BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-24-2024, 10:11 PM   #1
temidragon
Registered
Rep
Drives: X6 M60i

2025 BMW X6 M60i Check Engine Light

Hi all, new to the BMW world.
I placed an order for a 2024 BMW X6 M60i last year but because of the wait time it was converted to a 2025 year. I picked up the vehicle last Friday and on Saturday I noticed the check engine light was on.

I took it to the dealer on Monday, and they claimed the issue would be fixed replacing the entire infotainment cluster. I received the vehicle back on Wednesday, no check engine light and drove it home. I did not drive the vehicle on Thursday. Then today, I had driven the vehicle for less than 7 miles when the check engine light came on.

I have read other threads with 2023 X5 50e and 2024 X7 M60i having similar issues. It seems the LCI X5/6/7 are having issues.

https://g05.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2025929
https://g07.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=2000190

I am really disappointed in myself for not doing proper research on BMW. And annoyed the service tech and sales guy pretending its an unheard of situation. I want check with others who have received their LCI X5/6/7 who may had issues like this so I can cut to the chase if this will require a lawyer to be involved.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2024, 12:16 AM   #2
JoeAyalaM
Lieutenant
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMWX5 M60i / Audi S6 V8TT

Sounds like a Lemmon case, that the dealer, nor BMW will ever accept.

I would lawyer up ASAP.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2024, 03:03 AM   #3
MG50eM
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2025 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAyalaM View Post
Sounds like a Lemmon case, that the dealer, nor BMW will ever accept.

I would lawyer up ASAP.

This is not good guidance and is not correct.

Depending on where you live, you must give BMW the opportunity to make repairs at least a certain number of times for a specific issue, or, for multiple different issues, leave the car with them for a certain number of days for repairs before the car qualifies as a lemon. Look up the lemon laws in your state - they are often very clear.

If they’ve reached the maximum number of attempts/days and you’re still having repeat problems, you should raise the issue with the GM of the dealership and/or BMW NA. They can look into a buyback or trade assist. It is not in their interest to have the car declared a lemon, so they look for alternatives for the customer before lawyers get involved.

I went through this with my 2024 50e and will be receiving a newly built 2025 50e through a trade assist due to 6 or 7 visits for attempted repairs.

If you lawyer up immediately, they may not be able to have much flexibility in their interactions/solutions for you and the process might be unnecessarily drawn out.

BMW does care about customer service from what I and many others have experienced.

Sorry you’re dealing with this - it is disappointing and frustrating for sure. I think if you go through the process with BMW, they’ll either make it right or make you whole. It’s in their best interest.
Appreciate 4
LDT2022.00
jphcbpa346.00
      05-26-2024, 07:24 AM   #4
MADBMWX5MC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5MC

^That's good advise. Question, your 6 to 7 visits, was it for the same reason or different reason each time?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2024, 08:35 AM   #5
MG50eM
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2025 X5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADBMWX5MC View Post
^That's good advise. Question, your 6 to 7 visits, was it for the same reason or different reason each time?
I was having repeat CELs known for the 50e plus a bunch of iDrive malfunctions that couldn’t seem to be addressed by resetting. Some of the issues were likely related but not all of them, hence the multiple visits.

They rebuilt the car’s computer modules multiple times, replaced a HV coolant valve (the known issue), then they blamed my level 2 charger for “not responding to the battery module controller when it was slowing charging towards the end of a charging session”, which was triggering multiple CELs (this was BS). Think they replaced that controller ultimately.

I was trying to be patient to see if they could get it figured out, but after a convergence of more computer related issues (a couple attempted emergency stops by the car for no reason while on the highway in DAP, iDrive continuously resetting functional settings and even failing to do an OTA update), they figured that the 1000 miles (out of 4000 total) of me driving to the dealership and their test driving and attempts to repair were enough to convince BMW NA to do a trade assist.

They did their best (both in trying to repair the car and in attempting to gaslight me on a few things to buy BMW some time to come up with fixes), but I’m happy to be moving into a new 2025 50e and hope for less gremlins. 🤞
Appreciate 0