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Lady that cut my hair had a mask on the entire time, as did I. Granted, not N95 (since not available) but we both had masks on. She easily worked around mine. Of course she had a week and a half to practice on other people in my case. I saw this story as I was waiting for her:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/05/23/us/mi...rnd/index.html

Then there was another story the next about a second hairstylist. I stopped reading at that point.
Also the girl that cuts my hair...they all had certificates posted where they had been through a Covid training course and had it posted besides their license.

I thought it was pretty cool of them.
      05-27-2020, 10:52 AM   #230
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
The beach will be open for my annual girls week. I need my toes in the sand and a drink in my hand.
Our local was the first in Cali to allow passive beach use this past weekend. PD put cones at 60' to help people do their social distancing.

I sat in my chair in the back yard. Fell asleep for about an hour, and now I have this funky white line just below my moobs, and one just at my belt line OBVIOUSLY, they gym is open yet.

I'm scheduled to resume my 4-week massages on 6/12
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 10:59 AM   #231
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:
I got my hair highlighted today and my husband got his hair cut. Like 2 new people🤩
I have plenty of highlights, but they're all freakin gray. I need a cut and color soooo bad.
I didn't realize how dark my hair was until I got it highlighted. It was glorious. I feel so much brighter lol.

Are you able to get in anytime soon? Not sure what things are open where you are.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 11:01 AM   #232
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
The beach will be open for my annual girls week. I need my toes in the sand and a drink in my hand.
Our local was the first in Cali to allow passive beach use this past weekend. PD put cones at 60' to help people do their social distancing.

I sat in my chair in the back yard. Fell asleep for about an hour, and now I have this funky white line just below my moobs, and one just at my belt line OBVIOUSLY, they gym is open yet.

I'm scheduled to resume my 4-week massages on 6/12
I'm getting a 90 minute massage today and can't wait! I also just went to the dentist but that's nothing exciting at all. Knocking out all the appointments this week.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 11:12 AM   #233
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
I didn't realize how dark my hair was until I got it highlighted. It was glorious. I feel so much brighter lol.

Are you able to get in anytime soon? Not sure what things are open where you are.
Nothing is open. We're still on lockdown with no openings in the foreseeable future. Our idiot mayor and governor say that phase 1 might be mid June but Salons won't be until phase 3.

I should have gone the Friday before they closed everything in mid March. It's been 5 months. It's bad...... So bad I may have to consider dying my own hair but I still think the result will be worse than my current state.
      05-27-2020, 11:19 AM   #234
wdb
dances with roads
Rep
Drives: '07 E86, '02 996, '95 Seven

Quote:
Originally Posted by saeyedoc View Post
Stylist says don't worry, I feel fine. Yeah, big comfort to hear that, I guess she never heard of asymptomatic carriers. She won't be getting any more of my business.
I was buying beer last week at one of the little shops near here. Masks are mandatory here in stores. I was at the checkout when a lady came to the door, "do I need a mask?" Guy at the counter waved her in. I told him if he does that again when I'm inside the store I will not be back. He shrugged. So now I need a new place to find Troeg's.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 12:57 PM   #235
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
I was buying beer last week at one of the little shops near here. Masks are mandatory here in stores. I was at the checkout when a lady came to the door, "do I need a mask?" Guy at the counter waved her in. I told him if he does that again when I'm inside the store I will not be back. He shrugged. So now I need a new place to find Troeg's.
That is happening everywhere. Not sure why they bother putting signs up that say it is mandatory if it isn't. They should just say they request people to wear masks. That way no one gets pissed if that's what they plan to do.
      05-27-2020, 01:17 PM   #236
MPOWER5266
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Good news. A friend from work, her mother is 82, in an alzheimers facility. Has had several medical issues in the past year. The facility got around 50 cases (20 of the staff), one is case is her mother. Her mother had COVID-19 and pneumonia. Her mom is out of ICU and declared a successful recovery.

A stout woman to say the least.
Great news. My wife's grandfather is 90 with dementia and had Covid-19. Zero symptoms and tested negative the other day.
Appreciate 2
wdb4673.00
Rmtt8206.00
      05-27-2020, 01:20 PM   #237
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
People. This is "The encouraging news despite COVID-19 thread". Take your debbie-downer-masks-don't-work bulls==t elsewhere, mmmkay?
I'm not trying to be downer at all. I do feel that fear and lack of rationale/scientific thinking is winning out the battle though.

I live in the Kansas City metro. Kansas is currently forecasted to have whopping 235 deaths from COVID by August. That's 39 deaths a month in a state of 3M with over 1.5M living in the KC metro area. Projections have varied between 200 to 400 over the past few months. Simply put, I think it's promising to see that in more suburban and spread out areas of the country, where most of us live, COVID is being squashed. That's good news.

My 75 y/o widowed mother who had major back surgery in January contracted COVID from her back therapy PT in late March. She's on a ton of medication for high blood pressure, arthritis, and a knee replacement. She weathered a 103 fever, the worst headache of her life (so she says), and a cough that felt like it was going to break her ribs. She had to deal with this all by herself at home. Guess what? She, just like the majority in this country including the elderly, survived it and she's fine now.

COVID is certainly a dangerous thing and is concerning, but don't buy into the fear that you should live in a hole until it passes because the chances are very very low that it will kill you or leave you with physical damage to your body. Get on with your life and enjoy it.
wdb4673.00
Rmtt8206.00
      05-27-2020, 01:28 PM   #238
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Nothing is open. We're still on lockdown with no openings in the foreseeable future. Our idiot mayor and governor say that phase 1 might be mid June but Salons won't be until phase 3.

I should have gone the Friday before they closed everything in mid March. It's been 5 months. It's bad...... So bad I may have to consider dying my own hair but I still think the result will be worse than my current state.

Oh damn, that's brutal. I do my own roots with Wella hair color in between but would have resorted to some drastic regrettable measures if I was stuck that long. You should go for one of those really cool silver grey dyes & just do an all over.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 01:32 PM   #239
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Masks aren't mandatory in Kansas City. The only place I can think of that's requiring them of customers is Costco. When going into stores, I'd say about 30-50% of the customers are wearing them and that number seems to be dwindling. Most store employees are wearing them, but many have them pulled down below their nose or they pull them completely off when no one is around. Of course, then their potentially contaminated hand re-seats the mask when a customer comes up.

I have a handful of employees that have had to do audits at smaller manufacturing facilities in KY, MO, and KS over the past two weeks. My staff said they were the only one wearing a mask and it seemed like business as usual at the facilities and towns they were visiting, meaning hardly any masks (except for most elderly), no real social distancing, etc.

Numbers in the Midwest are going down overall which is great. There have been a few major outbreaks at meat packing plants in western Kansas and north KC which really inflated our numbers by the thousands, but a whopping 70% of those workers that got it were asymptomatic which is great too. It also makes me wonder just how many have really been infected when the CDC says 40-50% of those infected are asymptomatic and the recent meat packing plant data is showing an even higher percentage.

Last edited by XutvJet; 05-27-2020 at 01:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2020, 01:50 PM   #240
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by XutvJet View Post
meaning hardly any masks (except for most elderly), no real social distancing, etc.
I am not elderly

Not not not not NOT!!!!!!!!

oh, and make sure your staff stay off my lawn!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 01:17 PM   #241
Nuckle
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 Defender X

XX
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
rebekahb3128.50
      05-29-2020, 01:18 PM   #242
infinitekidM2C