BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-28-2020, 08:13 AM   #1
greghorne
GReg
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Munich Issues STOP on 30d handovers

BMW issued a STOP notice globally on all X5 30d, 530d and 330d cars last Thursday. To date, BMW UK hasn't been told why? Has anybody else got any information on this?
Appreciate 1
      09-28-2020, 08:31 AM   #2
jayo
Private
Rep
Drives: F15 X5

Do you think this is related to the PHEV recall?

Would all the models that you mentioned be mild hybrids with a small battery?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 08:35 AM   #3
greghorne
GReg
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayo View Post

I really don't know. My spec has it so maybe it is. It's just a 48V battery to be able to cope with constant engine re-starts.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 09:04 AM   #4
Ian335xd
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F90 M5 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by greghorne View Post
I really don't know. My spec has it so maybe it is. It's just a 48V battery to be able to cope with constant engine re-starts.
If you private message me with VIN I will go on BMW AOS to find out more information for you.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2020, 09:18 AM   #5
greghorne
GReg
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian335xd View Post
Quote:
If you private message me with VIN I will go on BMW AOS to find out more information for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian335xd View Post
Quote:
I can't. They have the car and even though I know what the registration plate will be it's not yet registered so I don't have a v5 or a VIN number. I have just emailed my sales guy at BMW and asked him to do it as he has the VIN number.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 03:22 PM   #6
nighter
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW G05

Quote:
I can't. They have the car and even though I know what the registration plate will be it's not yet registered so I don't have a v5 or a VIN number. I have just emailed my sales guy at BMW and asked him to do it as he has the VIN number.
Hi there - did you get any update from your dealer on this?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 10:19 PM   #7
James_G0540i
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5 G05 40i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighter View Post
I wouldn't worry, something tells me its a production issue on cars made over the last few months, possibly related to the 48V mild-hybrid version which only started production in the last few months.

Another reason I wouldn't touch a hybrid, these early versions from BMW are full of issues. Full combustion or full electric, that's my philosophical position.

Still, I feel for the guys that have their cars on order at the moment, interested to see the real reasons for the STOP.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2020, 10:28 PM   #8
SmartSaves
X5 Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5

Garage List
2021 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by James_G0530d View Post
Full combustion or full electric, that's my philosophical position.
Concluded the same. BMW still beta testing.
      10-03-2020, 02:43 AM   #9
greghorne
GReg
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighter View Post
Quote:
No nothing. The dealerships are in the dark. BMW UK keep trying to tell me they will speak to the dealership to find out what's going on. I lost it on the phone yesterday. Told dealership what is needed to keep me in the deal (free stuff) or I want a refund of my deposit and I walk over the road to Mercedes. Dealership said they can't help as lost money (he meant personal commission) as the deal didn't conclude in the last quarter. I said I wanted him to ask BMW to pay for the upgrades. Today is decision day.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 02:52 AM   #10
Addbuyer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X3MC

Well good luck getting anything out of BMW. I was told I would get the first service free for all the shit I swam through getting mine but ask them to put it in writing so I have documentation to produce when the service is due, no chance. I’ve said it a few times on this forum, BMW are the worst motor dealer I’ve ever dealt with and totally ruined what was supposed to be pleasurable experience. Now my car has issues (going in Monday) so here we go again
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 03:07 AM   #11
greghorne
GReg
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addbuyer View Post
Well good luck getting anything out of BMW. I was told I would get the first service free for all the shit I swam through getting mine but ask them to put it in writing so I have documentation to produce when the service is due, no chance. I've said it a few times on this forum, BMW are the worst motor dealer I've ever dealt with and totally ruined what was supposed to be pleasurable experience. Now my car has issues (going in Monday) so here we go again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addbuyer View Post
Well good luck getting anything out of BMW. I was told I would get the first service free for all the shit I swam through getting mine but ask them to put it in writing so I have documentation to produce when the service is due, no chance. I've said it a few times on this forum, BMW are the worst motor dealer I've ever dealt with and totally ruined what was supposed to be pleasurable experience. Now my car has issues (going in Monday) so here we go again
What I don't get is that this safety stop on the 30d G05 and 530, 330 etc only affects cars NOT delivered and doesn't affect cars that have been delivered????
Appreciate 0