BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

01-20-2019, 02:30 PM   #1
MystroX5
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X7 M50i/ 911

Navigation “home address” not being remembered.

I also want to put this on record with another minor Navigation bug.
My “home address” will not be remembered after a day in the navigation. All my other favorite locations are there and the nav works great but I have to enter my “home address” location all the time if I want it to navigate home. I can even send addresses to my nav from the app without issue and it remembers those.

I am running the original software 23 iDrive.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 03:09 PM   #2
Doc5513
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MystroX5 View Post
My “home address” will not be remembered after a day in the navigation. All my other favorite locations are there and the nav works great but I have to enter my “home address” location all the time if I want it to navigate home. I can even send addresses to my nav from the app without issue and it remembers those.

If you say "hey BMW navigate home" will it take you there?
In my case I've renamed the car "Scarlett"😇👍🏻. She always does what I tell her.
Appreciate 1
wrickem2101.00
      01-20-2019, 03:12 PM   #3
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc5513 View Post
In my case I've renamed the car "Scarlett"������. She always does what I tell her.
I called mine “Beamer” but it does if I have the address saved. Haven’t tried it when there is no address saved. I also use the open hand/fist gesture for “take me home”. I know the first generation gesture control took a lot of heat but this current version has worked flawless for me and I enjoy using it.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 03:43 PM   #4
Doc5513
Captain
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc5513 View Post
In my case I've renamed the car "Scarlett"������. She always does what I tell her.
I called mine "Beamer" but it does if I have the address saved. Haven't tried it when there is no address saved. I also use the open hand/fist gesture for "take me home". I know the first generation gesture control took a lot of heat but this current version has worked flawless for me and I enjoy using it.
Yeah I saved my address as "home" and she takes me right there!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 04:00 PM   #5
MystroX5
Major General
Rep

I do wish we could use a gps location as “home” as many addresses are marked at the mail cluster boxes down the street and not the actual location. At this point, I would be happy if it just remembers my proper address and not forgetting it every day but I have WiFi hotspot and weather apps so I must pick my battles.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 10:11 PM   #6
bimmerstyler
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 G05

Garage List
I usually use the open hand - closed fist - open hand gesture to go home. Super useful and fast.

I did notice that the connected drive app learned my home and work. Check out More > Privacy and Terms > Learned Destinations and see what's in there so far. This might be how it learned my home for that gesture too.
      01-22-2019, 07:17 PM   #7
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

When I got in my X5 tonight, even though I knew the way I asked her to “take me home”

What I didn’t expect was that her response was going to be “perfect, it’s nice to be home”. I’m not sure,but I think she wanted to come into the house with me. Completely unexpected reply.
mnewnam268.00
MystroX56244.50
kleo12.00
      02-07-2019, 12:52 AM   #8
dkpark0612
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i & 2020 X7 40i

Quote:

I too have this problem. Picked up the car last Fri. Got confused if I did something wrong when I set up Home Address. It seems that I am not alone here. Did anyone fix this issue? I got an appointment with a BMW genius this weekend and will share what he says about it.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2019, 09:31 AM   #9
bimmerstyler
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 G05

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkpark0612 View Post
Quote:

I too have this problem. Picked up the car last Fri. Got confused if I did something wrong when I set up Home Address. It seems that I am not alone here. Did anyone fix this issue? I got an appointment with a BMW genius this weekend and will share what he says about it.
I've noticed that you can set an address that you are entering as the home address if that address isn't set. Not sure if you can in that same screen if it is already set.

In the iPhone app press More > privacy > learned destinations and edit the address in there and see if that helps. When you get to the car make the gestures "open hand - closed fist - open hand" and the car will start touring you to the set home address it knows.

Try that and let us know what happens.