BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-19-2016, 01:26 PM   #1
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Glacier silver F36

Interesting article on the NBA finals being fixed

So this article is pretty interesting....they interview Tim Donaghy (the ref who was busted for game fixes), and he gives his take on it. He predicted which refs the NBA will select to support his theory.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ls-rigged.html

“The NBA releases the (officiating) assignments at 9 a.m. on Sunday. I’m gonna guess them now and we can see if I’m right,” said Tim Donaghy. “Danny Crawford, Monty Mccutchen, and Duke Callahan. You watch.”

And what do you know, guess who the refs are....

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/6/1...ls-2016-game-7

The NBA announced the officials for Game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals early on Sunday: Danny Crawford, Mike Callahan and Monty Mccutcheon.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2016, 01:58 PM   #2
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

hahah..interesting stuff for sure. every year the more and more people are realizing the nba is fixed
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 12:33 AM   #3
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
hahah..interesting stuff for sure. every year the more and more people are realizing the nba is fixed
Realizing? So it's a fact that the games are fixed?!
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 09:30 AM   #4
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///WORK-F36 View Post
So this article is pretty interesting....they interview Tim Donaghy (the ref who was busted for game fixes), and he gives his take on it. He predicted which refs the NBA will select to support his theory.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ls-rigged.html

“The NBA releases the (officiating) assignments at 9 a.m. on Sunday. I’m gonna guess them now and we can see if I’m right,” said Tim Donaghy. “Danny Crawford, Monty Mccutchen, and Duke Callahan. You watch.”

And what do you know, guess who the refs are....

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/6/1...ls-2016-game-7

The NBA announced the officials for Game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals early on Sunday: Danny Crawford, Mike Callahan and Monty Mccutcheon.
You've literally got to be nuts, or not understand basic mathematics and how the principal of random variation applies to gameplay.

For fucks sake, the games aren't fixed. This is the same type of conspiracy theory logic as 9/11.

Just because a string of calls goes one way or the other isn't fixing. It's mathematics. Random variation is a thing.

Get it through your head. Conspiricy theories are never right, and it just makes you look crazy.

Soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 09:54 AM   #5
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Quote:

and why not.. libor markets are fixed, precious metals, etc proven to be fixed
everything else which makes anyone lots of money seems to have dirty hands in there

yea everyday more and more people wake up to the fact yes there is bribery and cheating going on.. they think in an infantile way that everyone plays fairly
yes most people do play fair but the few guys who dont have a huge incentive not to.. $$$$$$ boatloads..

Im still smarting from when they rigged that Lakers Kings series.. everyone knew the Kings beat the lakers.. the calls were horrendous.. and lo and behold.. ref rigged it

Last edited by insanecoder; 06-20-2016 at 10:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 10:00 AM   #6
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
everything else which makes anyone lots of money seems to have dirty hands in there

yea everyday more and more people wake up to the fact yes there is bribery and cheating going on.. they think in an infantile way that everyone plays fairly
yes most people do play fair but the few guys who dont have a huge incentive not to.. $$$$$$ boatloads..
Jesus Christ, you're kidding right?

You're logic is "they make more money this way therefore it's rigged".

That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. There is random variation in the gameplay that you're interpreting as fixing, but what it comes down to is simply statistics playing themselves out.

It's embarrassing that people can think this way. It's the type of logic that's susceptible to believing 9/11 was a setup.

Use your head, the league isn't fixed. It's simply random variation occurring and when it doesn't work out a certain way, fans come up with this type of bullshit.

Your opinion is a belief. You have no proof. You are simply associating making more money with being rigged.

News flash, those aren't necessarily tied together.

Point is, the nba is not fixed. There are too many occurrences within the game which have a much greater effect compared to what you think is fixing that it would be insignificant anyways.

Please, for the love of God, cut the conspiracy theories. They're simply a red flag for 'hey, I'm either crazy or I don't understand how statistics and probability work'.

Soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 10:10 AM   #7
insanecoder
Banned
Rep
Drives: 340isDrive

Ok and whatre you like 18 years old? grow up and put some years behind you then tell me how the world works
World aint like the fairy tales you accustomed to reading.. learn some real history and see how things works and have worked
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 10:15 AM   #8
Adem1534
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok and whatre you like 18 years old? grow up and put some years behind you then tell me how the world works
World aint like the fairy tales you accustomed to reading.. learn some real history and see how things works and have worked
No, I'm not 18. Funny that you say I'm living in a fairy tale, you're literally acting exactly how I expected. Your opinion is a belief.

Learn some history. Jesus. As if that supports your position. You completely ignored my scientific and mathematics explanations. 9/11 was totally a setup, man, the story just makes too much sense! Just because your idea fits a narrative doesn't mean it's true. That's not proof or supporting evidence.

You're running on a gut feeling. Not very reasonable or legitimate.

Oh, and even if I was 18, you'd still be dodging my mathematical points with beliefs.

Oh and again, past history isn't present proof. Pretty clear distinction.

Soon.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2016, 12:09 PM   #9
///WORK-F36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Glacier silver F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adem1534 View Post
You've literally got to be nuts, or not understand basic mathematics and how the principal of random variation applies to gameplay.

For fucks sake, the games aren't fixed. This is the same type of conspiracy theory logic as 9/11.

Just because a string of calls goes one way or the other isn't fixing. It's mathematics. Random variation is a thing.

Get it through your head. Conspiricy theories are never right, and it just makes you look crazy.
You really need to calm the hell down

It's an article which I said was interesting, I never proclaimed anything as fact.

So get it through your head to focus on reading comprehension, and also work on your grammar and spelling
Appreciate 1
      06-20-2016, 12:16 PM   #10
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:

Im still smarting from when they rigged that Lakers Kings series.. everyone knew the Kings beat the lakers.. the calls were horrendous.. and lo and behold.. ref rigged it

Even if it was fixed to go to 7 games...how do you explain why the Warriors lost? Does the NBA make more money with a Cavs championship than Warriors championship ?

Hold on..let me get my tin foil hat on before you attempt to explain this to me and embarrass yourself
      06-20-2016, 12:17 PM   #11
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

I concur
Appreciate 0