Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Quote:
1 mile. This is from the BMW connected app. I can't do much yet since I haven't picked the car up
States it is unlocked too... WTF?
they have a parking structure that's secure so that's probably normal? I can't communicate with the car currently so it's likely still in transport mode as expected
Could be in the showroom too
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 10:39 AM   #46
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by russelldav View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA View Post
Quote:
1 mile. This is from the BMW connected app. I can't do much yet since I haven't picked the car up
States it is unlocked too... WTF?
they have a parking structure that's secure so that's probably normal? I can't communicate with the car currently so it's likely still in transport mode as expected
Could be in the showroom too
lol can't show a car that's not theirs
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 01:37 PM   #47
2019x5User
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bwm x5

Cannot help myself asking silly questions to CA, just want to see how they responded. Here you go

===
Our technicians perform a 5-10 mile test drive after vehicle has been programmed from transport mode to ensure there is not drive train malfunction, chassis issue or software issues. Also, I added one to two miles when I filled up the car with gasoline.
===
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 03:11 PM   #48
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019x5User View Post
Cannot help myself asking silly questions to CA, just want to see how they responded. Here you go

===
Our technicians perform a 5-10 mile test drive after vehicle has been programmed from transport mode to ensure there is not drive train malfunction, chassis issue or software issues. Also, I added one to two miles when I filled up the car with gasoline.
===
Actually - cool that you asked. I saw the tech driving mine off/back on the lot when I went to do paperwork - either for gas or test drive. I went to see my X5 in the shop just before paperwork. It had been delivered to the dealer’s other service center and driven over to the showroom/prep center, prepped and then tested by the tech. Then gas. Then back to the service center on pickup day for inspection once they had my plates.

The vehicle gets driven... The techs drive 10s of vehicles daily I’m sure - and I doubt they do anything unusual. How far it’s driven depends n your dealer, their test drive and distance to the gas station and inspection center (if the latter is off site)
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 04:07 PM   #49
2019x5User
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bwm x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpydog View Post
Quote:

===
===
Actually - cool that you asked. I saw the tech driving mine off/back on the lot when I went to do paperwork - either for gas or test drive. I went to see my X5 in the shop just before paperwork. It had been delivered to the dealer's other service center and driven over to the showroom/prep center, prepped and then tested by the tech. Then gas. Then back to the service center on pickup day for inspection once they had my plates.

The vehicle gets driven... The techs drive 10s of vehicles daily I'm sure - and I doubt they do anything unusual. How far it's driven depends n your dealer, their test drive and distance to the gas station and inspection center (if the latter is off site)
I hope they don't do anything unusual, but my CA said no Break-in needed which is wrong. So I only can wish he did not floor it while he drove around.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 04:16 PM   #50
Wichita
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5 40i

Quote:
I hope they don't do anything unusual, but my CA said no Break-in needed which is wrong. So I only can wish he did not floor it while he drove around.
Just testing the front collision mitigation features.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 04:33 PM   #51
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

===
===
Actually - cool that you asked. I saw the tech driving mine off/back on the lot when I went to do paperwork - either for gas or test drive. I went to see my X5 in the shop just before paperwork. It had been delivered to the dealer's other service center and driven over to the showroom/prep center, prepped and then tested by the tech. Then gas. Then back to the service center on pickup day for inspection once they had my plates.

The vehicle gets driven... The techs drive 10s of vehicles daily I'm sure - and I doubt they do anything unusual. How far it's driven depends n your dealer, their test drive and distance to the gas station and inspection center (if the latter is off site)
Doing it once or twice isn't ideal but should not harm the engine. I didn't really follow the break in on my X3 which has the B58 I6 and saw no abnormalities in the engine oil sample I had tested at 10k miles.
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2019, 05:23 PM   #52
Doc5513
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

===
===

I'm sure it will be fine
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
lumpydog690.50
      01-20-2019, 06:10 PM   #53
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc5513 View Post
I'm sure it will be fine
One of the funniest posts I’ve seen here yet. Laughed out loud
Appreciate 1
Doc5513449.00
      01-20-2019, 06:58 PM   #54
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc5513 View Post
I'm sure it will be fine
I like this picture better, bonus points if you get the reference
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 07:04 PM   #55
vertrkr
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Cheech & Chong. Love it.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 07:36 PM   #56
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vertrkr View Post
Quote:
Cheech & Chong. Love it.
Yeah, you're the winner!
Appreciate 0