04-02-2022, 09:00 PM   #23
elite-fusion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW FINALLY! View Post
Hey! Sorry just saw your post.

This is the one I got for my car in gloss black. Turned out great! High quality. Made with same materials as OEM products.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Painted-Bla...53.m2749.l2649
ordered this. came from TW in less than 2 weeks. stellar quality. 15 min install time.

Thanks to eagle_bmw for the link to the rivets. I did not order the tool as I only needed 2 rivets so two pairs of pliers did the trick, one to hold down the clip (pushing) and one for the pin (pulling). A little force for that, but after a few felt clicks it was secure, so saved $25 bucks.
Appreciate 1
eagle_bmw182.50
      04-03-2022, 08:14 PM   #24
bak
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X6

Pic of Painted Diffuser

Twinturbomann,
Attached is a pic of the original diffuser paint in dark shadow WB27 on my X6, I also have a diffuser off of a non-trailer hitch X6 painted dark shadow WB 27 as well, I was hoping the non trailer hitch version would go on and I would figure a way to quickly swap them out when I trailered, but no luck. If you figure out a way please let me know. Thank You, Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbomann View Post
I've got a white X6 with the OEM tow package and the tow area just doesn't flow well with the rest of the car.

Being that the bumper itself is the dark shadow WB27, I'm leaning on a painted gloss black as shown below or going with a color matched diffuser in dark shadow. If someone knows a custom shop that can mold a tow cover I'm open to that too.

Can anyone please post a pic of their painted G05/G06 tow diffuser?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-29-2023, 12:17 PM   #25
CraigP
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive 40i

Hydrographic Rear Diffuser

I just don't like the look with the alpine white next to the gray bumper trim. I was not able to find many options for the rear diffuser with the tow package. I found a local guy that does hydrographics out of his house. He painted the diffuser black, dipped in carbon fiber and then clear coated for $125. Not a bad deal. Paint is still soft and it is cold here, but I will upload pics after I install.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-06-2023, 09:05 PM   #26
rundeyvoo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 / X3 / 330e / 330i

For those rear diffusers (along with the front lip) is it safe to assume that you will have to drill or tap into the bumper with the screws / hardware supplied?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2023, 10:30 AM   #27
Anubys
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 40i

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i  [0.00]
2019 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigP View Post
I just don't like the look with the alpine white next to the gray bumper trim. I was not able to find many options for the rear diffuser with the tow package. I found a local guy that does hydrographics out of his house. He painted the diffuser black, dipped in carbon fiber and then clear coated for $125. Not a bad deal. Paint is still soft and it is cold here, but I will upload pics after I install.
Any chance you have a pic of the diffuser installed now?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2023, 07:15 PM   #28
CraigP
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive 40i

Pics of hydrographic dipped rear diffuser installed. It is finished in automotive clear coat, so I think it should hold up.

This is who I used if you are in the area.
https://oklahomahydrographics.com/
Attached Images

Appreciate 0