BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

12-17-2018, 02:56 PM   #89
mynewx5
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidRobot View Post
Wait for the 2020MY and keep my current car.
I see. Well here's hoping you get your X5 soon...
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 03:25 PM   #90
mhfrye
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 Xdrive50i (g05)

Quote:
Wait for the 2020MY and keep my current car.
I have to agree with AndroidRobot. I placed my original order in mid-August and may also cancel if no progress this week. I get this is a redesigned model and issues are to be expected, but at least BMW should provide more pro-active information when a problem surfaces, and be knowledgable on what to expect next. I've consistently gotten no or conflicting information regarding status from BMW and my CA. It seems not many at BMW know what's going on. When I ordered and tracked my 2016 435i, it was 6 weeks total from start to delivery at the dealership, and it shipped from Germany to the US. After owning 4 BMW's to date, I may have to seriously consider a RR Sport if no progress this week.
2008 BMW 550i (retired)
1997 BMW Z3 30i V6 (retired)
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 03:58 PM   #91
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhfrye View Post
When I ordered and tracked my 2016 435i, it was 6 weeks total from start to delivery at the dealership, and it shipped from Germany to the US.
My E70 took 19 days from placing the order at the dealer to hands on the steering wheel... That was pretty damn impressive.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 04:46 PM   #92
jcc285
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
I have to agree with AndroidRobot. I placed my original order in mid-August and may also cancel if no progress this week. I get this is a redesigned model and issues are to be expected, but at least BMW should provide more pro-active information when a problem surfaces, and be knowledgable on what to expect next. I've consistently gotten no or conflicting information regarding status from BMW and my CA. It seems not many at BMW know what's going on. When I ordered and tracked my 2016 435i, it was 6 weeks total from start to delivery at the dealership, and it shipped from Germany to the US. After owning 4 BMW's to date, I may have to seriously consider a RR Sport if no progress this week.
I have to echo that sentiment. We are all paying a lot of money for these vehicles and the fact that BMW didn't anticipate issues and they don't have a backup plan it's appalling to me. These are $60k-100K purchases and as such it deserves better customer service.
I understand that when you're mass producing a large quantity of vehicles unforeseen problems may arise especially new models but BMW didn't start building vehicles the last couple of months. like we say in my field " the surgeon that has no plan, is planning to fail"
I will also reconsider my order if I don't see progress by the end of the week.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 05:08 PM   #93
2019x5User
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bwm x5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcc285 View Post
Quote:
I have to echo that sentiment. We are all paying a lot of money for these vehicles and the fact that BMW didn't anticipate issues and they don't have a backup plan it's appalling to me. These are $60k-100K purchases and as such it deserves better customer service.
I understand that when you're mass producing a large quantity of vehicles unforeseen problems may arise especially new models but BMW didn't start building vehicles the last couple of months. like we say in my field " the surgeon that has no plan, is planning to fail"
After read all updated messages, I give up on checking mine
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 05:57 PM   #94
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Porsche Boxster GTS

Garage List
  [0.00]
2022 Porsche Boxste ...  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2019x5User View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Guys, my CA called and found out ALL Week 51 50is are delayed because BMW is incompetent and honestly has failed us. I'm not only disappointed but also very bothered by their lack of communication and poor planning. My order has been in for 5-6 weeks and they still couldn't get their sh*t together which is unacceptable. I don't know if I'm going to buy an X5 or another BMW at this point if they treat customers like this. Both myself and the CA did our parts on time yet we are left with maybe a Week 2 or 3, yes that far away build which is atrocious! Let this be a lesson: don't ever trust BMW to build anything on time or tell you if the car made whatever arbitrary cutoff they defined.
2018 BMW M2 Mineral Grey(SOLD)
2019 BMW X5 50i Carbon Black/Tartufo (SOLD)
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 06:18 PM   #95
avengerboater
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i

