BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

11-26-2020, 08:16 AM   #903
joaopedro1520
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBMW45E View Post
I'm not on the priority list sadly - I asked my dealer if I can be on it, they said it does not exist.

Thinking about placing an order for a pink unicorn to drive, I reckon it will arrive before the x5.

I have the feeling they are telling us anything to keep us "happy".
I was on a priority list and my car appears with a reservation date on the recall website, and its already on the way for testing. The app shows they are doing something with it since the hood is open
Appreciate 2
      11-26-2020, 08:32 AM   #904
jag sahota
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Nothing BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKBMW45E View Post
I'm not on the priority list sadly - I asked my dealer if I can be on it, they said it does not exist.

Thinking about placing an order for a pink unicorn to drive, I reckon it will arrive before the x5.

I have the feeling they are telling us anything to keep us "happy".

To be honest mate, is your dealer same as mine? Oblivious to the fact there is even a fix or cars are being fixed and they haven't been told and are being kept in the dark. Sytner Leicester are the head office for the Sytner BMW branch and I know more than them!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 09:27 AM   #905
Tom dew
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace33 View Post
Can you provide me with an info for WBATA610809D19542 ?
Vehicle Identification Number (VIN): WBATA610809D19542
Brand: BMW
There is an open safety related recall on this vehicle. Please go here to book an online appointment for your vehicle, or contact your local retailer here for more information. Recall code 0061670500.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 09:58 AM   #906
stevieb27
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e

FYI, I emailed my dealer this morning and asked for my options on ordering a new car. He is informing and will come back to me.
Like already mentioned by @martinmustang, the dealer indeed will have no problem selling it as a stock car with such waiting lists. I can then see what happens over the next weeks/months with the recall situation. I can then feel more relaxed knowing there is a new car with a delivery time on the way and in the mean time my mobility would be covered by BMW.

BTW, I did hear today that the possible waiting time if your car fails the test for the fix is 3 months!!!

What I also find strange is that everyone is on the priority list, everyone has been told the tests have started, everyone has been told a test takes 80-100 hours but nobody has any news on a result!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 11:29 AM   #907
menace33
Private First Class
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieb27 View Post
What I also find strange is that everyone is on the priority list, everyone has been told the tests have started, everyone has been told a test takes 80-100 hours but nobody has any news on a result!!!
Not quite true. Few people here said that their car have no more recall error. One even stated that his car notified him that he may proceed with charging.
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2020, 12:09 PM   #908
stevieb27
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace33 View Post
Not quite true. Few people here said that their car have no more recall error. One even stated that his car notified him that he may proceed with charging.
Ok I misunderstood then.

I thought I didn’t see any posts of people receiving their car after going through the testing process in ZeeBrugge.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 12:19 PM   #909
benoitvdb
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45E

recall

I got the information of my dealer that 120 cars have been tested so far and that 2 cars were NOT OK. Mine is still at the dealer and he will give me a notice when my car leaves to Zeebrugge.
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2020, 12:39 PM   #910
stevieb27
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benoitvdb View Post
I got the information of my dealer that 120 cars have been tested so far and that 2 cars were NOT OK. Mine is still at the dealer and he will give me a notice when my car leaves to Zeebrugge.
Much better info that I got from my dealer, he said 1/3 is failing!
I like 2/120 much better!

Has anyone here actually received official communication from a dealer that their car has being cleared from the testing and they are in the process of arranging delivery ?
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2020, 01:43 PM   #911
krisdv
///M Power
Belgium
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 - G05 X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieb27 View Post
Has anyone here actually received official communication from a dealer that their car has being cleared from the testing and they are in the process of arranging delivery ?
As mentioned in my earlier posts, my car arrived in Zeebrugge on Sep 20th, where it sat in the parking lot for 2 months (it never got to the dealer), it was transferred to test site on November 16th, recall website cleared it on November 24th and it arrived at the dealer on November 25th, delivery is scheduled for next week.
Appreciate 1
      11-26-2020, 02:00 PM   #912
stevieb27
Private
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisdv View Post
As mentioned in my earlier posts, my car arrived in Zeebrugge on Sep 20th, where it sat in the parking lot for 2 months (it never got to the dealer), it was transferred to test site on November 16th, recall website cleared it on November 24th and it arrived at the dealer on November 25th, delivery is scheduled for next week.
Super! That is great news. I expect more will follow soon.
Congratulations and best of luck next week!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 01:50 AM   #913
xvm_45e
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep

Interesting post on the German motor-talk.de forum, first pictures of a BMW test site!

https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/ausl...9#post60535879

I expected it too be a bit more "high-tech" ...
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 02:02 AM   #914
lexieke
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: X5

If my understanding of these pictures is correct - than this is really bad you can see all the lights of the cars are turned on. So in my thinking they are enabling everything they can to drain the battery as fast as possible - doesn't feel like new any more
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 03:53 AM   #915
volodp
Second Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 2021 G05 45e, 2022 iX40

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvm_45e View Post
I expected it too be a bit more "high-tech" ...
Well, I guess it's as high tech as you'd want it to be when you expect that some of them will start burning during the testing process... Probably needs to be outdoor, with enough space between the cars and the cars should be easy to remove quickly if there's a problem (fire) with one of them. So to me the pictures show just that, more or less.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 04:55 AM   #916
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

