BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-02-2019, 02:20 PM   #1
joeruby1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 Volvo XC90 Inscription

12v/Cigarette Lighter Fuse location

can anyone help me with the location of the 12v socket/cigarette lighter fuse location? it doesn't seem to be at the fuse box in the cargo area on the right side, so there must be another one

someone broke my phone car charger and it seems that it blew the fuse, the outlets in the cup holder and behind the front center console stopped working. the one in the cargo area seems to be working fine

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 04:51 PM   #2
mandomedic122
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2019 X5M G05, Mini 2016 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeruby1 View Post
can anyone help me with the location of the 12v socket/cigarette lighter fuse location? it doesn't seem to be at the fuse box in the cargo area on the right side, so there must be another one

someone broke my phone car charger and it seems that it blew the fuse, the outlets in the cup holder and behind the front center console stopped working. the one in the cargo area seems to be working fine

Thanks in advance
Here is what I found, hope it helps you out.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Front right power distribution box.pdf (101.6 KB, 157 views)
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2019, 04:56 PM   #3
imyb
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50D

There is a known issue with the 12V in the cup holder and behind the centre console. It seems BMW has changed the design, my original adapters which worked fine in all my previous cars just won't work in the G05. I had to order new ones which worked perfectly.
There is a lengthy discussion about this particular issue in another thread on this forum.
Maybe this is your issue rather than a blown fuse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeruby1 View Post

Thanks in advance