Quote:
Guys, my CA called and found out ALL Week 51 50is are delayed because BMW is incompetent and honestly has failed us. I'm not only disappointed but also very bothered by their lack of communication and poor planning. My order has been in for 5-6 weeks and they still couldn't get their sh*t together which is unacceptable. I don't know if I'm going to buy an X5 or another BMW at this point if they treat customers like this. Both myself and the CA did our parts on time yet we are left with maybe a Week 2 or 3, yes that far away build which is atrocious! Let this be a lesson: don't ever trust BMW to build anything on time or tell you if the car made whatever arbitrary cutoff they defined.
What was their reasoning for the delays?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 06:32 PM   #96
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by avengerboater View Post
Quote:
What was their reasoning for the delays?
Per BMWs style none was given other than they couldn't make whatever cutoff to finish before shutting down. Basically they failed to produce vehicles as expected and screwed over their customers all while not saying a word until my CA spoke with the regional rep to find out what's going on. I really like my current BMW, this whole situation is really a slap in the face to every customer with a W51 50i. They sure know how to kill brand loyalty. I'm calling BMW NA tomorrow, I really don't think they will care or fix anything. I'll probably get some half hearted apology followed by a 'do you need anything else' which will only further kill the brand for me. I might go back to Audi or with something else if they can't pull their head out of their figurative a's. I'm giving them a chance to fix the issue which is more than they deserve for the poor handling of the ordering process. I'm always very professional when it comes to these things and while I hope for the best I know it likely won't end well.

I want to ensure everyone at least gets some clear guidance from this OP since BMW can't provide any. If any BMW reps ever read this (doubtful) they should take action to fix this for each and every customer or risk losing more of they once loyal customers.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 06:36 PM   #97
lumpydog
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
this whole situation is really a slap in the face to every customer with a W51 50i
Probably some week 49 and 50 peeps as well.

(Actually, there is at least one week 48er who may not make the holiday factory shut down cut)

Last edited by lumpydog; 12-17-2018 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 06:37 PM   #98
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpydog View Post
Quote:
this whole situation is really a slap in the face to every customer with a W51 50i
Probably some week 49 and 50 peeps as well.

(Actually, there is at least one week 48er who may now make the Holliday factory shut down cut)
I agree 100%. Honestly I don't know why they can't meet their own dates or even tell the CAs let alone customers what's going on
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 07:07 PM   #99
jra0113
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive 50i

Just checked this thread after you mentioned it on the other one that blows dude. I can tell you the wait will be worth it but I'm sure you're not hearin it right now and I don't blame you. This is the kind of shit that usually happens to me guess I got lucky bmw didn't fuck me over too.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2018, 07:14 PM   #100
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jra0113 View Post
Just checked this thread after you mentioned it on the other one that blows dude. I can tell you the wait will be worth it but I'm sure you're not hearin it right now and I don't blame you. This is the kind of shit that usually happens to me guess I got lucky bmw didn't fuck me over too.
I know the car is worth waiting for. I'm still a rational person and that means I need view the big picture. Companies who can't put customers first or care enough to do the right thing bother me. I am giving them a chance to correct things and address the issue so no one else experiences such poor communication and issues. The sad part is if they communicated (yes I've mentioned this a thousand times now) I wouldn't be as upset. If I'm spending $100k on a car I expect the company to provide service worthy of that pricetag. I always pay more for things if it means good communication/service when it's needed.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 06:12 AM   #101
hcastudillo
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 xDrive40i M-Sport 3rd

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I understand your frustration. I placed my order back in July (first in Germany according to CA) but I need the 3rd row. Initially it was supposed to start production in October but then BMW moved it to December. Then they told me they moved it to Week 6 and I'm not scheduled to receive it here in Germany until the end of March or beginning of April. So 8 months after placing order....believe me I get your frustration. The only reason I dont don't cancel and wait for the MY2020 is because my CA told me the price is most likely going to go up. I hope things work out for you and everyone else waiting!
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 06:39 AM   #102
mhfrye
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 Xdrive50i (g05)

