BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-06-2019, 11:01 AM   #375
agzx517
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW G05

please confirm

Can anyone in the US please confirm if Video in motion actually works please. I know you have to jump through some hoops in order to do it but does it work in the end? thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 11:03 AM   #376
dan321
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by agzx517 View Post
Can anyone in the US please confirm if Video in motion actually works please. I know you have to jump through some hoops in order to do it but does it work in the end? thanks
Do you mean "Drive Recorder"? Yes, it works. Hold down the surround-view button for a few seconds and the start menu will appear.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 03:54 PM   #377
agzx517
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW G05

Hello, No. I meant video in motion as in playing videos while driving on the idrive screen.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 04:40 PM   #378
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Yes, it works, either in esys or bimmercode.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 05:26 PM   #379
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan321 View Post
Quote:
Do you mean "Drive Recorder"? Yes, it works. Hold down the surround-view button for a few seconds and the start menu will appear.
How can you get drive recorder working on a MY19?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 08:50 PM   #380
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36, E46, E90, G05 and MB W205

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesrest View Post
Quote:
LOL! You still did not answer his question. OP wants to know if after coding it successfully does it actually work and has anybody actually played a movie or a video while driving and is able to view it on the iDrive screen.

OP - While I have coded it successfully [or at least I think I have] I have not been able to actually play a video but I intend to do that this weekend. I will keep you posted on how it goes.
Appreciate 1
Surge124.50
      09-06-2019, 08:55 PM   #381
twinturbomann
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i, 2022 X6 X40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by samvora View Post
Did you ever get the M animation back? If not then - disclaimer first - do this at your own risk and I am not responsible for any thing that goes wrong or if you screw up. It worked like a charm for me and is pretty straight forward - now on to the solution: go to the head unit module in the BimmerCode app and then hit expert mode. Then go to startup_type and make sure the animation option is selected. Then hit code and you are all set. In my case it was selected to splash and I changed it to animation and works flawlessly. Even the goodbye animation is M themed now.

Well, it got a little better but during expert coding, i saw the M animation at coding reboot. During the normal shutoff, i just get the straight line with no M logo. FML
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 08:59 PM   #382
twinturbomann
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X5 M50i, 2022 X6 X40i

M animation at shutoff pic

What i get at shutoff after expert mode for M animation
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 10:15 PM   #383
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbomann View Post
What i get at shutoff after expert mode for M animation
There is something that you are not doing right. It works flawlessly for me each time. The startup animation works in very very specific conditions and definitely never when you have the Auto Unlock enabled, which i do so I don't even bother looking for it but at each shut off I get the M animation
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 10:47 PM   #384
Surge1
Private
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
LOL! You still did not answer his question. OP wants to know if after coding it successfully does it actually work and has anybody actually played a movie or a video while driving and is able to view it on the iDrive screen.

OP - While I have coded it successfully [or at least I think I have] I have not been able to actually play a video but I intend to do that this weekend. I will keep you posted on how it goes.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

How do you get to play a video from iPhone even when parked? I only see screen mirroring but that's just for Android.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 06:47 AM   #385
roadkillrob
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 335i,22 X3M, 2012 C63 Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbomann View Post
Well, it got a little better but during expert coding, i saw the M animation at coding reboot. During the normal shutoff, i just get the straight line with no M logo. FML
Mine works like this also, the M animation works at startup after doing the expert mode additional coding, but at shutdown I just get that line also.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 07:18 AM   #386
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:

I answered his closed yes/no question in the affirmative - yes it works. If it didn't play videos successfully I would have posted that it didn't work and not to bother, as would have the other dozen or so posters that have tested it.

Last edited by archivedaccount; 09-07-2019 at 07:26 AM..
Appreciate 1
gpitts247.00
      09-07-2019, 07:21 AM   #387
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1 View Post
How do you get to play a video from iPhone even when parked? I only see screen mirroring but that's just for Android.
I don't think you can, other than using a jailbroken iPhone and 3rd party app for mirroring. Otherwise video playing via iPhone is audio only.