What get to me with all this, is the no one single word from BMW in any form or shape to us waiting expecting a new car to be delivered, not sure how new let along how safe the car will be? The issue as we know from the limited information we have, is down to contaminated battery cells, I don’t know about you, but I simply have problems understanding how a test consisting of charging the batteries will determine the safety going forward. If traces of debris inside the cells may ignite as result of a charge, the only solution in my book is to open and clean the cells as or simply replace them.
BMW is cutting corners, nothing less! Not what I expect from a so called premium brand, over 20 years with the brand, this may as well be the last one we order, we noticed a constant decline in the service side and now the quality on top, not when they charge premium prices.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2020, 07:30 AM   #917
xvm_45e
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodp View Post
Well, I guess it's as high tech as you'd want it to be when you expect that some of them will start burning during the testing process... Probably needs to be outdoor, with enough space between the cars and the cars should be easy to remove quickly if there's a problem (fire) with one of them. So to me the pictures show just that, more or less.
Valid points. Function over form I guess?
Appreciate 1
volodp193.50
      11-27-2020, 09:38 AM   #918
promy
Rep
Drives: x5 50e

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexieke View Post
If my understanding of these pictures is correct - than this is really bad you can see all the lights of the cars are turned on. So in my thinking they are enabling everything they can to drain the battery as fast as possible - doesn't feel like new any more
Thats correct: my dealer told me that they charge the battery about 10 times or so, while its connected to a computer that monitors the battery statistics (i guess they just plug it into the BMS to get the info for every cell). When it's fully charged, they turn on everything that consumes energy (seat heater, hot air, airco,lights,...) to drain the battery as fast as possible and repeat the process.

He also told me that there is no priority list. BMW Benelux first had one (a couple of weeks ago) but changed it (first it was 15% of the cars of the dealer, than 5% and then none).
They will call me when they want my car.... in the meantime i will keep getting 70€ in fuel cards a week...
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 09:44 AM   #919
menace33
Private First Class
Serbia
Rep

Garage List
Hi guys, any hope this week?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 02:03 PM   #920
Clippers015
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi Q7, 2013 BMW 328i

Although this bit of info might not be helpful to the international buyers, A few dealers here I have been working with in southern California have told me there are new X5e's that are on the train coming this week to the port that do not have a stop sale on them and that the ones that were on the lot that were sent to the port to get checked out, should be on their way back by mid December if they dont need a fix. Not sure if they are blowing smoke up my ass, but they seem more optimistic than last week.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 04:00 PM   #921
Chris-lsd
Rep
Drives: i3s,X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clippers015 View Post
Although this bit of info might not be helpful to the international buyers, A few dealers here I have been working with in southern California have told me there are new X5e's that are on the train coming this week to the port that do not have a stop sale on them and that the ones that were on the lot that were sent to the port to get checked out, should be on their way back by mid December if they dont need a fix. Not sure if they are blowing smoke up my ass, but they seem more optimistic than last week.
So they are prioritizing cars on the lot rather than the ones in customers hands? It’s been seven weeks since bmwusa contacted me, and not a word since. Never heard a thing from the SoCal dealer.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 11:11 PM   #922
Clippers015
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi Q7, 2013 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-lsd View Post
So they are prioritizing cars on the lot rather than the ones in customers hands? It’s been seven weeks since bmwusa contacted me, and not a word since. Never heard a thing from the SoCal dealer.
Yea that sucks! I asked the dealer a dumb why BMW did not provide the dealer with the instructions to do the diagnosis and only the faulty ones send them to the port. He said that although it might not be widespread in terms of numbers of vehicles that need the fix, BMW felt the dealers did not have the capabilities to do the test properly and they needed 'their' people to inspect and then sign off on all vehicles.

I wonder if running through the dealer on the lot inventory was the easiest way logistically to test a big batch all at once and then run through the vehicles that have been already sold? Seems odd they are just having owners of these cars sit on the sidelines and wait without much updates. Or part of the decision not to take in X5e's is due to uncertainty on the timeline of getting the car back to the owner. this will give BMW some slack regarding time spent in the shop for lemon law consideration

Last edited by Clippers015; 11-30-2020 at 01:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2020, 11:51 PM   #923
Davdus
Germany
Rep
Drives: X5 45e

Quote:
Originally Posted by xvm_45e View Post
I really hope I'm wrong, but I start to have the feeling that this is just a standard message they are giving. I am also on that priority list, and my was car also set up as first. But as far as I know, it's still on the dealer's parking lot although testing is apparently already happening in Zeebrugge.

Is there actually anyone here who got the message that they are NOT on a priority list? If everyone is on that list then clearly it's not a priority list anymore.
I think it depends from the dealer and the geographic location. As a company, we buy a few hundred thousands of EUR from the dealership, and as the managing director of the company, I guess they want to keep me happy. I have the car already, so I can confirm it hasn’t started yet
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 03:11 AM   #924
martin mustang
Major
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 640d,X5 45e, 911c4s, 635csi

This is the worst experience ever as a customer , taking in consideration the amount involved in purchasing this car, it is simply insulting and arrogant, how BMW is not informing any one in any shape or form, and here we are guessing what the hell is happening. two months in this mess, we still have no a words, not even an apology for the inconvenience or an acknowledgement, I am simply lost for words.
Appreciate 0