BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-20-2019, 12:42 PM   #1
Doc5513
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

Do your side sensors give off an audible alert?

Hey guys,
Just wondering if you have experienced the following:

When I would pull into my garage with the F15....I would get side sensors go off to alert me the right side of my garage was close to my car. And if I was idling in the driveway and my wife walked out to get in the car, those sensors would go off as she walked up as well. But I'm getting no audible alerts on the G05.
Now as I back it out of my garage, I can see the visual color change of the sensors in the surround view on the dash screen...so they are working?
I do get an audible from the front if I get close to the front of the garage .
Weird?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 12:49 PM   #2
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Maybe. I’ll have to check again. As I pull on my garage the red senors go off and I thought I heard a audible alarm but it might be the front as I swing in the garage. I get like 7 highlighted objects on the screen as I pull on to my garage because there are my kids/wife’s old boots and junk in front of where I park. It’s almost funny to see the X5 examine everything and then highlight what it feels is important Definitely next level technology going on.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 12:55 PM   #3
Doc5513
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
Maybe. I'll have to check again. As I pull on my garage the red senors go off and I thought I heard a audible alarm but it might be the front as I swing in the garage. I get like 7 highlighted objects on the screen as I pull on to my garage because there are my kids/wife's old boots and junk in front of where I park. It's almost funny to see the X5 examine everything and then highlight what it feels is important Definitely next level technology going on.
Yes, I get those visual sensor "pings" also. And the audible from the front. But no audibles on the sides.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 01:39 PM   #4
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Yes, I get them. What I'm finding odd is when I back up to a wall and it's pinging, it stops all noise momentarily then starts the constant noise. Very weird.
      01-20-2019, 01:46 PM   #5
TurtleBoy
General
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i,2021 M340i

I could be missing it but it appears there are no sensors on the sides in regards to the parking warnings.

General information
When approaching an object, an intermittent sound indicates the position of the object. E.g., if an object is detected to the left rear of the vehicle, a signal tone sounds from the left rear speaker.

The shorter the distance to the object, the shorter the intervals.

If the distance to a detected object is less than approx. 10 inches/25 cm, a continuous tone is sounded.

If there are objects in front of and behind the vehicle at the same time, with a distance smaller than approx. 10 in/25 cm, an alternating constant tone will sound.

The intermittent tone and constant tone are switched off if the selector lever position P is engaged.

The intermittent tone is switched off after a short time when the vehicle is stationary.

There is one line earlier that says: The ultrasound sensors for distance measurements are located in the bumpers and possibly on the sides of the vehicle.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 02:30 PM   #6
Doc5513
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleBoy View Post
I could be missing it but it appears there are no sensors on the sides in regards to the parking warnings.

General information
When approaching an object, an intermittent sound indicates the position of the object. E.g., if an object is detected to the left rear of the vehicle, a signal tone sounds from the left rear speaker.

The shorter the distance to the object, the shorter the intervals.

If the distance to a detected object is less than approx. 10 inches/25 cm, a continuous tone is sounded.

If there are objects in front of and behind the vehicle at the same time, with a distance smaller than approx. 10 in/25 cm, an alternating constant tone will sound.

The intermittent tone and constant tone are switched off if the selector lever position P is engaged.

The intermittent tone is switched off after a short time when the vehicle is stationary.

There is one line earlier that says: The ultrasound sensors for distance measurements are located in the bumpers and possibly on the sides of the vehicle.
Good point...so I believe than I'm referring to an audible warning that would be generated from an obstacle on the outer edge of that arc in your picture...which would coincide with entering the right side of a two-car garage and the audible begins as the front right bumper and quarter panel come close to the garage door track and then the inside wall of the garage.

Wrickem: do you get an audible in that scenario?
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 05:47 PM   #7
Xeno
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 M Sport 5.0i

I get audible alerts when the sensors think the right side of the vehicle is too close to my garage. This happens all the time as the extra width of the G05 makes a difference in the current garage configuration.
Appreciate 0