I use a USB drive with mp4 and mkv preloaded. Works really well on the big screen.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 11:36 AM   #388
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkleyman View Post
You can't yet.

If/when BMW make it available, as a digital after-market Connected Drive service, I expect you will need the following hardware/services:
- 6U3 Live Cockpit Pro
- 5DN Park Assist Pro
- 6AE TeleServices

It will probably be offered as a CD service, and delivered as an app downloaded to the car.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 11:50 AM   #389
hkleyman
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i M-Sport

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkleyman View Post
You can't yet.

If/when BMW make it available, as a digital after-market Connected Drive service, I expect you will need the following hardware/services:
- 6U3 Live Cockpit Pro
- 5DN Park Assist Pro
- 6AE TeleServices

It will probably be offered as a CD service, and delivered as an app downloaded to the car.
Got all of that, hopefully they open it up. OTA is pointless when dealerships are the only ones that get software and vehicles produced less than 6 months ago miss features.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 11:58 AM   #390
archivedaccount
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I think they will for this specific feature as it's easy to deliver, low risk and, most importantly, an additional revenue stream.

Hopefully it's just a one off fee.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 09:38 PM   #391
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You cannot play it from your iPhone. If you do not have an android phone then you have to rely on a USB to play video in motion.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 09:39 PM   #392
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

I answered his closed yes/no question in the affirmative - yes it works. If it didn't play videos successfully I would have posted that it didn't work and not to bother, as would have the other dozen or so posters that have tested it.

That's the whole point. The dozen or so others that have tested it have not commented once giving a clear-cut answer of yes or no.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 06:32 PM   #393
mnewnam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '21 Mineral White X5MC

Has anyone had this problem? Car is in diagnostic mode, but I can only see a few options in 3 ECUs. Not showing anywhere near the number of options that it says are supported. I tried with a VGate adapter and a UniCarScan adapter. If I choose head unit it says "no coding options". Also, no expert mode option. I was able to code ASS no problem.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 07:20 PM   #394
bubbahead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G05 40i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewnam View Post
Has anyone had this problem? Car is in diagnostic mode, but I can only see a few options in 3 ECUs. Not showing anywhere near the number of options that it says are supported. I tried with a VGate adapter and a UniCarScan adapter. If I choose head unit it says "no coding options". Also, no expert mode option. I was able to code ASS no problem.

I noticed it too with my Vgate. I'm lucky I did all my coding couple months ago but last week the tailgate functions were not available.
2011 550ix msport
2009 e92 335i msport
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 08:32 PM   #395
samvora
The Dark Knight
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnewnam View Post
I do know that some of the features are available for coding only with the OBDMX plus or whatever that other adapter is and the V peak and other adapters don't have the ability to code all features. You might want to try that adapter and see if that works I have the OBD adapter so all features work for me to be coded
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 01:52 AM   #396
OzJedi
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: X5 2019 40i MSport Carb Black

Quote:
There are some benefits to using esys right away:
- no need to buy the android BT dongle
- not dependent on the developer release cycle
- many more features available for coding. Almost unlimited in fact
- you can flash your i-step if feeling adventurous
- VO coding

Disadvantages:
- you will need a Windows PC or macbook with bootcamp/vm such as fusion
- Slightly more expensive as launcher pro is the cheapest option at $50. Much more expensive if you need to buy virtual platform software and/or a physical laptop
- some additional risk dependent on capability

Ultimately I think you need to ask yourself if all the features you need are covered by bimmercode right now. If they are then that's the best option as its quick, safe and inexpensive.

If you want more though, I wouldn't count on those features being made available in bimmercode, and consider how much those additional features are worth to you.
Any alternate options to Launcher Pro? I emailed the developer couple of weeks back but haven't heard back.
Appreciate 0