Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by X54TH View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lights View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottMZ3 View Post
I think the suggestion of only having 1 iPhone set to CarPlay may have helped a bit. I removed both our phones, re-paired my wife's with CarPlay enabled...then re-paired mine with just the BMW iDrive mode. So far it seems like my wife's phone is now connecting to CarPlay each morning when she leaves even though my phone is still within range.

Thank you for the suggestion! I'm hoping this "workaround" continues to work!

Now if I could just get the BMW Care and Experience modes to show up.
A couple of responses to this.

1. I have problems with CarPlay even when mine is the only phone in the vicinity.

2. Can someone point me to the Care and Experience modes? What are they, where would I find them in iDrive, and why would I want them?
I don't have any CarPlay issues. I have 03/2019.45 and Caring Car and Experience Modes are missing. They are aware of the issue and we should be receiving an OTA shortly that will add these features.
You should see experience mode and caring car under car menu. Climate control rules underA/C menu. I see connected command in the app but don't know why it's show blue sedan for driving guidance.
Attached Images

Last edited by Usher9387; 05-25-2019 at 08:33 AM..
Appreciate 3
X54TH893.00
Xeno313.00
      05-25-2019, 08:44 AM   #24
X54TH
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usher9387 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think the suggestion of only having 1 iPhone set to CarPlay may have helped a bit. I removed both our phones, re-paired my wife's with CarPlay enabled...then re-paired mine with just the BMW iDrive mode. So far it seems like my wife's phone is now connecting to CarPlay each morning when she leaves even though my phone is still within range.

1. I have problems with CarPlay even when mine is the only phone in the vicinity.

2. Can someone point me to the Care and Experience modes? What are they, where would I find them in iDrive, and why would I want them?
I don't have any CarPlay issues. I have 03/2019.45 and Caring Car and Experience Modes are missing. They are aware of the issue and we should be receiving an OTA shortly that will add these features.
You should see experience mode and caring car under car menu. Climate control rules underA/C menu. I see connected command in the app but don't know why it's show blue sedan for driving guidance.
Excellent. Thanks for the pics! I have the same software version but none of those options in iDrive.

Also, I never knew those options existed in ConnectedDrive App. I'm wondering if that is a US thing versus a Canadian thing.

Really appreciate the info. This was the first time I'm seeing these feature pics posted. Thanks!
2021 330i XDrive Alpine White M-Sport
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 08:46 AM   #25
Usher9387
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Excellent. Thanks for the pics! I have the same software version but none of those options in iDrive.

Also, I never knew those options existed in ConnectedDrive App. I'm wondering if that is a US thing versus a Canadian thing.

Really appreciate the info. This was the first time I'm seeing these feature pics posted. Thanks!
I'm in Canada and using Canadian app too.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 08:46 AM   #26
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm in Canada and using Canadian app too.
Lol. I didn't see who posted it. Damn! I don't have it.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 08:57 AM   #27
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
I uninstalled and reinstalled the App and I don't get any of those features. O also get this every time I go into selecting the X5. Yet my account does have ConnectedDrive +.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 11:46 AM   #28
cataitu
Private
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: X5 F15 M50d

I've just seen now the message to update came when stopping the car. It says it'll take about 20 minutes to be installed. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to do it now but will do it later on this evening.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 11:47 AM   #29
cataitu
Private
Luxembourg
Rep

I've just seen now the message to update came when stopping the car. It says it'll take about 20 minutes to be installed. Unfortunately I didn't have the time to do it now but will do it later on this evening.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 12:41 PM   #30
AshD
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW iX 40 2022

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataitu View Post
Do you know how is this process to update actually going? I'm having 03/2019.45 in the menu described as "preparation for the new version completed. You'll be notified when this is ready for installation". Is this an automated process while the car is in park mode or will I have to go to a dealer for the job? Thanks
Just out of curiosity do ou have the Experience Modes?
Is there any info anywhere on what experience mode is?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 03:08 PM   #31
X54TH
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshD View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cataitu View Post
Do you know how is this process to update actually going? I'm having 03/2019.45 in the menu described as "preparation for the new version completed. You'll be notified when this is ready for installation". Is this an automated process while the car is in park mode or will I have to go to a dealer for the job? Thanks
Just out of curiosity do ou have the Experience Modes?
Is there any info anywhere on what experience mode is?
It's right here.

Latest Software Version and what it does https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1610887
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 04:55 PM   #32
cataitu
Private
Luxembourg
Rep

Well, it went OK. Funny noises while updating but it came back to life after about 30 minutes. Can't seem to get it to work for the connected drive app in the car thus lost the weather widget or the ability to add it to the home screen. The rest seem to be OK. Night vision did not work from the start but I drove for a few km and it came back as well. No extra features from what I could see.
Appreciate 0