BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-29-2022, 11:45 AM   #67
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5 40e

So today I tried on a another iPhone and result are same.... I must of reinstalled this app like 20 times now on my phone alone...

Also BMW relied to me again saying they need to escalate the issue and asked for more info...
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 01:15 PM   #68
Stacker93
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 30d G05

I was quite late to get the option on my phone, I know some people got it last month but I literally only got it last week and I update my apps regularly every couple of days so not sure if it's in a staged roll out or something. Frustrating how it doesn't just work though!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 01:29 PM   #69
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stacker93 View Post
I was quite late to get the option on my phone, I know some people got it last month but I literally only got it last week and I update my apps regularly every couple of days so not sure if it's in a staged roll out or something. Frustrating how it doesn't just work though!

I have the same exact problem, why it just doesnt work ? Im coming from a volvo, the app the internal computer all just worked, app had everything from day 1 and was much easier to use and provided much more useful information and in real time......

BMW wrote back and asked me to do the same thing I already did. So will be providing them now requested screenshots...

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.

VIN: XXXXXXXXXXX

Please make sure vehicle is out in the open and Bluetooth is off on your phone before performing the steps below.

We recommend performing an Update Services in your vehicle to refresh the connection. This can be done by following the steps below:

-Hold the power button down for 70 seconds exactly. (The volume knob is the iDrive power button)
-The iDrive screen in the center of the vehicle will turn off and reboot around 25 seconds into the 70 seconds, but keep holding the power button for the entire 70 seconds
-After 70 seconds, release the power button and wait for iDrive to boot up
-On the iDrive, click "Apps" and then press the “Option” button near the iDrive controller in the center console
-Choose “Update apps and services”. The vehicle will then undergo a short update.
-Finally, remove the MYBMW app from your phone and then reinstall the app.

Once the update completes, we recommend shutting the vehicle off and locking doors allowing 30 minutes before restarting the vehicle to check the connection.

iDrive screen in the vehicle and select Car, Driver Profile and make sure you are logged in. Please navigate back to the main menu and select Car, Settings, General settings, scroll down to Data Privacy and select and make sure box is checked for Agree and activate all.

Please provide screenshot showing iDrive Data Privacy menu.

My Trips should be listed under individual services whether or not it is enabled.

If it is not enabled, please enable. Or, select 'All services incl analysis'. Then, logout and login again to a fresh My BMW App version from App Store.

If My Trips is missing entirely from this iDrive list, the vehicle has not received the relevant data update via provisioning to enable My Trips.
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 01:42 PM   #70
Stacker93
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yozhbk View Post
I have the same exact problem, why it just doesnt work ? Im coming from a volvo, the app the internal computer all just worked, app had everything from day 1 and was much easier to use and provided much more useful information and in real time......

BMW wrote back and asked me to do the same thing I already did. So will be providing them now requested screenshots...

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.

VIN: XXXXXXXXXXX

Please make sure vehicle is out in the open and Bluetooth is off on your phone before performing the steps below.

We recommend performing an Update Services in your vehicle to refresh the connection. This can be done by following the steps below:

-Hold the power button down for 70 seconds exactly. (The volume knob is the iDrive power button)
-The iDrive screen in the center of the vehicle will turn off and reboot around 25 seconds into the 70 seconds, but keep holding the power button for the entire 70 seconds
-After 70 seconds, release the power button and wait for iDrive to boot up
-On the iDrive, click "Apps" and then press the “Option” button near the iDrive controller in the center console
-Choose “Update apps and services”. The vehicle will then undergo a short update.
-Finally, remove the MYBMW app from your phone and then reinstall the app.

Once the update completes, we recommend shutting the vehicle off and locking doors allowing 30 minutes before restarting the vehicle to check the connection.

iDrive screen in the vehicle and select Car, Driver Profile and make sure you are logged in. Please navigate back to the main menu and select Car, Settings, General settings, scroll down to Data Privacy and select and make sure box is checked for Agree and activate all.

Please provide screenshot showing iDrive Data Privacy menu.

My Trips should be listed under individual services whether or not it is enabled.

If it is not enabled, please enable. Or, select 'All services incl analysis'. Then, logout and login again to a fresh My BMW App version from App Store.

If My Trips is missing entirely from this iDrive list, the vehicle has not received the relevant data update via provisioning to enable My Trips.

I've also tried everything they have suggested you do, it seems it's failing on the last part!
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 03:49 PM   #71
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

Again at escalation .... must be something with my account...
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2022, 04:14 PM   #72
mmm50i
Captain
Rep
Drives: '22 X5 M50i & '23 Model Y

Quote:
Again at escalation .... must be something with my account...
Same for me, a Connect Drive rep told me they've issued a tech support ticket to look into the issue. Mine hasn't worked since Nov 19th.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 11:22 AM   #73
Stacker93
Private
Rep

Hopefully someone gets this working soon, I am going to give it a go again this evening with the 70second reset (last time I did 90) and failing that, will contact Connected Drive services tomorrow and see if they can help!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 07:25 AM   #74
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Hopefully someone gets this working soon, I am going to give it a go again this evening with the 70second reset (last time I did 90) and failing that, will contact Connected Drive services tomorrow and see if they can help!
How did it go? Still nothing for me in the app and nothing back from BMW …
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 08:49 AM   #75
dan1495
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 X5 40i 2023 M440i CV

