BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

09-28-2023, 03:21 PM   #1
gopirates
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M40i

iDrive 8.0 reverting settings and showing tach in Comfort mode?

When I took delivery of my LCI X5m60i back in July at the PCD the Genius there showed me how to change my dashboard to display the Tachometer rather than Power % while in Comfort mode.

For some reason when I started the car yesterday I noticed it had reverted back to show me Power %.

I fiddled with the iDrive settings for a while and called the Genius hotline and talked with 2 different agents they told me this was not possible even though I was adamant I had this set up when I picked up the car.

Does anyone know how to set up these individual settings and has anyone done this?

(I know the Tach is shown in Sport mode) though want this in Comfort mode also.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 03:50 PM   #2
gopirates
Rep
Drives: BMW X3M40i

After I posted, I found a Youtube video that helped guide me. There is a button on the right side of the steering wheel that changes this.

+1 for Youtube, -2 for calling BMW Geniuses (2 separate agents could not figure this out)
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 05:32 PM   #3
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopirates View Post
When I took delivery of my LCI X5m60i back in July at the PCD the Genius there showed me how to change my dashboard to display the Tachometer rather than Power % while in Comfort mode.

For some reason when I started the car yesterday I noticed it had reverted back to show me Power %.

I fiddled with the iDrive settings for a while and called the Genius hotline and talked with 2 different agents they told me this was not possible even though I was adamant I had this set up when I picked up the car.

Does anyone know how to set up these individual settings and has anyone done this?

(I know the Tach is shown in Sport mode) though want this in Comfort mode also.
Ive experience the instrument cluster display layout setting not being remembered for a driving mode on next drive, and it seems to default back to the standard/normal view. As you found its easy enough to change it back to your preferred layout, however I think there is a bug somewhere in the system thats causing this behavior. This is with iDrive 8.5 (07/2023.33) as well.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2023, 08:20 PM   #4
Boardmember
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 xDrive40i

Garage List
Yes. I hate to admit I’m glad to read this, I’ve thought it must somehow be me.
Appreciate 0