BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-06-2018, 02:44 PM   #23
PhatBoyG
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Garage List
You are all overthinking this stuff, there is no new order guide, the options are exactly the same. Just skip the configuration and give your dealer a build list from the order guide.

The Pro has been a minor addition to the Plus, and still is just that. It isn't free, or included, or anything. It's the same price, just switched to the new order code.

Seriously, overthinking way too much, jeez.

TL;DR: Web developers screw stuff up all the time, stick to the order guide.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 03:29 PM   #24
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlustMD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
On June 5, 2018, BMW issued a press release that described the features of Driving Assistance Professional this way:

"
Available as an option, the Driving Assistant Professional package is comprised of the Traffic Jam Assist with extended hands-off time (expected to be available from 12/2018) as well as
- more -
- 8 -
the Lane Keeping Assistant with active side collision protection. The Automatic Lane Change feature can be used on highways when the Lane Keeping Assistant is active. Holding the direction indicator in the required direction is all it takes to initiate a lane change. If the sensors detect that there is space in the adjacent lane and that no other vehicle is approaching at high speed, the driver benefits from helpful steering assistance during the lane change. Another component of the system is the evasion aid, which can help avoid collisions with vehicles or pedestrians suddenly appearing in the driver's path. As soon as an evasive maneuver corresponding to such a scenario is detected, the system assists the driver with steering inputs to direct the vehicle into a clear adjacent lane."

The updated configurator makes no mention of the lane changing features mentioned in the press release.

Without the lane change features, its not clear (to me) what the advantage is over standard features.

I will contact my CA and ask. If anybody else gets an answer, please share. Thanks.

So the CA with Dealer 1 is now stating that Driving Assistant Pro is same as the old Driving Assistant Plus. The build of my car has Driving Assistant Plus and the CA told me yesterday that Plus is standard on all models now. Therefore, when I asked for discount of 1700$ for the Plus, she checked with her dealership and now says the Plus is now Professional and costs 1700$.
I am confused. Does anyone know if Driving Assist Plus is same as Professional?
They are different things like I said. You get the infrared camera which monitors the driver unlike normal ACC. Steering wheel buttons are different too. See the below image
Attached Images

2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 05:27 PM   #25
Zoltrix
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 (G05)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
They are different things like I said. You get the infrared camera which monitors the driver unlike normal ACC. Steering wheel buttons are different too. See the below image
They are not that different. I have Plus and it has the IR camera and steering wheel buttons look like the third picture. The only difference i know is that pro can be hands off at higher speeds than plus.

In my plus, at jammed traffic, the car manages itself fully without the need to touch the steering wheel. But the speed limit is quite low, something less than 10 mph as far as I can tell. I know IR camera is there and works as well because if I take my eyes off of the road for some time, or if I block the view of the IR camera, hands off driving warns me and stops driving.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 05:42 PM   #26
vertrkr
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive40i

I just ordered today and the only option was the Pro version for $1700, no Plus. Dealer had no clue but I'll take it for the same price.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 06:10 PM   #27
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltrix View Post
Quote:
They are not that different. I have Plus and it has the IR camera and steering wheel buttons look like the third picture. The only difference i know is that pro can be hands off at higher speeds than plus.

In my plus, at jammed traffic, the car manages itself fully without the need to touch the steering wheel. But the speed limit is quite low, something less than 10 mph as far as I can tell. I know IR camera is there and works as well because if I take my eyes off of the road for some time, or if I block the view of the IR camera, hands off driving warns me and stops driving.
Interesting, I might be completely wrong then. I thought there were more differences but I'll have to see when I get mine.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2018, 07:27 PM   #28
mnewnam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 Mineral White X5MC

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoltrix View Post
Quote:

Interesting, I might be completely wrong then. I thought there were more differences but I'll have to see when I get mine.
Only difference is software from what I was told. I also saw a rumor on this forum that BMW is contemplating OTA updates that add functionality like Tesla does, but for a fee. Depending on the cost I'd probably upgrade my Plus to Pro for some more hands off driving through traffic.
Appreciate 0