07-22-2021, 04:13 PM   #1
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
[uk] current pricing

I've been looking to see if it makes sense to crossgrade my 30d to a 45e. To do that I tried to re-price my 30d on the configurator and the result is crazy.
If I select the options I have with packages and so on, I get a /lesser car/ for £6k+ more.
+ No more HK audio
+ No more wifi hotspot (sure never used it, but I paid for it)
+ No windows blind (unless I take the £5k option that gives me "scented air")
+ No more fog lights.
+ No more wireless charging.
+ (hot and cold cup holder is still there, but I understand it's going to go away)

Huh.
      07-30-2021, 04:48 PM   #2
yxslx
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Im noticing similar, I've got a friend with a M50d who is paying £200 a month less than im being quoted on an exact same spec x40d. His deposit was way less too..

All posts where I find a price from a few years ago seem to pay less for the same cars.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 03:38 AM   #3
buze
Owner
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G05 30d M-Sport

Garage List
Yes I'm in the same boat -- the 45e would be around ~83k while my "fairly loaded" 30d was under £70k.
And the 45e would have less features than my current car, Also APR is 3.9 while mine is 2.9, so my payments would jump to nearly £900 from £770. So I backed out.

If it doesn't get better I'll take a loaded X3 next year (a maxed out X3 is <£65k!) for a couple of years while the X5 LCI comes out.
      07-31-2021, 09:25 AM   #4
330dMSXD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40d LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
Yes I'm in the same boat -- the 45e would be around ~83k while my "fairly loaded" 30d was under £70k.
And the 45e would have less features than my current car, Also APR is 3.9 while mine is 2.9, so my payments would jump to nearly £900 from £770. So I backed out.

If it doesn't get better I'll take a loaded X3 next year (a maxed out X3 is <£65k!) for a couple of years while the X5 LCI comes out.
I was in the same predicament!

I ordered a fully loaded X5 3.0d M-SPort in April with a showroom price of £86K. Unfortunately, i had to cancel due to no HK and after spending £20k on factory options I wasnt going to add another £3k for the B&W as much as I would have like to.

I recently revisted my X5 order, hopefull that I could re-order only to find that the same spec even without HK it was nearly £3k more expensive.

I have now placed an order for a X3 LCI M40d M-Sport fully loaded for £66k a full £20k cheaper than my X5 order

.....just hoping this order doesnt suffer the same fallout that my X5 order did
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 01:44 PM   #5
CheesyPeas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by buze View Post
I've been looking to see if it makes sense to crossgrade my 30d to a 45e. To do that I tried to re-price my 30d on the configurator and the result is crazy.
If I select the options I have with packages and so on, I get a /lesser car/ for £6k+ more.
+ No more HK audio
+ No more wifi hotspot (sure never used it, but I paid for it)
+ No windows blind (unless I take the £5k option that gives me "scented air")
+ No more fog lights.
+ No more wireless charging.
+ (hot and cold cup holder is still there, but I understand it's going to go away)

Huh.
Poor… can’t see how they can get away with it.
Appreciate 0