04-08-2023, 01:32 PM   #1
Brian10596
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, Subaru Outback

Mud flap placement?

I just purchased from Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...e?ie=UTF8&th=1

I just wanted to get an opinion on how much of it should be left exposed on both the side and bottom edge as well if the front and rear should have the same exposure or different.
My goal is to leave the least amount exposed for it to be effective this answer is currently a puzzle for me.
For installation I intend on using a heat gun to soften the flap so it will conform better the the fender wall where I will attach with 3m double sided trim tape I will also use a hardening promoter to strengthen the attachment and possibly a few clips if necessary.
Thanks in advance for your advice
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2023, 08:26 AM   #2
icj_45e
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 23 X5 45e

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1&postcount=61
Here is pic of Carbon Guards @carbonguards on IG. Less is more. Please post pics when you complete the install
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2023, 11:33 AM   #3
Brian10596
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5, Subaru Outback

I was told by someone who does installation of mud flaps for a large commercial truck maintenance company that the the flap should extent from car the same distance as the tires I really didn’t care for the way they were done on the picture posted by Icj-45e they just look unbalanced but that’s just my opinion they may be fully functional I just don’t like the look. I’ll have my installed in a week or so I’ll post photos
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2023, 10:00 PM   #4
Dr. Jekyll
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian10596 View Post
I was told by someone who does installation of mud flaps for a large commercial truck maintenance company that the the flap should extent from car the same distance as the tires I really didn’t care for the way they were done on the picture posted by Icj-45e they just look unbalanced but that’s just my opinion they may be fully functional I just don’t like the look. I’ll have my installed in a week or so I’ll post photos
Any chance of sharing the photos?
Appreciate 0