12-26-2023, 06:00 AM   #23
Chipmunk2k3
Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i M Sport, 1998 540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strikesinatra View Post
I pulled the drivers door connector off and immediately the passenger doors lit up but no center console or footwells so im thinking they probably wont come on until i change the module thats faulty so my problem is in the drivers door im going to grab a module from bmw before i pull the panel off being that i know im going to need 1 anyways
Thanks man you gave the most descriptive solution i have came across
You're Welcome.

FYI - There are two types of LED modules in the door. Three of them are the violet module and one is a 2 part grey module with a ribbon connector.
Violet module is part # 63319459826. I didn't get the part number for the grey module.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2023, 05:19 AM   #24
Strikesinatra
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Hey i bought that violet harness piece swapped out the middle one in the door and now everything works perfectly
Thanks for the step by step
Appreciate 1
      01-03-2024, 10:32 PM   #25
ronthmas
Rep
Drives: F97, F31, E46(ZHP)

The part number for the grey is 63319459825…
Having a similar issue. NONE of my ambient lights work, except the two dots near the sunroof control. Based on the posts in this thread, looks like everything starts in the doors. Let yall know how I make out.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2024, 07:29 PM   #26
Bolt1949
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i

Garage List
2024 BMW 40i  [0.00]
Looks like this may be another common problem for G05's of a certain vintage. My (now former) 2019 50i M-Sport had the same issue develop in the last few weeks -the ambient lighting failed in the center console, front footwells (both) and all 4 doors. Seat backs and dash continued to work. Seems this particular issue may be the latest problem that will plague this otherwise awesome vehicle. I also had the thigh bolster coming loose issue, the "clicking" sound when turning that was corrected by adding the spacers on the front brake rotors issue, the shuddering from the transfer case occurring when making slow speed turns (i.e. when parking) likely due to the wrong fluid being used at the factory (went away after fluid change, but who knows the long-term effect?). Don't get me wrong, this was a great driver's car, mine just had some issues that were apparently common to the 2019s. Unfortunately, the ambient light issue isn't covered after the OEM warranty expires (it's also not covered under the Platinum ESP). Good to see some folks have figured out the DIY fix, but pulling off door panels is not something I am willing to do. For me, this was another "canary in the coal mine "sign that it was time to move on. I just traded it for a new LCI 40i x-Drive.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2024, 05:42 PM   #27
ronthmas
Rep
Drives: F97, F31, E46(ZHP)

Finally got around to getting this done…appreciate your write up. Found the bad module…replaced it and all is well in ambient lighting world :-)
Instead of trying to remove entire module, I popped open the plastic and removed the LED module inside. Replaced it and snapped cover back on. Thanks again for the detailed write up.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2024, 11:05 AM   #28
torosyanv
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipmunk2k3 View Post
Attachment 3350057

To troubleshoot the door, I followed the same basic principle. disconnected all led modules in the door.
Reconnected in this order yellow, red, blue, green.

In my case the first two came on, then the system went dark when I connected the module circled in blue. Repaired that module, reinstalled… problem solved.
A disconnected driver door, seems my problem is this led light source.
does someone know the code for light source?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 12:37 PM   #29
bgalex
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3, F10 M5

Hello everyone,

This is not lightning up on my driver front and rear side door, (picture below circled in red)

What are the two modules that I need to get this to work again?

I saw a member post I would need
63319459826 - VIOLETT
AND
63315A37320 - GRAY

Can anyone please confirm if I need both pieces for each door? ( so I need to order 2 of each)

Thank you very much!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2024, 01:34 PM   #30
Bolt1949
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i

Garage List
2024 BMW 40i  [0.00]
This is the crux of the DIY solution. The fix "could" involve replacing those two parts, or it could be something else entirely. It may be true that someone on this forum has fixed the issue by swapping those parts, but there is no certainty that doing that in your situation will be successful. In a proper shop, with all the diagnostic resources available, the fix can be identified. You could buy those parts, swap them in, and find it didn't accomplish the repair. Or perhaps it will. Hopefully you could return those parts if they turn out to be unneeded, but returning electronics is not always an option.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 12:35 AM   #31
OleksandrV
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 xDrive40i

Hi all. I have a 2021 X5 and unfortunately today one of the ambient lights failed. Drivers door, where the door handle(or pocket, I don’t know how to call this part properly).

Checked all other lights, everything works.
Any ideas how to fix this?
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2024, 05:29 AM   #32
OleksandrV
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X5 xDrive40i

Hi guys. Relating my previous post, there is one interesting thing happening. When I open my BMW through BMW app(door unlock button in the app), that door pocket light works! But when I switch to my drivers profile, it stops working. Any ideas what’s the connection between drivers profile and that one ambient light?
I’m sure that before there was no problem with that, and all lights were functional fine when I used my key to enter and drive the car.
Also, is it normal that when I open my car through APP, in order to chose my profile I need to have a key with me or use Digital key? If I’m trying to chose my profile without any of those, I’m gettin massage “Automatic driver recognition failed”. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2024, 03:17 AM   #33
Bmw_Austria
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw X5 G05

Hallo from Austira. Sorry for my englisch i need a translator. I have the same problem as in the first post. The center console's lights doesnt work, footwells both passenger and driver and a few others. I have all the doors depending on the row but no light comes on. Can you help me please?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:01 PM   #34
rrod
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 M50i

Reviving this thread. I have the driver door grab handle and contour light out but the door opener handle and lower pocket pool. Also out are 2 strips on center console, 2 front foot well lights, driver side rear door.
I took door panel off and the contour module was built up with corrosion cleaned, reinstalled still not working.

Does anyone know if the grab handle comes before contour light and the others that I have out?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 11:10 AM   #35
rrod
United_States
Rep
Drives: x5 M50i

For anyone else in similar situation. I replaced the grab handle led module (violet color) and lights still didn’t work.
Proceeded to unplug all lights on the driver door and reconnect one by one. To my surprise all the lights I mentioned that were out came back to life with the exception of the grab handle that was originally out and was replaced with a new led module.
Grab handle could possibly be faulty module from dealer?
Appreciate 0