I’m having the same issue with my wife’s X5. The strange thing is that it has continued to work on my 23 M440. One thing I have noticed on the X5 is that even though I keep selecting “ all services” under Data Privacy the next time I look it appears to have reverted back to the default setting. I have pretty much surrendered.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 09:34 AM   #76
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
*fingers crossed* the app has been solid for my 45e and wife's 540i on both our iPhones (12 Pro and 11 Pro, both on latest iOS)
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 11:49 AM   #77
Stacker93
Private
Rep

Quote:
How did it go? Still nothing for me in the app and nothing back from BMW …
No luck yet unfortunately, I just deleted my profile from the car and re set it up. A popup about change of privacy appeared and I got excited but it was just remote services and 3D view

I don’t think my profile has fully reloaded to the car yet and I seem to be in a patchy signal area so I’m hoping it does tomorrow!
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 02:22 PM   #78
bmwakmg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 45e (Prod Wk46)

Garage List
I have the same issue on my app for my X5 which I got last week. Tried everything but still can't get My Trips on the phone. Talked to Genius and they opened ticket as for others but I doubt that will help.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 08:38 PM   #79
ottawahull
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X5 45e Tanzanite blue

Same myapp connectivity issue here

For those of you who have mybmw app connectivity issues, do you have connected services working on the car such as Spotify, weather, news services etc,,,?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2022, 09:14 PM   #80
double_cheeseburger
Rep
Drives: mini

I have the same issue. I got my car around 3 weeks ago. Contacted the service team. Received the same generic reply. Tried and enabled everything. Still nothing in the app. Genius said it's been escalated. Frustrating though for an 80k car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 08:46 AM   #81
bmwakmg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by double_cheeseburger View Post
I have the same issue. I got my car around 3 weeks ago. Contacted the service team. Received the same generic reply. Tried and enabled everything. Still nothing in the app. Genius said it's been escalated. Frustrating though for an 80k car.
For me I don't even get My Trips not activated. There is nothing reg My Trips in the app. But in car My Trips option is there in services and is checked.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 09:03 AM   #82
bubbahead
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2022 G05 40i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwakmg View Post
For me I don't even get My Trips not activated. There is nothing reg My Trips in the app. But in car My Trips option is there in services and is checked.
Mine is opposite. In the app, shows message for 'Mr Trips not activated' but in the car, there is no 'My Trips'
2011 550ix msport
2009 e92 335i msport
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 09:07 AM   #83
nZtiZia
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: eVeRyOnE mAD!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by double_cheeseburger View Post
I've had the same settings enabled when MyTrips was released in September, and i didn't have to do anything to activate it. something must've changed on BMW end
Attached Images

Last edited by nZtiZia; 12-02-2022 at 09:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 01:11 PM   #84
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Interesting, we got our cars build and delivered at same time and we both having same exact issue. I dont see it in the app at all, while iDrive privacy shows "my trips" checked off. I also have a ticket with BMW, and we went back and forth as you might see above, but still nothing....

This is really frustrating especially coming from Volvo where this just worked, and had more info like src. location dst. location etc...

I have a feeling its something with the account ? Maybe because we were tracking it in mygarage and app before it came ? Or because dealer added us and we also did it our selfs ?
Also did you by any chance get an email that said "Please accept ConnectedDrive Terms" ? When I went to it, there was nothing to accept it was like accepted already.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 01:16 PM   #85
bmwakmg
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Interesting, we got our cars build and delivered at same time and we both having same exact issue. I dont see it in the app at all, while iDrive privacy shows "my trips" checked off. I also have a ticket with BMW, and we went back and forth as you might see above, but still nothing....

This is really frustrating especially coming from Volvo where this just worked, and had more info like src. location dst. location etc...

I have a feeling its something with the account ? Maybe because we were tracking it in mygarage and app before it came ? Or because dealer added us and we also did it our selfs ?
Also did you by any chance get an email that said "Please accept ConnectedDrive Terms" ? When I went to it, there was nothing to accept it was like accepted already.
Yeah I got that email also and yes when I tried to click on link when at dealership it did not do anything.

I am beginning to get a feeling if this is state specific? I say that cause I am in IL and here Nest cams don't use the familiar faces feature. So guessing if it's something to do with privacy laws of the state? Just a thought. But I agree this is frustrating why BMW can't resolve it or give an explanation
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 01:22 PM   #86
Stacker93
Private
Rep

Quote:

What version of software is your car running?

Mine is running 07/2022.50, I see people talking about 07/2022.58 so wonder if that has anything to do with it?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 01:27 PM   #87
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I got that email also and yes when I tried to click on link when at dealership it did not do anything.

I am beginning to get a feeling if this is state specific? I say that cause I am in IL and here Nest cams don't use the familiar faces feature. So guessing if it's something to do with privacy laws of the state? Just a thought. But I agree this is frustrating why BMW can't resolve it or give an explanation
I dont think its state specific... Im in NY. I think its something with the account and my bmw app. I starting to get a feeling it has something to do with the way dealer or us did the initial setup. And those terms are bothering me, maybe there are some extra terms we didnt agree to...
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 01:29 PM   #88
yozhbk
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
What version of software is your car running?

Mine is running 07/2022.50, I see people talking about 07/2022.58 so wonder if that has anything to do with it?
Where did you check that version ? I only have my bmw app version from the idrive which is 3.2.49. Have to look tonight to find full idrive version.
Appreciate 0