2008 BMW 550i (retired)
1997 BMW Z3 30i V6 (retired)
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 07:41 AM   #103
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
I understand your frustration. I placed my order back in July (first in Germany according to CA) but I need the 3rd row. Initially it was supposed to start production in October but then BMW moved it to December. Then they told me they moved it to Week 6 and I'm not scheduled to receive it here in Germany until the end of March or beginning of April. So 8 months after placing order....believe me I get your frustration. The only reason I dont don't cancel and wait for the MY2020 is because my CA told me the price is most likely going to go up. I hope things work out for you and everyone else waiting![/QUOTE]
Quote:
Sorry to hear that, I'd be equally frustrated. What's worse is they're made here in the US and you still want her a clear answer. I can only imagine how hard it must be trying to find out what's going on in Germany even though they're headquartered there.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 09:34 AM   #104
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Guys, BMW NA is pretty bad at doing things. I spoke with them for over an hour this morning and left feeling more disappointed. They denied any delay and said my CA is full of it because their system (same one we see online) is always correct. I'm not sure how BMW can operate in such a fashion which is disconcerting. I'm no sure what I'm doing at this point.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 09:59 AM   #105
verruckt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, G05 X5, Gen 2 Raptor

Not surprised on the 50i delay.

The new / modified N63 is rumored to be having some serious issues like the previous iteration, and its a well known thing at dealerships. The delay for the 50i models is likely related to this while BMW figures out the problems.

Of course, they won't tell you this (they don't really need to). Rest assured though, out of any manufacturer I have complete trust and faith that BMW will come up with the correct fixes. Their engineers are top notch, and its better for them to figure these issues out now rather than release the vehicles to you and do it later - as you'd be far more pissed if they did that.

Last edited by verruckt; 12-18-2018 at 10:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 10:01 AM   #106
verruckt
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 M4, G05 X5, Gen 2 Raptor

Quote:
I know the car is worth waiting for. I'm still a rational person and that means I need view the big picture. Companies who can't put customers first or care enough to do the right thing bother me. I am giving them a chance to correct things and address the issue so no one else experiences such poor communication and issues. The sad part is if they communicated (yes I've mentioned this a thousand times now) I wouldn't be as upset. If I'm spending $100k on a car I expect the company to provide service worthy of that pricetag. I always pay more for things if it means good communication/service when it's needed.
You haven't paid for anything yet, therefore you're not getting any service. I don't get what you're so upset about.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 10:30 AM   #107
Doc5513
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

My completion date just moved from Dec 18(today) to Dec 21
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 11:11 AM   #108
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc5513 View Post
My completion date just moved from Dec 18(today) to Dec 21
I'm glad yours in at leats on the production line.

I found out some more information on the delay. BMW has a shortage of camera for the ZPK ( Parking assistance package) yet again like they did with the X3 earlier this year. This affects all G series models in production. There are some that made it through but most did not. BMW didn't learn to correct the supply issue from earlier on seeing how it's literally a repeat off April/May.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 12:15 PM   #109
bichoo
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:

I found out some more information on the delay. BMW has a shortage of camera for the ZPK ( Parking assistance package) yet again like they did with the X3 earlier this year. This affects all G series models in production. There are some that made it through but most did not. BMW didn't learn to correct the supply issue from earlier on seeing how it's literally a repeat off April/May.
So this should be a delay for anyone who has ordered ZPK? I'm going to call genius now and check the status of mine, which is a 40i but with the affected package
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 12:20 PM   #110
AndroidRobot
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bichoo View Post
Quote:

So this should be a delay for anyone who has ordered ZPK? I'm going to call genius now and check the status of mine, which is a 40i but with the affected package
Not everyone, some made it through but a large amount did not. The supply of cameras is the issue.
Appreciate 0