BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

02-19-2023, 03:59 PM   #1
Teledatageek
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 45e; 2021 F150 Raptor

Passenger restraint system malfunction + Passenger seat heat

Wonder if anyone has had this error? Had our X5 45e in for service on this last week - of course no error and they saw no codes. Said they took the vehicle for a ride but it didn't trigger.

Just took a 200+ mile each way road trip with my wife in the passenger seat this weekend - came on every 20 minutes or so. We finally noticed that when it triggered and the wrench was in the display that she could not control the passenger seat heater - e.g. - if it was off, couldn't turn it on; if it was on, couldn't turn it off. Once the error went away (sometimes during a drive, sometimes after powering off), the switch works fine.

Whacky and annoying. The dealer says when it happens to try and drive there (and of course not open the door to shut the vehicle off) and they will try and see what is going on.

Trying to avoid multiple trips to the dealer for what appears to be a sensor issue?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2023, 05:00 PM   #2
Teledatageek
Private
Rep

Going to answer my own post... Dealer got me right in - not used to this kind of service at Ford! Just called (been a few hours) and a bad seat module or something. Being overnighted for delivery tomorrow and gave me a 5 series to drive.

I would rather not be in the service department, but if one needs to - wow - super impressed with the communication and ease of of it all.

I contrast this with picking up my Raptor today - 3 visits, no loaners, I had to chase Ford directly twice and arm wrestle my dealer over the Sync issue. Fixed today which is great, but whew - aggravation.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 03:34 PM   #3
F15_SGM
Insta~ f10_sapphire
Rep
Drives: BLACK 2015 528I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teledatageek View Post
Wonder if anyone has had this error? Had our X5 45e in for service on this last week - of course no error and they saw no codes. Said they took the vehicle for a ride but it didn't trigger.

Just took a 200+ mile each way road trip with my wife in the passenger seat this weekend - came on every 20 minutes or so. We finally noticed that when it triggered and the wrench was in the display that she could not control the passenger seat heater - e.g. - if it was off, couldn't turn it on; if it was on, couldn't turn it off. Once the error went away (sometimes during a drive, sometimes after powering off), the switch works fine.

Whacky and annoying. The dealer says when it happens to try and drive there (and of course not open the door to shut the vehicle off) and they will try and see what is going on.

Trying to avoid multiple trips to the dealer for what appears to be a sensor issue?
What was the causes and resolution. I'm having same issue
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2023, 05:59 PM   #4
Teledatageek
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F15_SGM View Post
What was the causes and resolution. I'm having same issue
They replaced the SMBF module, whatever that is. Problem never came back
Appreciate 0